Why Cats Should Be Better Than Dogs  | Teen Ink

Why Cats Should Be Better Than Dogs 

April 11, 2024
By Anonymous

Did you know that cats have better hygiene than dogs? This is just one reason out of hundreds of why cats are better. Despite the fact that dogs are a man’s best friend, cats are everyone's best friend. Even though a lot of people would argue that dogs are better than cats, cats are definitely better. They live longer, are more adaptable, and are affordable.

First reason why cats are better is they live a lot longer. Imagine you bought a dog and just 10-12 years later it dies, well that wouldn't happen with cats since their life times are normally 13-18 years. With cats you don't have to worry about seeing them die early in your life and since cats are calmer than dogs when you're old with your cat you don't have to worry about having to play fetch with it or even walk it, every day you can come home to your beautiful cat and just lay with it. Cats being in your life is way better than a dog if you are a more laid back and non active person. 

Next, cats are very adaptable. So they're great if you're still trying to figure things out with your living arrangement, they get used to where they are after a while if they're somewhere new.Cats are a great choice if you have kids since the cat can get used to them when they're still growing/learning new things. On the other hand cats don't really like car rides but when you get to your location it might take a while but after sometime your cat will be laying on the counter or be walking around like they own the place. And if you live in an apartment this is also good for a cat, cats don't need much. They are quiet beings so if they have somewhere to lay, eat, and go to the bathroom then they are perfectly content.

Another good reason why cats are better is they're cheaper. If you don't want to spend a lot of money on a pet then that's another reason why you should choose a cat. Cats are just amazing if you're on a budget but want a cute pet and dogs tend to rip, bite, and break things when they are young and that would cost you quite a lot of money. Dogs need a lot of stuff to stay content as well like toys, bags to pick up poop, treats, new leashes when they grow up, and new beds. Cats may need some stuff but not as much as dogs do and not to mention your time will be spent with your dog walking it, learning new tricks and a lot more. Cats can also groom themself so it would save you on vet trips.

 Even though people say dogs help a lot more than cats, I think cats help a lot too. Cats may not help with physical things like dogs but cats help with mental stuff. Dogs are more known for being service animals but cats are like service animals just not physical like a dog but if you're depressed you normally don't want a pet that's jumping around or always wanting to go out, you want more of a supporting pet that's just always around if you need it. Cats are calming if you feel sad or even mad, they help and they're sometimes really funny like when they fall off stuff or put their bodies in boxes. If you never wanted to go out for some reason wouldn't you want a pet that's fine with it and just lays with you? Getting a cat is like getting a dog without the physical things that come with owning a dog and if you say that cats aren't lovable they are, your cat just might not like you.

If you were a dog person while reading this did you change your mind? Because I just reminded myself why I love cats so much and my top three reasons are they are adaptable, and more affordable, they also live longer than dogs. Wouldn't you want a cat knowing all this information about them? Or still want a dog?


The author's comments:

i really love cats if you could tell