A right to love. | Teen Ink

A right to love.

By AngelGraham GOLD, Nashville, Tennessee
AngelGraham GOLD, Nashville, Tennessee

death is guaranteed and life is a given so quit living as if you have tomorrow.

Since the beginning of mankind, the aspect of homosexuality has been seen as a immoral act, but in this era it has become a civil rights movement. The right to love movement is a great name for it. Here in the united states so far seventeen states have legalized gay marriage, with ten states having it as a domestic partnership, and twenty-five states having it illegal by their state constitution. The questions that people ask are is it constitutional and is it in God's will. One with the first amendment of the United States Constitutional, which is "suppose to be" our supreme guidelines, stating that we have the freedom of religion, therefore you can't base a law off of one religion when all religion are accepted. So the God's will aspect is not of importance when it comes to directly is Same-Sex Marriage constitutional. Yes! Same-Sex Marriage is constitutional. Section one of the fourteenth Amendment of the United States constitution says,"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." Simply said is equality for all with due process of law before the government can in anyway take our life, liberty, and property. The aspect of having Same-Sex Marriage illegal is based upon the christian religion, which in all legal aspects shouldn't even be in account since all religions are accept and are respected. yes a christian or any other religionist may find gay marriage repulsive since it doesn't adhere to their beliefs but it retrospect you do have religion in which Same-Sex Marriage is fully accepted and allowed take for instance most of the pagan religions. In conclusion the aspect of gay marriage being religiously accept in not of importance when it comes to legalizing it since all religions are accept in the United States of America, but thanks to our constitution as the primary rules for our country and how all other rules are suppose to adhere and work with it, Same-Sex marriage should be fully legalized with no questions asked. we are the home of the brave and liberty let show that we are what we say we are for once will integrity