Temporary | Teen Ink

Temporary

By j.g.poems PLATINUM, Naples, Florida
j.g.poems PLATINUM, Naples, Florida

Most things are not temporary. Everything does not last forever. And it takes time and knowledge to eventually find that out. Everyone discovers it in different ways, and here is mine: When I first became interested in writing, is when I was very depressed. There is no sugar coating it, but if I could, it would go like this: I woke up every morning, wishing I had not. That is simply all I can say. One of my first pieces I have ever written went like this:

I am stronger than you.
Stronger than your wounds,
Your hate,
And your whispers that tell me I want more.
I am stronger than you.
But what I am not stronger than,
Is myself.

Somehow, after writing this poem, I did feel stronger than myself. And for just a slight moment, I realized that the feeling of sadness is temporary. However, the feeling came flooding back into my body. One step forward, two steps back, they say. Throughout my 8th grade year, I experienced with trial and error. I also continued to write about my errors. I fell deeper and deeper, but something dragged me back up. One morning, I woke up to discover, that this feeling that I felt, is not what I am going to feel in 10 years. I am most likely not even going to feel like this in 1 year. And all the times that I physically abused myself, built me into a stronger, more independent women. And all the disturbing thoughts I had imagined, will soon fade away. And the outcome will be beautiful. So, I leave you with a piece that I have just written:

It is a beautiful thing.
Going from "I need to."
To "I never will again."
It's a beautiful thing,
To finally realize what you are worth.
And it's a beautiful thing,
To love who you have become.

-Jessica Lynn