In My Community | Teen Ink

In My Community

By CanaBean PLATINUM, Houston, Texas
CanaBean PLATINUM, Houston, Texas

Give a beggar a million dollars and he'll use it for food, but what happens after he's full...

There are already enough environmental issues to deal with in the Brandon, Florida, so it may come to as a surprise when there are many citizens of my apartment complex that do not bother to pick up their trash. Bottle canteens, animal feces, and even candy wrappers lie day in and day out, rotting through the rain like a sink hole in the wilderness with the texture of a puddle of mud. Note the sarcasm that extends, my apartment complex allows owners to keep pets occupied in their homes however, the owners never occupy them selves to cleaning up after them.

Where does mankind get the assumption that we can use the earth as our very own disposable waste basket. Inscrutably worse is to those who must sweep up the mess after wards, exhibit A. Nevertheless, it is tiring to spend endless hours picking up garbage that is entirely not mine. Mother nature has had enough and so have I. Even though the people in my community will continue to do it to get on my nerves.