My Soldier | Teen Ink

My Soldier

December 12, 2013
By Bbygurl98 BRONZE, Traverse City, Michigan
Bbygurl98 BRONZE, Traverse City, Michigan
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Protect her like a daughter, Love her like a wife, Respect her like your mother. ~ Unknown

Imagination is more important than Knowledge. Knowledge is limited, Imagination encircles the world. ~ Albert Einstein


I have a heart. Its been shot and ripped, burned and stabbed. I have been through the unimaginable. Those of you who choose to stay with me, Are the people I hold dear and close. I have made my share of mistakes, Although I regret nothing. They made who I am today, and I'm very proud of myself. I help others when I can, I defend myself when I need to. I protect myself always. The walls I made several years ago are slowly coming down as each of you are hammering and punching, cutting and bombing away the bricks and cement. Each of you are teaching me to Enjoy life, Instead of being afraid of it. To Fight like a soldier. To love, To hope, to pray, to learn, to teach, to be me, To live life. My life has been a roller coaster ride, and here I have found solid ground. Many of you are leaving. To fight for our Country, or to college, or just because. Although, I dislike my family leaving, I know you'll be okay and in my hearts always. I will remember you bringing my walls down, fighting for me or over me. Lol. I will remember the laughs, the cries and the joys we shared. I will remember the love we all deeply shared. Our love will not, and cannot be destroyed or hurt or even damaged. I love each of you in my own way. You will not be forgotten, you will not be buried in memories. You'll be told about to my children and their children. You'll be the soldiers I loved and fought with and for. You are my soldiers and my family. We fight together, we ride together, we die together, we Live within each other, We are friends, sisters, brothers, Family For life. ~ Share with those you believe are by your side til the end, and make sure this is remembered. For this cannot be forgotten. ~With Love, one of your soldiers.


The author's comments:
My good Friend is going into the Marines in the spring. He'll be missed and we're ll praying for him.