Stupid, Stupid Love | Teen Ink

Stupid, Stupid Love

February 19, 2012
By PeNfReAk10 PLATINUM, Chino Hills, California
PeNfReAk10 PLATINUM, Chino Hills, California
22 articles 3 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
When life hands you lemons, take the seeds and plant them.


What is love?

What is it really?
So many people in school talk about it like it’s supposed to be this normal thing you feel for someone. Then the next someone, and the next, and the next. But, me? I believe it’s jank. Yes. Complete and utter jank. There is no way you can actually LOVE someone and break up with them the next week. And what’s the point of boyfriends and girlfriends? There is none. That’s what.

You might as well be with no one and take care of your needs than have to deal with someone else’s emotional issues. But, I guess infatuation is hard to detach from. And it’s not like anybody knows the difference between love and infatuation because nobody has felt both. Only one of them. And it’s most likely going to be infatuation first.

So love? Love is another word for drunk. You’re drunk so much you end up on the floor crying because of a little argument. And THAT’S completely inane.
I don’t understand it.
What I do understand is that I’m considered one of those lone losers who have nobody. But, really, who’s the loser if you break up with someone every two weeks? I don’t understand it. It’s just all really stupid. So stupid it hurts.

Love is an “L” word. And you know what else is an “L” word? LAME. Lame, lame, lame, lame, lame. Love is stupid to the highest degree. So what if the guy doesn’t call you back? That’s his way of getting you antsy. And the girl who nags? That just shows the oncoming girls and their emotional issues. It’s almost all the same. What would happen if we just tried to understand that none of it works? We’d all become sane, that’s what. We’d be the most intelligent organisms in the universe.

And if you’re staring at your crush for half your lunch break, you’ve got issues. I just don’t understand it. So what if you don’t know whether or not they like you back? That’s the way life is. Don’t be all moaning and groaning or go cry in a corner. Be independent, for Pete’s sake.

Autonomy is so valuable it’s an endangered personality. I always thought that infatuation was something you see on Lifetime or something. But when I saw that it’s real, I realized that this world is jacked up. I mean, so screwed we can’t even understand what we’re saying to each other.

Misinterpretation is the nefarious malady to everyone’s life.

So here I stand, forever firm. Love is stupid. And that’s just how it is.

Stupid, stupid love.

The author's comments:
I was in one of those chat rooms and everyone just starts talking about crushes and I was so confused and a little weirded out. It helped me see how dependent people are on a relationship.