Remember | Teen Ink

Remember

March 11, 2016
By forever_ally SILVER, Pickens, South Carolina
forever_ally SILVER, Pickens, South Carolina
5 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
ride or die


Ladies, there will come a day when your husband walks in the door and you do not turn around, you will be preoccupied with filling a sippy cup and wiping booties.  You will shout over the running bath water, “Hey! I’m glad you’re home.”  But it won’t mean what it used to mean.  It won’t be full of eager anticipation to spend time together.  Instead it will be full of expectations to aid in the demand of your family. “Glad you’re home,” turns into, “Thank God for two extra hands to help out.” 


There will come a day when you spend every last ounce of yourselves on your child.  The demands of life and the babies will come before any other priority.  What little of yourself you have left at the end of the day will be used to just curl up in bed before someone wakes up needing you again.  The thought of doing anything else after the children are asleep will sound impossible.


Men, there will come a time when that beautiful bride sitting next to you hasn’t showered in days, she will be at her wit’s end wearing other people’s food and maybe a little bit of throw up on her shirt.  She will need to hear that she is beautiful, but she won’t listen to you.  She will need to know that she is still loveable, but she won’t want you near her.  When you arrive home after a meeting the demands of work, you will be expected to meet the demands of your family.  Your wife will hear none of your exhaustion and you will see none of hers.


You will call home to ask a quick question and anticipate a two minute conversation.  Half of it will be spent listening to your wife talk to your kids, and a sentence or two towards you.  Mostly, “don’t do this,” or “don’t do that!”  You will become accustomed to these outbursts but you will forget that there was ever time when you had her full attention.


But Ladies, when mommy becomes your name, remember this man.  Remember that you are his wife, remember how much you love and appreciate him in this moment.  Remember his dedication to your family and his love and devotion towards you.  And then, when the days are long and you need a break, then fall into his arms.


Men, remember your bride.  The care and love that she has given you will soon be spilled over to your children.  Her love for you will not change, give her the grace to be enough even when she doesn’t feel like it.  Remember when your days are long, her days are too.  Remember her, fall in love with her again. 
Remember each other and remember the two that made the family.