Anti-Bullying schools? Could there really be such a thing? | Teen Ink

Anti-Bullying schools? Could there really be such a thing?

By Mistraven GOLD, Brookton, Maine
Mistraven GOLD, Brookton, Maine

Divine help me, I'm An Athenian In a school of Spartans!

How many times have I heard that this school, or that school, is bully free? Too many!

I don’t know about other schools miles away, but in my school the problem still remains. This problem is even more in need of solving in my school, since here we go K-12 in all in the same building. Eighth graders teasing first graders, seventh graders putting down kindergardeners, not to mention the ill will and contempt that some of the upper class men have for the freshmen. Where will it end?

One of the major problems is that some of the teachers do not recognize that there is any problem at the school. They say it’s bully free, but that really only extends to name only. Frankly they just brush off any bulling by saying that kids will be kids and say “tough it out” and let it go at that.

Until we can overcome those problems of uncaring school officials the Anti-Bulling measures will be ineffective, at least at my school anyway.

Hippiechick10 SILVER, One Stoplight Town, Connecticut

Those who deny freedom to others , deserve it not for themselves. (Abe Lincoln)

I do agree with your article. However, Teachers and Principals can only go so far as to helping a child deal with bullies.Truthfully, words and " Kind advice" don't help someone achieve being left alone, and Teacher's can't advise arguments or self defense, because then the school would be abrupt chaos. While I agree Teachers should look a little deeper into bullying issues, they certainly can't tell children to end a fight or give someone a well deserved knuckle sandwich. :)