Playing Games Have Good Effects.    | Teen Ink

Playing Games Have Good Effects.   

June 1, 2021
By holymoly SILVER, Tirana, Other
holymoly SILVER, Tirana, Other
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

   Have you ever played games? Games are fun and interesting. Imagine yourself playing soccer with friends in a bright sunny spring day. What can beat that? Nothing really. Some people think that playing games has many bad effects, but others think that playing games is good and it has many good effects. Games can make children more active, and gamers can make fast analysis and take good decisions.  
   Who thinks that playing games have bad effects? Most of the bad effects that video games cause is blamed on the violence they contain. According to a scientific study, children who play more violent video games are more likely to have increased aggressive thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, and decreased prosocial helping (Anderson & Bushman, 2001). However, there is a lot of debate going on about those excessive game playing makes children violent. On the other hand, many researchers have not found conclusive evidence that violent games make children more violent (“25+ Positive and Negative Effects of Video Games.” Raise Smart Kid).  
On the other hand, playing games have good effects. For example, making fast analysis and taking good decisions. Sometimes the player does this almost every second of the game giving the brain a real workout, and this way the player can be more useful in real-world situation. When the player plays action games, it helps them adjust to the speed of awareness of the situation and the changes in the situation (15 Surprising Benefits of Playing Video Games). For example, in real world, games can be used to train solders or even surgeons, since video games can be used to train the brain to take good decisions (Sutori).  
    Playing game has good effects, because video games can make children more active. “Sports games that involve basketball, tennis, or even skateboarding can lead to children practicing those same skills outdoors, so it makes us healthy” (15 Surprising Benefits of Playing Video Games). Video games can reduce stress. We can have some fun playing games and as a result playing games help reduce our stress. Reducing stress is so great for our health and happiness. I often play “League of Legend” to reduce my stress. It has been very useful so far. Players will have experienced many problems and failures while playing the game. It is helpful in everyday life by learning coping skills based on such experiences and failures (Video Game Play May Provide Learning, Health, Social Benefits, Review Finds.). 
   In conclusion, playing games despite those against them, they still have beneficial effects on those who play. For example, gamers can make fast analysis, because they need to decide right on the spot in a short time, when faced with many choices. It also can train gamers’ brain, and it reduces stress by having fun. Playing games is also one's hobby, so do not just think playing game is too bad.