Gender Theory Must Not Be Fully Legalized | Teen Ink

Gender Theory Must Not Be Fully Legalized

May 19, 2021
By Anonymous

“One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman,” major quote from one of the iconic pillars involved in the foundations of gender theory, Simone De Beauvoir (The Second Sex). Gender theory was initialized in 1948 by Simone De Beauvoir and her contemporizes, imminently becoming one of the most mainstream socio-political arguments. The contemporary belief that sex and gender are unconditionally disconnected, and that gender is completely malleable, caused severe legal repercussions. 
Scott Fitzgerald once wrote, “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past,” reminding us that it is senseless for an individual to focus on what is to come if they don’t intimately comprehend the past. In 1975, John Money decided to push Simone De Beauvoir’s ideology to the limits by leading the famous “Twin Experiment.” In this experiment, a male baby underwent Sex reassignment surgery and was raised as a female, habitually being forced to remain in sexual positions with his biological brother to reinforce their sexuality. All of gender theory ties back to this experiment, colleges even glamourizing it, but never condemning the dark history of gender theory, involving child abuse and later on leading to the brothers committing suicide (The Dark History Behind Gender Theory). 
The core of gender theory is the misconception that it is morally, legally, and biologically accurate for gender and sex to be deemed completely unrelated concepts. Although according to the Oxford definition “gender does not depend on biology”, it does not make it logically or morally legitimate. The occasion in which something is accepted legally does not justify the practice on a moral level; for instance, between 1948 to 1996, sterilization of the mentally ill supervened, proving that not every legal practice is justifiable and productive. 
The false premise of sex and gender being defined as “unrelated,” acts as the hypocenter for paradoxes. If gender is not directly correlated to sex, it will therefore loose its purpose, as the word gender would be unnecessary in society (Circular thinking about gender). Gender was first used in Latin languages to refer to masculine and feminine pronouns. Sex and Gender not being synonymous creates a sense of invalidity for the word gender, as no practices would require this term. For instance, bathrooms, sports, and the medical field retain irrelevant the gender you define as and only find importance in sex.  
Believing males and females act differently is only due to indoctrination they have undergone as a child, is ridiculous and ignores evolutionary biology and psychology, along with all imperial data that contradicts this idea (John Doyle). In the hypothetical situation in which a male felt the desire to define himself as a female, he would act in feminine ways in order to express himself, by taking interest activities females typically involve in. In this hypothesis, he would artificially assume the role of a female using the ways females naturally behave because of cognitive phycology. His identity as a woman would be predicated on the fact that biological woman have their own way of behaving. 
The ternion of quarrels surrounding this dysphoria consists primarily around the subjects of sports, bathrooms, and the medical field. Primarily comes sports, currently, there is a legal attempt to apply Title Nine to gender dysphorians. Title Nine was created to generate more opportunities for female athletes. In the MMA, we have already witnessed transgender males compete and it's not pretty, because biological males have more testosterone and a different bone structure and muscular structure developed during puberty (Ben Shapiro, The Transgender Argument). It is noticeable how some in college sports some mediocre male athletes play in female league and dominate. It is comprehendible how some feminists claim they stand up for woman’s rights while simultaneously believing a male can be a female, there are a lot of internal contradictions logically speaking. 
Secondarily, comes the bathroom argument. Bathrooms were idealized in order to “separate spaces for the sexes", meaning that even taking as a given that gender and sex are non-synonymous, gender proves to be irrelevant in the situation. Simply chopping off or sewing on a new body part does not change your sex, just like in sports, the conflict involves the bone and muscle structure developed in puberty. In a hypothetical in which a five-year-old child is in a bathroom with her mom and a transgender suddenly enters, the woman instantaneously feels a threat, is she wrong? I think absolutely not, the same people that are arguing that women are to be afraid of toxic masculinity are arguing that a man can be a woman. 
Thirdly comes the medical field. A Netflix show directed to kids in 2018 was launched promoting transgenderism. The show was lecturing medical professionals to encourage them to treat biological boys like biological girls. In the show, a boy called Baily was hospitalized and demanded to be referred to as a girl. Various subjects in the United States have died due to this nonsense. In Michigan, a morbidly obese biological woman was rushed to the hospital for what she thought was “abdominal cramps”. She informed the doctors that she was a male; thus, she got misdiagnosed, and it was soon after found out the "abdominal cramps” were in reality a miscarriage (Netflix Goes Crazy). 
The objective violation of one’s freedom of speech is conspicuous. The fundamental idea of forcing any individual to manipulate basic terms of the English language to flatter one’s subjective sense of self is ridiculous, and a determent to a free society. Unless a community shares common definition of words, no conversations can be constructed. If one states he is a transgender woman but a biological male, we are on the same page, but if the subject now says that he is a woman and demands for others to use the same pronouns to address him and his mother, the previously respectable statement turns into a silly demand, as he and his mother are not mildly similar.  
The transgender suicide rate is of 42 percent according to the Anderson school USLA. The overall suicide rate in the United States is four percent, which is a linear increase of 38 percent in relation to transgender individuals. The belief that this is only due to people ridiculing them is an insult to society. In addition, statistically bullying does not have a great direct correlation with suicide; in fact, the black community on average is victim to substantially more bullying and yet has a suicide rate one third lower compared to white and Latino individuals, proving that suicidality has a larger connect to social class. 
Some believe that it is disrespectful not to use the pronouns that one demands, it is equally disrespectful to demand somebody to live in a spectrum that has not been agreed to. In the UK and Canada, multiple people have been arrested and diverse businesses have been boycotted due to the practice of “misgendering.” As an example, C16 in Canada, various comedians have been put in for human rights tribunals (Micheal Knowles). Punishing individuals for a social standard that has not been commonly agreed to, and that flies in the face of biology, is nonsense and a complete and utter disrespect to the victims of these court cases, especially acknowledging the fact that these genders and pronouns are being invented by the day. 
The biggest issue, in my visionary line of thought, is that it is fundamentally wrong for someone to throw a governmental gun on anyone’s face and threaten them to be thrown in jail if they refuse to pretend that a biological male is a woman. 


The author's comments:

With mainstream media pushing identity politics more and more and convincing the general public to normalize gender theory, conservative voices are being censored and accused of transphobia and hate speech. This essay lays out motivations for which I, together with conservatives like me believe "Gender Theory Must Not Be Fully Legalized"