CTE Disease | Teen Ink

CTE Disease

By zac graham BRONZE, Mcdonough, Georgia
zac graham BRONZE, Mcdonough, Georgia

Ronney Jenkins is a thirty-six year old man from Los Angeles, California. Ronney was a kick returner and a running back so he took many blows to the head. Ronney would get many concussions and would get knocked out of games. He only played for four years in the NFL because of his injuries. The injuries he had where mainly to his head and these head injuries started to show symptoms of CTE. Even when Ronney was playing or when he was home he would have mood changes. CTE can only be diagnosed when you’re dead but doctors are certain he has it.The CTE disease is something that has taken the lives of many people. The only way to prevent the disease is to be safe while playing a sport. Proper head gear and equipment need to be worn at all times when competing in contact sports. I recommend athletes to be very careful when playing their sport. Athletes need to protect themselves at all cost. If you do show symptoms of the CTE disease keep ice on your head and see a doctor immediately.

I think this piece is important because people need to know how to prevent this disease and what to do if they get it.