The Top 5 Reasons To Try Your Best: | Teen Ink

The Top 5 Reasons To Try Your Best:

By Hannah_K. PLATINUM, Scottsdale, Arizona
Hannah_K. PLATINUM, Scottsdale, Arizona

You have probably already been told to try your best over and over again by teachers, coaches, parents, and maybe even friends. There are some very good reasons for doing so, and there's definately more than five.

1. Success- you WILL succeed in whatever it is you are doing whether it is homework, a board game, a championship soccer tournament, or tryouts for a band.
2. Pride- knowing that you did your best is one of best feelings you could have.
3. Approval- everyone wants people to approve of their many activities. It could be your teacher being impressed about your test scores, your counselor suprised about your progress, or your parents "wowed" about your cleaning skills.
4. Requirements- it is important that you try ypur best if you want to pass a test or make it in the team. If you try your best, it is a lot easier to meet the requirements.
5. Ability- you could even suprise yourself! You might not have known you had a certain ability and it's a wonderful thing to know what you have so you are able to use it.

Trying your best is like discovering something new about you. Everyone learns something, you and your peers. Who knows, maybe you could a great influence one day, however, that wouldn't be possible if you never tried your best.

Anonymous said...
I highly disagree with this article because it teaches people, a young audience at that, to be motivated to do one's best to gain the external approval