It's not wearable art if you can't WEAR IT | Teen Ink

It's not wearable art if you can't WEAR IT

August 1, 2009
By delizabethl PLATINUM, Linesville, Pennsylvania
delizabethl PLATINUM, Linesville, Pennsylvania
33 articles 0 photos 33 comments

Have people gone mad? I’ve SEEN the miserable excuses that pass for clothes these days. I’m all for wearable art, really, I am. But these days whenever I see a fashion magazine, I stop and put my head in my hands.
I consider myself an amateur designer, but I bet I could probably do better than most of the bozos and nutcases whose designs end up on the catwalks. Fashion is wearable art. It stops being fashion when it’s not wearable.
A lot of the so-called “fashion” can’t be worn unless you’re alone, parading in front of a mirror in your room. Or somewhere people can’t tell what you’re wearing, so they’re not appalled and/or disgusted.
Furthermore, I actually think today’s runway favorite’s are kind of ugly. Red and pink, or red and orange shouldn’t be put together. They clash and clashing pieces only serve as eyesores. Always administer caution when working with blue and green. Only certain shades look good together. These are the rules of style and outfits. Rules modern designers have broken and ignored. Style is SENSIBLE fashion. But today’s fashion isn’t really fashion, it’s a sham.
It also induces negative peer pressure and self-hate. Fashion can change at a moments notice. Style is forever and means something different to EVERYONE.


The author's comments:
This is my opinion. If you don't agree, that's your opinion.