Knock Off Jeans and Boots with the Faux | Teen Ink

Knock Off Jeans and Boots with the Faux

By SmileyRiley PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois
SmileyRiley PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

"You can be a victor without having victims and you can stand tall without standing on someone"

Sometimes, I just don’t understand. I’m a fairly intellectual person with reasonable logic but nothing on this earth can explain to me what makes anyone beautiful. I mean brown hair, blue eyes, and long legs? What does it all matter? Sure, guys have told me I’m “hot” and asked for my number but what does that mean? Does it mean I’m society’s idea of pretty? But this piece isn’t about my insecurities; it’s about the worlds’.
Ever since Mary-Kate had anorexia it’s “in to be thin”. And ever since Lindsay got her first DUI it’s okay to drive drunk. Well it’s not. It isn’t pretty to have a disease, it’s dangerous and scary. It’s not cool to endanger yourself and those precious lives around you, it’s stupid.
Look at Amy Winehouse, do tattoos make her ugly? Then again do they make her beautiful? Where is this person who is playing God and deciding what is good and what is bad for us to look like because myself and just about every other teenage girl in America would like to give them a piece of our mind! Who made wearing Abercrombie and Hollister cool? Don’t get me wrong, I wear those clothes along with a million other people but that doesn’t mean that people with a designer closet are good people. One of the cruelest people I’ve ever met only wears Abercrombie but that doesn’t make it bad.

What’s wrong with earthly possessions? What’s wrong with a happy medium of Aeropostale and K-Mart, and what’s wrong with weighing two extra pounds? People today in general are too concerned with what’s on the outside when they’re missing a lot of people with really pure hearts.

MusicPanda BRONZE, Cleveland, Tennessee

A true reader is not defined by how many, or what books they have read, but by the lessons that they learn from them.

Exactly! They say that they are unique, but they are all the same

RedheadAtHeart ELITE, Mountain Home, Idaho

Love with open hands. - Madeleine L'Engle

YOU GO GIRL!!!

LunaLives GOLD said...
LunaLives GOLD, South Bend, Indiana

Because I can!-Me "Life is a choice and death is a decision"-Lil Wayne

EXACTLY...

LexiB SILVER said...
LexiB SILVER, Tallassee, Alabama

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God will be with you where ever you go."

Joshua 1:9

I agree. I love Aeropostale and Abercrombie, but why do people get so caught up in their apperances? I mean, who wants to spend fifty bucks on a t-shirt? I find my favorite clothes at this really cool thrift store. Yesterday I bought a pair of Aerepostale skinny jeans for two bucks, and I'm fine with that. And what's all this crud about being skinny? I mean if your sixty pounds overweight, obvisouly you need to eat healthier, but why starve yourself miserable? That was my five-minute rant for the day. ;)

E.L.W. PLATINUM, Glen Allen, Virginia

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels.
The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes -
the ones who see things differently.
They're not fond of rules and they have no respect for the status quo.
They push the human race forward.

I like how you look at both sides. You provide a really good opinion -- its okay to have some material stuff, but the important thing is that you are a good person.

Well done.

dragonbiscuits SILVER, Near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"You cannot acheive peace with violence" -several people

YES! YES!!! Thank you!

I don't think I need to say more!

Its so true, I have a poem on here called "Ode to Ideal" its similar to your article. I like how u cited real events/celebs that really caught my attention. Keep up the good work, best of luck!

megan prokop BRONZE, Spring, Texas
1 article 6 photos 1 comment
I loved it! You go girl!

unearthlyhaphazard GOLD, N/A, New York

"There are three rules for writing the novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."~W. Somerset Maugham

You really express society in a wonderful way. I love how you said, "Does it mean I'm the society's idea of pretty?" and "Ever since Mary-Kate had anorexia, it's in to be thin". Keep up the good work!

Bella_Vita21 said...
Bella_Vita21, Indianapolis, Indiana
AMAZING

Jaquie BRONZE said...
Jaquie BRONZE, West Palm Beach, Florida

This is certainly one of my favorites: "I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes." -2 Samuel 6:22

Loved it. Your very well spoken, and really have some talent. I really felt what you were writing. I really enjoyed reading the article. Very down to earth. And I love your suggestion of a 'happy medium of Aeropostale and K-mart'. Great job. Keep writing!

God bless,

...,

pinksage33 BRONZE, Woodstock, New York
Great article!!!

pinksage33 BRONZE, Woodstock, New York
Well said!!!

SmileyRiley PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

i really like how down to earth this peice is. great job.