"Vote The People's Champ" | Teen Ink

"Vote The People's Champ"

By Michaela.Luv BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
Michaela.Luv BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Never Judge A Book By Its Cover.

“And I will do everything that I can as long as I am President of the United States to remind the American people that we are one nation under God, and we may call that God different names but we remain one nation.”-President Obama. President Barack Obama is for the people. He is a president trying to better everyone; Mitt Romney on the other hand is trying to keep the rich rich and the poor in poverty. Barack Obama came into office while the United States had suffered 8 years of struggle, and has made a significant change in the United States and all the citizens in it. Republicans give Obama a hard time, but he did what the government couldn't do before him. Barack Obama is the “People's Champ”! President Barack Obama should be re-elected.

“There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. My job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives." -Mitt Romney. When you are born into a family with money, you don't know the struggles of being poor so you joke about it. You don't care about the well beings of others. You don't care if they have enough money for college or money for food. Mitt Romney is one of the Americans used to living good and was blessed to never have to struggle. He is trying to take away food stamps,health care, and financial aid. What will under privileged families do about food? What if a person becomes ill but can't be seen by the hospital because they don't have the money to afford the bills? What about the young children who dream of going to college, but know they only can get into college with financial aid, what will happen to them?

“I think same sex couples should be able to get married.”- President Barack Obama.

“...when these issues were raised in my state of Massachusetts, I indicated my view, which is I do not favor marriage between people of the same gender.”
- Mitt Romney

Barack Obama is for gay marriage. If the homosexuals vote for Mitt Romney they will be voting for someone who opposes their statuses. Studies show that 4 million of Americans in The United States are homosexuals and all 4 million of them deserve the right to be happy. The homosexual community should vote for the candidate who believes in their status, Barack Obama!

Barack Obama should be re-elected. He is the “People's Champ!” He isn't for any particular group of Americans like Mitt Romney is, Barack Obama is for all Americans. Our economy has grown with him in office. He has helped raise the rate of unemployment throughout the nation. Barack Obama has brought home soldiers and made very good alliances with foreign countries. President Barack Obama has made change and he is capable of much more. Yes we still can, so on November 6, 2012 vote Barack Obama for president of our country!

I was inspired to write this piece from my Honors Literature teacher.

Michaela.Luv BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Never Judge A Book By Its Cover.

Thanks for your opinion,be on the look out for more of my work.

Caesar123 DIAMOND, Union Grove, Wisconsin

"Madness in great ones must not unwatched go" --Claudius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet

I’ve got a few things to say, but if I say it all, we’ll be here all night, so I’ll make it quick:   Our economy has not grown; unfortunately our government has These “good alliances” you talk about are mainly with the Muslim Brotherhood, and other known terrorist/extremist organizations If you listened to Romney at all, you’d know that he doesn’t want to lock gays in a cage and throw away the key, as you suggest   By the way, why would raising the unemployment rate ever be a good thing?