Hey, You! Your Voice Matters! | Teen Ink

Hey, You! Your Voice Matters!

By Dani_Higareda PLATINUM, Hanahan, South Carolina
Dani_Higareda PLATINUM, Hanahan, South Carolina

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
- Winnie the Pooh

Hey, you! Your voice matters! The United States is a democratic nation where each person's voice is their say in the government. Take full advantage of that because being able to speak means so much. In other countries, people are not allowed to speak their opinions, and that is why their nation does not prevail. The U.S is where you can be you. If you disagree with something that a politician says or does, by all means, speak! Write articles, speak out on social media, don't be egotistical- social media isn't only for your absurd selfies; it can be used to make a change. No changes will be made if you don't speak. Our nation's leaders must learn about the problems that our nation faces. They have the will and ability to change the nation for the better, and you do too. Enough is enough, and the time to act is now before it is too late. There are remedies available, but if no one is willing to say something, then the problems will never be cured. Every day, atrocities occur all over our country, and the government does absolutely nothing about it. Shootings occur to the point where we aren't even astounded of hearing about another shooting anymore. Children are starving to the point where you can see their puny little bones. Immigrants are being rejected from reaching the American dream; the pass to a new and better life. And what can you say about this? You can say so much because your voice matters. So, please, I beg you, speak! Use your voice! Your voice makes a difference in our nation and in the world.

Are you not tired of all the atrocities that occur in the U.S? Become an activist for the future of our nation!