Fascination of Life | Teen Ink

Fascination of Life

By klgrimison01 BRONZE, Boulder, Colorado
klgrimison01 BRONZE, Boulder, Colorado

To me I find it very interesting to think about the origin and process that the things around us went through in order for me to be here at this point in time. Thinking about the world and what it provides you is an experience that can bring a new look on life. The vast range of things around us that have these incredibly intricate but beautiful backgrounds that are so difficult to understand. Our world has reached a point where scientists, and people think that we have a good understanding of things on Earth, but there is still so much to us that is unknown. The world is filled with these unique products that are each different in respect to one another fall on this long timeline of evolution.

The process of thinking about the things that surround you on this vast planet provides a sense of understanding, and significance as to what each one of us individuals on this planet hold. Each one of us have gotten to this point in our life, not through just receiving it, but instead making a long chain of decisions that have shaped us to be the people that we are today. Choices that allow for the development of someones self should be allowed for everyone because they seem necessary in building a character. At a young age we begin to build a basis for our human activities, and the things that we learn is essential for life, but not who we are as a person. Deeper than the physical shell that we develop. Personality and traits come along to us as we move through life, and we adapt and modify our demeanor to fit into a world that we are just beginning to understand.

Everyone possesses a different range of understandings, or experiences on Earth. I think that this is true for every single person and it’s the result of many different factors. One factor I believe is age. Age gives us an insight as to how much time someone has had to see the world, and the time they’ve had to explore, and discover new things. Older people are given more opportunities to live, and gain knowledge of what truly takes place on Earth, and the beauty it can hold. When you are younger you believe the world is small, and the world has its limits, and you can reach any part of it. When you grow up you begin to realize that the world is so much bigger than you, and it doesn’t stop and start for you, because you are one person in this vast planet. On the more side of nature, and science, I believe that scientists possess one of the most interesting jobs, and focuses ever. Scientists to me hold the greatest understandings, and curiosity there is in the world. Depending on the field of work that they are in, it focuses in on a certain aspect of Earth, and I think I’ve gained this understanding through my parents. My parents are both biochemists, and they specialize in genetic, and pharmaceutical drugs that give people aid, and assistance in living their life with a disease. To me, what’s truly fascinating is their work can benefit, and aid so many people’s lives. Other scientists that focus on the organisms of life have such a strong understanding of the different life that exists on this planet, and how different they can be in appearance. Every single person has an impact on not only the Earth but everyone that lives on it. It’s a continuous chain of influence, and decisions that lead us through a life that is difficult to understand, yet beautiful.

In this day an age something that is becoming quintessential is the use of technology.  It’s forcing many people to adapt into this lifestyle that may be hurting us. It’s turning us into a society that no longer glorifies human interaction, but instead what takes place inside of these devices that bring people happiness. I find it’s developing this era that is stuck into thinking that a piece of technology is what can provide them with happiness, and it affects people’s mindset’s. People are beginning to judge themselves, and their value off of the reaction, and comments that they receive from people online. It’s different for everyone, and that’s what makes it difficult, and such a fine line. Overtime humankind has had this constant desire for progression in technology. I believe that this is completely fine to do, but the consumers need to begin to understand that human interaction, and surrounding yourself with positive models will bring so much more to you than what a screen can. We need to understand that we are all humans on this Earth progressing through life where many of us experience ups, and downs. Some more others, but us being compassionate and respectful to one another is something many should strive to do. We should be loving and kind to one another because we have no idea what someone could be going through, and that in itself should motivate many people to be the best person that they can be. We can’t change the person we are, but we can control the impact we have on others. Completely changing society is something that would be impossible because you can’t contradict how some are rooted, and can’t control the way others act. As people we can begin to try setting aside materialistic things that shouldn’t define us. All of us have so much potential, and nothing should become an interference for that.