Presidential Speech | Teen Ink

Presidential Speech

October 19, 2013
By winny_addams PLATINUM, Menomonie, Wisconsin
winny_addams PLATINUM, Menomonie, Wisconsin
47 articles 0 photos 50 comments

Favorite Quote:
Never judge a book you've never read!


We the people of the United States of America should have every right to have a say in what we do. We are America! Without us America would not exist. We need to have our freedom. It is out right for it is in the Constitution. No one can that away from us. We need a president that is for the people, with the people. We cannot afford to have a president who just wants to stick his/her nose in everything, even if it doesn't involve us. We cannot afford to go to war because our economy is still bad. Most of America are living on the street. It's time we fight, stand up to show the president that we have a voice too. Our voice will be heard for all the hear. All we do is complain but we don't do anything about it. We are the home of the brave, but where is our bravery. Instead we should be called, "the home of the scared cats." We are the land of the free. So let our voices be heard.

President Abraham Lincoln stood up with only his voice and spoke about freeing the slaves. he fought for what he believed in. He fought through the troubles. Same with Martin Luther King Jr. He fought for equal rights. He died fighting but even after he died his voice was still heard. People fought for our freedom knowing they were going to die. They did it anyways! That is what I call bravery! We need to protect our family.

What we don't know about our soldiers? Our soldiers see their friends die horribly. They think about their family. If they get to see them again. They wonder every day if they will survive. It's really hard on our soldiers. Obviously the President only cares about one thing, himself. What about us? We are the people of the United States. It's our home! He doesn't own us! It's time we take our lives back.

We Americans are not deadbeats. Obama has no right to call us that. It's his fault some of us are late on our mortgage. Maybe if he didn't put the government on shutdown people would still have jobs. We need a president that is here to help the people and actually make a difference. We need a president that will take us higher not lower. We need a president that will listen to us. I will be that president!

America is nothing without the people. They are America! They deserve to have a president that will listen and help them. Guide America in the right direction. If you vote for me, I will make that happen. In God we trust! In God we will stand!




P.S. I am not running for president. I am only 20 years old. But as you can see I love my country! It is my home! America forever will be brave and free! You people of America are strong and we deserve a better president! We deserve a better life! We deserve to get our lives back! We deserve a better future!


The author's comments:
One day I will become President and get my home back on the right track.