Barack Obama's Inaugural Address | Teen Ink

Barack Obama's Inaugural Address

By Malomar1011 BRONZE, Bedford, New York
Malomar1011 BRONZE, Bedford, New York

Barack Obama's inaugural speech was a very memorable speech because of many different reasons. He related back to many different presidents and past events. He used the main points that are expected in a presidential speech. But most importantly, he presented a speech that really showed America of his plans during his presidency.

First, he said many things related to past presidents, speeches, and events. He talked about the founding fathers and their hopes and plans for this nation, saying 'Our founding fathers ... our found fathers, faced with perils we can scarcely imagine, drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations.' He then explained how we have carried them out. He included a George Washington quote. Washington was the first president and Obama is the first African American president. Also, he talked about ''the kindness to take in a stranger'' which hints to Roosevelt's Good Neighbor Policy. There were also many parts of his speech where he talked about the Civil War and segregation, like when he said 'We have faced'the Civil War and segregation and emerged from'it stronger.' Obama related to past people and events many times in his speech.

Obama used all of the main points expected in an inaugural speech. He talked about the country remaining faithful and the hope that it brought and will bring. He identified the problems, stating '...we are in the midst of crises...' and then going on to explain those problems, and in the process, explaining the causes for those problems. He asks for national commitment by talking about how we must work together to achieve success in conquering our goals. '...for those who seek to advance their aims by inducing terror and slaughtering innocents, we say to you now that our spirit is stronger and cannot be broken; you cannot outlast us, and we will defeat you.' This shows his proposal of solution. He also says 'They will not be met easily or in a short span of time. But know this, America ' they will be met.' To both ask for support and also has hope for the future. He really expands on each of the points of the basic inaugural speech.

What made Barack Obama's inaugural address so memorable is how he reached out to the people. He talked about the past and the many people who fought for America, the present and the problems we are facing, and the hope for a better future. He spoke to each individual person and that is what made his inaugural speech so memorable.

Trump said...
Trump, Santa Cruz, New Mexico
obama is love obama