Why Can't it be Fair? | Teen Ink

Why Can't it be Fair?

December 8, 2012
By CeCelia32 BRONZE, New York City, New York
CeCelia32 BRONZE, New York City, New York
4 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Nobody had the heart to tell Steve the truth."











- The Bee Thing :)


Some people probably don't want to talk about the fact that there is so much discrimination against people. When someone says the words "qu**r" or "fa***t" I immediately get really upset. No one has the right to call anyone a name for, really, ANY reason but especially not because of their sexual orientation. When people say that homosexual people are "abnormal" or "weird", they are doing EXACTLY what people did when there was so much discrimination against African Americans. Looking back on that now, most people realize how ridiculous that was. This is exactly the same thing. When you deny someone their constitutional right (The 14 Amendment to the United States Constitution), you are going against everything this country was built on.
For the religious people of the world who say that "it goes against MYYYY religion", no offense to you, but what the heck did homosexuals ever do to you? They exist just like you do. If you don't agree with their choices, you don't have to, but you by no means have the right to infringe on their rights as a citizen (also stated in the U.S. Constitution). They have the same rights as everyone else, and that includes getting married and becoming a family. This ALSO means that they have the right to adopt. You don't have to agree with someone, but you DO have to follow up on your promises as the citizens of a country where we all follow the same rules. Everyone knows that every country is corrupt in some way or another, but if we deny some people their constitutional right, what kind of country are we? We have double standards about many things, but this, I think, is the worst.
No one has the right to discriminate against someone, so why can our government do just that?
If some one wants to hurt someone, that is illegal because you are infringing on that person's right to live. When someone wants to get married and they can't because their fiance happens to be the same gender as them... well, there is no reason other than pure stupidity and selfishness behind that, again, my opinion.
If you want to change all of the unnecessary stuff that homosexual people go through to get married, you can. You just have to be the voice for a country that seems to be hoarse.