Gay, Lesbian, bi relationships are okay!! | Teen Ink

Gay, Lesbian, bi relationships are okay!!

September 20, 2009
By ~luckydutchess~ BRONZE, Keywest, Florida
~luckydutchess~ BRONZE, Keywest, Florida
4 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"One day there will be a chance that you will say that you love one person and really mean it, but every day one person is at least loving you now." - Me


I don't understand why most people in the world don't like people of the same sex to be in a relationship. I'm bisexual myself and people come up to me and start critizing me because i am, but they dont understand that I'm special in my own way just like other ppl, no matter who they are.

Where I live the main population is gay, lesbian and bi people. In front of my school there are even people writing signs saying "God hates America and Fags are not welcomed here!" I am getting so sick of it! This is making us not want to come out and actually be us.

The government has no right to make laws saying that gays can not be married. God and government does not mix people! Get it straight! Some of yur friends might actually be gay, lesbian or bi, and would u not be there friend because of it? If you would, then you are messed up and not worthy of their friendship.



Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 1003 comments.


Blake17 BRONZE said...
on Nov. 13 2011 at 6:29 pm
Blake17 BRONZE, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 4 comments
I agree, savetheplanet.  

Blake17 BRONZE said...
on Nov. 13 2011 at 6:22 pm
Blake17 BRONZE, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 4 comments
The Book of Leviticus...dealing with how the world can achieve goodness although it is vulnerable to sin.  I'm agnostic so I really don't know, I'm just guessing,  but I think that homosexuality is named as a sin.

Blake17 BRONZE said...
on Nov. 13 2011 at 5:57 pm
Blake17 BRONZE, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 4 comments
What does it matter if you're gay, lesbian, bi, or straight?  We're all just people, aren't we?  We make mistakes and all that, but what's the point in condemning people for who they are?  It's not your right to tell them that they're wrong.  Why can't people just get past their bigoted opinions and just accept other ideas for a change?  I personally have no problem with anyone who is other than straight- in fact, I have a lesbian friend, and I see her no different than anyone else.  She is smart and kind and she's definitely not a sinner or anything like that.  The people who talk behind her back and put her down are the real sinners.

Jessbug SILVER said...
on Nov. 13 2011 at 4:32 pm
Jessbug SILVER, Jersey City, New Jersey
9 articles 22 photos 52 comments

Favorite Quote:
“We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.”
—Ernest Hemingway

Sorry, but in my opinion, this was not very good at all. Using text speech accompanied by poor grammar immediately makes your argument seem weak. It's a good topic, but this just wasn't well-written.

on Nov. 12 2011 at 12:19 pm
Dino-chan BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri
1 article 2 photos 26 comments

Favorite Quote:
"death cannot stop true love only delay it for a while" westly the princess bride

Dear ChristianProfessor,

I think you should know something before you go condemning people as Satan worshipers you should know a few things. One, there are more genes involved in determining one’s sexuality than if you are left or right handed. Two, the bible was written after Jesus died and was therefor written by man. This means that it was skewed by mans will to survive and it’s own beliefs and that of its government. Three, there are so many religions how do we positively know what is fact?

I am o my own religion because all religions seem to hate. This hate led to terrorist attacks on nine eleven and wars across the world. It also results in day to day struggles such as murder suicide beatings and a number of other violent acts.

 

Sincerely,

Ksaurus200


on Nov. 11 2011 at 9:17 am
Midnight_Hum SILVER, Hearne, Texas
5 articles 0 photos 48 comments
Sorry, but I can't count Ki.nsey as an actual, reliable scientist. He said (in a study) that young children can experience or.ga.sms and listed multiple sources to support this. In fact, he interviewed only one pe.dop.hile and listed it as multiple sources (misleading the media and the scientific community). This is not only bad science, but it is also faulty logic. He took the word of a very sick, very confused man (one who prefers s.e.x with young children).  How about if we ask the kids that he abused if being forced into s.e.x. was an enjoyable experience? Ki.nsey is the most overrated, unscientific buffoon that has ever been glorified by the media. I'm sorry that you think of him as a reliable source.
There are many other famous scientists and psychologists that all have varying views on ho.mose.xuality. Freud found that it could be "cured" 70% of the time with special counseling.
     I'm sorry if I offended you, but I do not believe that people are either 'g4y' or 'b.ise.xual'.  If I am to except and condone other's s.ex.ual preferences, then I must also make allowances for pe.do.philes and those who commit be.stia.lity.  If hom.ose.xua.lity is indeed fluid, like you and Kin.sey seem to believe, than how is hom.ose.xuality any different from pe.dop.hilia and bes.ti.ality?
     Nature, G0d, and man have always been in concordance with one thing. That male and female are made for each other. The whole of life is centered around the reproduction of the species. It is illogical to assume that either G0d or Nature (whichever route you want to choose) would design or promote something that went against all biological and physiological laws in life.  To say that ho.mose.xuality is right, you must say that either G0d was wrong or that ev.olution is wrong.  Since hom.ose.xuality is a negative trait from an evo.lutionary standpoint (whether you believe in G0d or not), hom.ose.xuality HAS to be a break from the logical biological timeline or the G0d who created humanity.  Basically, it doesn't fit in with what we know of science or faith.

on Nov. 10 2011 at 6:40 pm
Dino-chan BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri
1 article 2 photos 26 comments

Favorite Quote:
"death cannot stop true love only delay it for a while" westly the princess bride

ummmm.... i think this was more of a "I-am-really-ticked-off-and-need-to-rant"type of thing

ambnyc SILVER said...
on Nov. 9 2011 at 8:47 pm
ambnyc SILVER, Rego Park, New York
6 articles 0 photos 133 comments

Favorite Quote:
You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - Dr. Seuss

Oh, really? So then it stands to reason that we MUST have se.x with the opposite gen.der before classifying ourselves as he.terosexual, too.

I mean, G.od forbid we actually KNOW who we're attracted to before having se.x with them.

What are we, as.exual until then?


ambnyc SILVER said...
on Nov. 9 2011 at 8:43 pm
ambnyc SILVER, Rego Park, New York
6 articles 0 photos 133 comments

Favorite Quote:
You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - Dr. Seuss

Really? So then we MUST have s.ex with the opposite gender before classifying ourselves as h.eterosexual, too. God forbid that we're sure who we're attracted to before we have s.ex. What are we, a.sexual until then?

ambnyc SILVER said...
on Nov. 8 2011 at 1:45 pm
ambnyc SILVER, Rego Park, New York
6 articles 0 photos 133 comments

Favorite Quote:
You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - Dr. Seuss

I fear for your sanity if you actually believe "God" created the world. And quoting a fictional book doesn't back up your point.

on Nov. 8 2011 at 12:37 pm
Musicalartist, Xxxxx, Other
0 articles 0 photos 144 comments

I think God would be mad at you for accusing people in your post. 

Im Christian too, and i know that God wants us to all be proud of who we are. 

And NOT to tell others who to be.

Very hurtful to me.


on Nov. 5 2011 at 9:06 am
The_Earl_of_Zerces PLATINUM, Waukesha, Wisconsin
36 articles 0 photos 106 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
-Sigmund Freud

Um, I kind of think that one has to have actually had sex with both genders before officially classifying themselves as bi-sexual. Maybe I'm coming off as a puritanical prick, but I don't think that such an activity would be a regular occurence in a teenager's life.

on Nov. 4 2011 at 8:15 am
Poetic_Tears BRONZE, Solon, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"but i have promises to keep, and miles to go before i sleep, and miles to go before i sleep"- robert frost

I AGREE!!!

like seriously, people are SO ignorant now a-days. I'm bi, and my best friend was gay. He felt exactly how you felt, and he ended up taking his life over it last year. he was no different from any other human on the earth. he loved, hated, nedded, wanted, bled, cried, laughed...what makes people who like the same sex any defferent from the rest?

im also a strong beliver in God and even though im bi, i know God loves me. Christians today are more about "praying to heal the homosexuals" rather than "praying for/with them" there's a lesbian couple that go to my church, and we all love them. theyre children of God too.


on Oct. 27 2011 at 7:50 pm
nicole_ashley, Everett, Washington
0 articles 17 photos 3 comments
im straight but i also completely agree with you. also for the religus people doing that, its rude they can worship whatever they want but to sove it down other peoples throghts just beause you dont agree is wrong. i have nothing aginst bis gays or lesbian and i have plenty of friends that are, there is nothing wrong with them theyre exactly like any good person that id want to be friends with.

joeshmoe said...
on Oct. 6 2011 at 10:41 pm
I agree with you.  Having your own beliefs is fine.  But when your belief is something that is discriminatory and hurtful towards others, can you really just tell people to back of because its "your opinion?"  Love is a beautiful thing, and people should be free to love however they choose.  But telling someone they can't love who they choose because it goes against your religion or it is wrong is cruel.  I personally try to be respectful of everyone's beliefs, but if it is an idea that is hurtful towards others, I can not accept it.  This issue is important to me personally as well, because the parents of my two half- brothers are lesbians.  Love should not be restricted because it is a sin or "weird."  arimas,  this coment is not ment to go against you personally, just this comment.  I'm just trying to say what I feel.  Thank you.  

Lletya BRONZE said...
on Sep. 30 2011 at 8:47 pm
Lletya BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
2 articles 1 photo 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
All we ever wanted you to be, is to be yourself! If everyone leaves the show that night feeling better about themselves, then we did our job. Its a social experiment, slash art project. We're trying to change the world and help alot of people. MCR

THANK YOU!  I'm bi, and a lot of people are disgusted, or religious people tell me to go find help, so that God will lead me away from what I'm becoming.  I REFUSE to change, and I think that people who want to make me change need to go away and let me live my life the way I want it.  LGTB FOREVER!

on Sep. 30 2011 at 4:59 pm
FilmNut1138 BRONZE, Baker, Louisiana
2 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today"-James Dean

It depends on what version and translation to the Bible you're reading. The Bible definitely says nothing about murdering your children. Jesus was the guy who even made that "He who throws the first stone" saying. Many translations of the Bible misinterpret various passages, whether it be taken literal or metaphorically.

ambnyc SILVER said...
on Sep. 30 2011 at 3:13 pm
ambnyc SILVER, Rego Park, New York
6 articles 0 photos 133 comments

Favorite Quote:
You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - Dr. Seuss

Also, I would like to point out that the line about h.omosexuality in Leviticus comes literally three lines after "you must stone your children to death for wrongdoing." The Bible also says you can sell your daughters into slavery.

Do you see people doing that nowadays?


ambnyc SILVER said...
on Sep. 30 2011 at 3:09 pm
ambnyc SILVER, Rego Park, New York
6 articles 0 photos 133 comments

Favorite Quote:
You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - Dr. Seuss

I hope you will one day be able to see your own bigotry and instead begin to preach the true Christian values of love for all and acceptingness.

"I like your Christ. I do not like you Christians. You Christians are so unlike your Christ." -Gandhi


ambnyc SILVER said...
on Sep. 30 2011 at 3:07 pm
ambnyc SILVER, Rego Park, New York
6 articles 0 photos 133 comments

Favorite Quote:
You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - Dr. Seuss

Have you heard of the Kinsey scale?

I believe human s.exuality is fluid, and there are very few people who are 100% h.etero or h.omo.

I myself am b.isexual and not confused at all. In fact, I know very well who I like: both boys and girls.