The New Revolution | Teen Ink

The New Revolution

By TrevorMoss1 BRONZE, Pepper Pike, Ohio
TrevorMoss1 BRONZE, Pepper Pike, Ohio

Hybrid cars are part of the new revolution and impact the way we live today. These cars are all around us, even if we don’t know it. Hybrid cars can come in SUV's, trucks, and many more models.  They can greatly affect the way we live and how we live in so many ways.

First, hybrid cars use less gas and oil because they are electric and gas. Because they use less oil and gas, gas prices will go down for people that don’t have hybrid or electric cars. Also, hybrid cars diminish the amount of pollution in our atmosphere. According to “Car Buying Tips” Hybrid cars don’t use as much gas as a normal car, limiting the amount of exhaust and pollution the car releases. Although Hybrid cars are more expensive, the cost will start to equal out because you don’t have to get a lot of gas. Also stated by “Car Buying Tips” because the engine of Hybrid cars uses less gas and more electricity, the engine is proven to be 80% cleaner. As a result of having a clean engine, your car will run better and have a much lower percent of problems involving your car.  Due to the fact that the drivers are not using a lot of gas, the car will have a higher gas mileage, resulting in a better environmental friendly car. Another result of having an electric motor and gas engine is that the car is much more durable. One study showed that “Reports recently tested a 2001 Prius with over 200,000 miles; they found it still performed nearly identically to the 2001 Prius they tested new, and the hybrid battery was working fine.”  Finally, by having a Hybrid car, you will have much less maintenance on the car.  For example, when you stop, your engine will stop. Because of that, your engine will not have to do a lot, resulting in less wear and tear on it.

Clearly, without Hybrid cars, the Earth would be much different. Without Hybrid cars,  our pollution would be worse, there would be more accidents, and people would be much safer.

This piece is about Hybrid Cars