I refuse to waste my time with stupid, meaningless relationships! No offense to those who do. | Teen Ink

I refuse to waste my time with stupid, meaningless relationships! No offense to those who do.

By Manii123 SILVER, West Paterson, New Jersey
Manii123 SILVER, West Paterson, New Jersey

"Our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I feel it." -A Walk To Rememeber

Sometimes I wonder. I wonder if everything always has to end up so morbid. Love, happiness, life...it all ends bad. Love, now that's dangerous. I mean, I've never been in love; I'm only a child, but I've seen what it can do. I've witnessed the magic of it, and the danger of it.

I once herd in a movie that people want to find love because it's the closest thing to magic, but I believe that some people just want to feel whole, and that true love is what they might be missing.

Kids my age get to be reckless, stupid, innocent and irresponsible, but what I don't get, is that they all rush. They through the "L" word around like it's just a suggestion or a stupid word that doesn't mean anything. "OH! I Love my Hubby so much," like, come one! Hubby...what is that? We're kids! We don't have hubbies( husbands)! Why would we want to? We get to be free and love holds you down in so many ways. Love is so powerful, that the word is even powerful.

"Oh babe! I love you so much! we're gonna be together forever!" It makes me sick. What fourteen year old wants to spend the rest of there life with there current partner? I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but most fourteen year old kids don't even stay in a relationship for over a month let alone forever! Also, we're all too selfish anyway, including me.

We get to be selfish. To be in a relationship, you have to put the other person before everyone else...including yourself. That means dedicating all your free time and devoting yourself to your partner. What teenager wants to do that? What teenager ever did do that?

I'm sure they're a few who have, but their future's are so limited. They have to worry about going to college, because they don't want to leave their "hubby" or "wifey" behind, they might not even go to college because they think they'll be together forever, and then a week after rejecting college they brake up and then what? What's in their future then? Working at Walt mart?

Why start something so complicated so early if you have your whole life to experience it, and to experience it right? Relationships are not for kids, and fake relationships are annoying and useless; they have no meaning. I want to go to college, and I want to fall in love, but not anytime soon. I refuse to say, " I love you," when I don't mean it, and I refuse to waste my time with stupid, meaningless relationships.

7Ariel7 BRONZE said...
7Ariel7 BRONZE, Plymouth, Massachusetts

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

i beg to differ. what about  when your choices hurt others. it is better to look ahead at the consequences of your actions. spontanaity is good in the right context, but when it comes to love and relationships you should really think about it before you dive in.

Chitra.I PLATINUM, Dubai, Other

Everything makes sense if you think too much about it.

You kinda remind me of myself.

I used to think like that...until I actually did fall in love.

You're going to think that I sound cheesy and stupid, because that's what I would've thought. But love isn't always about being with the person you love forever.

It's been six months since I came to know that I was actually in love, and there's nobody I've told. I'm just keeping the feeling to myself, enjoying the rollercoaster ride it offers. Sometimes it's a bit too much and it at times I simply break down, but sometimes there is no other way.

What I'm trying to say will probably become an article on its own, but my point is, don't think that love is always that selfish. Often, love goes unrequited for a lot of reasons. I can say that I've made peace with it. But you need to open your heart to the possibility of love, because I'm just sixteen and I don't want the person. I just love them.

Adonis said...
Adonis,

take this however you want it to mean, or dont at all.

In life, you can spend a lot of time weighing the 'good' and the 'bad' of any situation.  When you catch yourself weighing your options more than you are being spontaneous and freewilled then change.

I believe it's always better to do *something* as opposed to nothing at all.

When you wrote, "Don't get caught up with how you look at things just enjoy the experience," what did you mean?

Adonis said...
Adonis,

ok, you can wait till adolescence to begin that whole relationship thing.  It's all learning experience though.  I think you should approach it (when it happens for you naturally) without having too many pre-conceived ideas about what it will be like.

Take my advice which comes from experience, never try and turn something into what it's not, love is a great thing, and it's the ultimate form of selfishness since you claim another person as yours.  Don't get caught up with how you look at things just enjoy the experience.

When it hapens to you of course, xoxbabygirl123, ain't no reason to rush yourself into things. ;)

love life.

I understand and agree completely. I just don't think children should take that risk. Yes, love is worth taking the fall, but not when you're 13. And love can be amazing, but in order for true love to work, you have to be selfless. That means, always putting your mate first. Not because you have to, but just because if you are in love, you would want nothing more than to see your partner happy.

When you fall in love, life get's a little more complicated(in a good and bad way)

Adonis said...
Adonis,

A relationship doesn't occur because suddenly you've found that person and you've fallen in love with them and that's that.

you meet a person who makes you happy.  why the hell wouldn't you want to be around this person, bind your hearts together, and stay like that until you can't anymore?

Love can't occur without risk-taking you have to be willing to take a risk if you want to be happy.  Like you said right in the begining of your post, life will end happiness will end, love will end.  But that doesn't make it bad.  Your experiences are what you carry with you throughout your life and in a good relationship, although their might be bumps along the way, hopefully your positive experiences will outweigh the negative ones... i mean, how else would you want your life to end? 

there's good and bad in this world, you gotta take a risk that it might end badly if you ever want to experience the good.

Adonis said...
Adonis,
so how will you ever know when the 'one' comes by? what experiences will you have to compare them by? do you honestly believe that this person will be perfect and that you will not need previous knowledge about relationships in order to make yours last when 'the one' really walks into your life?

Sliva23 BRONZE said...
Sliva23 BRONZE, Melbourne, Other

Love to faults is always blind, always is to joy inclined. Lawless, winged, and unconfined, and breaks all chains from every mind.

I kinda agree but i disagree also....some girls or boys take it so seriously but some people like it slow and they dont use the L word just after a week.....people are different by there personality but noone can really stop them

on Jun. 21 2010 at 1:55 am
JamieStarr GOLD, Sevierville, Tennessee

o! thats why i love you. :) i love you.

i dont agree with this. because i found a guy ,Rhett Branagin, and i really love him. you see i have always told pepole that if you like some1 tell them and if they like you bak then go out and see if you are soul mates. and me and rhett were a great couple i love him very much. but one day i got bad news that he had to move and that he would never ba able to come back until he was on his own and so we had to break up. it hurt very ba because i loved him so much and i still do a little but i dont regret it one little bit.

dinotrauma said...
on Jun. 17 2010 at 10:33 am
dinotrauma, Curwensville, Pennsylvania

Life is not fair, but life is sweet.

Love is only worth it because it is so hard to find, and to comit to.

Personal choice says you can wait as long as you want. However America laughs at the 40 year virgin, and those who just cant ever find someone... have you watched the new Alice in Wonderland?

Right now we are the little people in a big world. We dont realize the thousands of people out their, because we haven't seen it. We are confined to our small or big towns, our lifes, constanlty orbiting the same people.

Appreciate that you don't have a planned marriage. Personally Im glad that we can make our own choices today.  

I know, I need to work on it.

on Apr. 16 2010 at 11:10 am
snow_monkey BRONZE, Shoreline, Washington
I almost entirely agree.  Actually, you really shouldn't start dating until you're ready to marry.  The point of dating is for marriage.  You shouldn't just go around "testing" boyfriends or girlsfriends.  There's really no point in that.

McLean245 said...
on Apr. 16 2010 at 9:13 am

You've made some great points about young love.  Be sure to check the spelling on those homonyms - heard; their

Keep writing!

tennisislovee34 GOLD, Sterling Heights, Michigan

"Every moment of your life, you're writing. Even in your dreams, you're writing. When you walk the halls in this school you meet various people and you write furiously in your head." -Frank McCourt

what you say is very true. some people meet and truly fall in love at a very young age, and sometimes it works out where they are together in the long run. looking back, i'm not sure what made me say "ruin their future." but commiting at a young age may not be very smart

on Apr. 15 2010 at 11:37 am
ShernayB. DIAMOND, Southfield, Michigan

"Some things will never change"---Tupac

Ahhh, see I understand what you mean now.

on Apr. 15 2010 at 11:36 am
ShernayB. DIAMOND, Southfield, Michigan

"Some things will never change"---Tupac

I do think its rather wrong to commit at such a young age, but teenagers could try to go steady. I don't think it would ruin your future if a couple commits. Its up to them whether they want to do that or not, but I am not sure that it will ruin their futures.

on Apr. 15 2010 at 11:30 am
ShernayB. DIAMOND, Southfield, Michigan

"Some things will never change"---Tupac

Why not wait? Well, like I said, some people like to experience. You could learn; either from bad decisions you made or good ones. It doesn't matter. But you're right, it doesn't hurt to wait.  But at the same time, everyone is not the same.

on Apr. 15 2010 at 6:04 am

I UNDERSTAND THAT SOME ARE REALLY IN LOVE, LIKE YOU FOR INSTANCE, BUT MY POINT IS THAT, ISNT IT HARD? IT IS RELATIVLY HARD TO MAINTAIN A RELATIONSHIP. AND I THINK THAT KIDS/TEENS ARE THROUGHING THEIR FREEDOM AWAY BY EITHER TAKING RELATIONSHIPS SERIOUSLY OR BY HAVING LITTLE PETTY RELATIONSHIPS THAT LAST A DAY. AS KIDS WE GET TO DO STUFF THAT GROWNUPS CAN'T, BUT A RELATIONSHIP HINDERS THOUSE THINGS. SO WHY EVEN BOTHER? WHY NOT WAIT?

on Mar. 25 2010 at 11:38 am
ShernayB. DIAMOND, Southfield, Michigan

"Some things will never change"---Tupac

I have to say that I do not agree with you entirely. I think it is a great experience to learn about love at such a young age, so that we know what we're looking for in the future, when we are older.

People my age, I am 15, do find people they love, so you can not really tell anyone or snort or make faces at anyone who says they are in love because they really could be.

Have you talked to your parents, or your friend's parents or any other parents who have said that they have married their high school sweetheart. ?

Of course I understand that relationships at a young age could be pretty helpless and meaningless, but that's depending on the people. I've seen things of that nature.

But I have also seen two people who have been together since they were freshmen in high school, and they are still together, graduating seniors.

All young relationships may not last, depicting on what the relationship is based on. And we all know that one thing that MOST teens want.

But then you have those relationships that are full of trust and loyalty.

I have survived a two year relationship and I love my boyfriend.