Virgin Lips | Teen Ink

Virgin Lips

October 12, 2009
By grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah
grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah
19 articles 43 photos 48 comments

Favorite Quote:
When you learn to die, you learn to live - Morrie


V.L. Stands for Virgin Lips. It’s a term that should be far more widespread and is the status your lips should hold for more than the first ten years of your life. People don’t seem to realize that once you give your first kiss away, there's no going back. Once you give it, it's gone for life. No over-sized eraser can fade the marks of crimson lipstick. This applies not just to the virginity of your lips, but of your body... When you start young, you end young. No refunds. No exchanges. Final sale; take it or leave it. Once it's gone, it's gone. Forever. When learning this lesson in life, you get no second chances, just one shot. Take it or leave it? I choose to leave it. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm waiting until marriage, waiting for Love. True Love. Not the deception of Lust, Love's shadow; she who wanders dingy streets, ambling with outstretched hands, ever-searching for something clean and pure to defile with her filthy hands... Sugar has a substitute: Splenda; glasses have a substitute: contacts; Guitar Hero has a substitute: Rock Band! But when it comes to Love, there is no substitute. So save your lovin’ for the one you really love, the one who you’ll spend the rest of your life with. And hey, no worries!—you’ll have ample time to practice kissing when you have the rest of your life to do so.


The author's comments:
I'm not possessed, but rather obsessed. ;D No, I'm really neither of the two. I just don't believe in sex outside of marriage. Although that may sound crazy to you, and as abstract as that may sound, I believe in it wholeheartedly, and wish to share this message with the world. Most people don't believe in virginity or chastity of the mind or body anymore, and I just wanted to stand up and say that I do. I believe it like a religion!I dearly hope I didn't offend or anger anyone with my opinion. Take what you like from my words.
peace out!

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 126 comments.


on Aug. 26 2011 at 11:04 am
andromeda13 SILVER, Barrie, Other
8 articles 0 photos 174 comments
i don't agree with your opinion, but i respect it. I thought your artcile was very well written although you could have made it longer.

Vballgirlie said...
on Aug. 8 2011 at 10:28 am
Vballgirlie, Tomball, Texas
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment
I have virgin lips, and I'm proud of it. I have friends that had their first kiss in second grade. And I'm just proud that I'll get to have mine with someone worth it.

on Aug. 3 2011 at 8:19 pm
emolover95 GOLD, Park City, Utah
13 articles 0 photos 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

I totally agree! I'm sixteen and I haven't had my first kiss yet. I'm not ashamed of that! I have Virgin Lips! I really want to wait for that special someone who comes along and then I can give him the only thing that's absolutely and totally unique to our relationship. No one else can say they've shared in our kiss, because we are the only two people like ourselves. This article is beautiful, I really love it! Keep writing!

on Jul. 29 2011 at 12:52 pm
jesus_saves GOLD, San Antonio, Texas
10 articles 2 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
You know somethings wrong when you can't share your thoughts with your self.
-Sadie P. Jackson

You give your first kiss away. If it was taken from you then it wasn't your first kiss, because it wasn't done in love

on Jul. 29 2011 at 12:50 pm
jesus_saves GOLD, San Antonio, Texas
10 articles 2 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
You know somethings wrong when you can't share your thoughts with your self.
-Sadie P. Jackson

A kiss is a powful thing. Why do you think the cuple kisses in the wedding ceremony? A Kiss is almost as binding and crucial as s-x. Meaning that the importance of staying pure till marriage is so big that we need to really watch it.  If you read Song of Solomon you see the passion that Solomon and his beloved have for one anopther both intellectualy and sexualy. Its because they waited till marriage, and now they are glad that they didn't lay all the cards on the table. 

VIRGIN LIPS ROCK!


k.s.h. GOLD said...
on Jul. 13 2011 at 8:11 am
k.s.h. GOLD, Depauw, Indiana
11 articles 0 photos 40 comments

Favorite Quote:
Two roads diverged in a wood and I--I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.


Robert Frost

Your words are so true.  I'm only 11 and I have a friend that kissed someone on the lips.  I got really mad at her.  Why waste your childhood on something that never lasts?

Lilliterra said...
on Jun. 21 2011 at 6:52 pm

Yeah but you want it to be perfect, right? So that you can safely think and reminisce about it later and not have to try and push it out of your mind. You want to at least try and make it the person you're gonna be with for the rest of your life, right?

Because no one can truly say their first kiss was wonderful when it belongs to an old boyfriend they've been working to get out of their head for years.


on May. 13 2011 at 10:28 am
Kung_Fu_Manda_Panda BRONZE, Arvada, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Live life like you'll die tomorrow."
"Don't worry........ Be happy(:"
"Never drop out of the game til your satifsfied(:"

thats really good and if someone did make fun of you they can go screw themselves its you option

on May. 12 2011 at 7:26 pm
Bookdragon GOLD, Mona, Utah
11 articles 6 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
By Endurance We Conquer ~Ernest Shackleton

I agree, my friends and I call it Lipginity.

SaritaLC said...
on Apr. 26 2011 at 9:28 am
SaritaLC, Lockport, New York
0 articles 13 photos 15 comments
I agree with you 110%. People tend to rush into things because they think its ok at the time, but later end up regretting it anyways. Everyone needs to slow down and take their time. Love isn't easy and it certainly takes patients.

on Apr. 19 2011 at 4:16 pm
x_Topscore_x BRONZE, Cocoa, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Keep up the good work! Its nice to know that there are still people who beleve in "waiting" Good job. ^.^

on Apr. 16 2011 at 9:23 am
JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia
35 articles 0 photos 782 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Freedom is the ability to not care what the other person thinks."

"Not all those who wander are lost" --JRR Tolkien

"When you are listening to music it is better to cover your eyes than your ears." --Jose' Bergamin

I so agree with you.  You shouldn't be ashamed of your opinion.

on Apr. 9 2011 at 10:55 pm
pageturner PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York
34 articles 0 photos 94 comments

Favorite Quote:
It's okay to daydream.. just as long as you get to do some of those daydreams.

I'm not saying that. I don"t believe in lust, it's only based on hormones. But if you don't even have passion with someone, with love and trust, then what's the point of staying together when there's no spark

on Apr. 8 2011 at 2:39 pm
inkblot13 PLATINUM, Auburn, New York
41 articles 1 photo 160 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If I knew where poems came from, I'd go there"




- Michael Langley, 'Staying Alive'

so by being compatible with someone implies something physical? For example: really great guy/girl, makes you laugh everyday, etc... but a bad kisser. So you'd break up with them because you aren't compatible for each because of that? Anything physical shouldn't have a base in a relationship, that's called lust.

on Apr. 8 2011 at 2:34 pm
inkblot13 PLATINUM, Auburn, New York
41 articles 1 photo 160 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If I knew where poems came from, I'd go there"




- Michael Langley, 'Staying Alive'

rock on! I'm with you on that :D

on Apr. 8 2011 at 2:33 pm
inkblot13 PLATINUM, Auburn, New York
41 articles 1 photo 160 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If I knew where poems came from, I'd go there"




- Michael Langley, 'Staying Alive'

rock on! I'm with you on that one!

on Apr. 8 2011 at 2:31 pm
inkblot13 PLATINUM, Auburn, New York
41 articles 1 photo 160 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If I knew where poems came from, I'd go there"




- Michael Langley, 'Staying Alive'

I agree with you 100%! I also think that "kids these days" (whoa, i sound like my dad! lol) give away their first kiss far to easily, it should be something cherished. Personally, I'm saving mine for the moment when I get married and hear "You may now kiss the bride"

Fate98 GOLD said...
on Apr. 1 2011 at 9:59 am
Fate98 GOLD, Glasgow, Other
11 articles 0 photos 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life isn’t about how popular you are… What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts.. and our minds. This is the reason we sing.. this is the reason we cry… this is why we live." - Andy six"

Yup you are so 100% right. i wish i could have seen this artical before now.   At my school everyone asks everyone if they are VLs. I used to feel as if i was in the wrong when i said i was. i was mad to feel like i was falling behind and was a baby for not having kissed anyone.

I used to feel so bad about it and then i got my wish. I got asked out by my first boy friend and one month later we were full on kissing. I was 12! And it could have gone better.

Now i'm oldder i wish i could take it back and wait for the right time. But like you said there is no way of ever getting that magical moment in a girls life back. :-(  


on Mar. 18 2011 at 8:31 pm
Lissabelle116, ASHVILLE, Virginia
0 articles 0 photos 6 comments
I love your comments your article!

Drixel BRONZE said...
on Feb. 9 2011 at 2:20 am
Drixel BRONZE, Springfield, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
You were born an original. Don't die a copy. -John Mason

So true! I've already had my first one, and well, not the best thing in the world. :/ As someone who's been corrupted by romance novels and romantic comedies, things like these hold a special place in my heart. First times only happen once. Might as well make it special. :D