INFINITY: Part Two | Teen Ink

INFINITY: Part Two

By kingofwriters BRONZE, DeWitt, Michigan
kingofwriters BRONZE, DeWitt, Michigan

"Books are a uniquely portable magic." - Stephen King

I love books, and I love technology, but I don't want to see the latter overwhelm the former. I just think books are meant to be pages you turn, not screens you scroll through.

Summary:

“GEORGE!!!”

It’s coming from right in front of us. Dad is sprawled on the ground in front of us, several thorns wrapped around his body. And they’re tugging at him--pulling him under the ground.

I grab Dad’s hand and struggle with all my might. Dad grits his teeth as I pull as hard as I can. The thorns are stronger--much stronger. Just when I think I can’t do it, Kaylee begins helping me and we struggle to pull Dad away from the evil grip of the thorns.

Unfortunately, it has no effect.

Dad tries as hard as he can, but the thorns prevail. He’s dragged under the ground, pulling us with him. We slide past the thorns and find ourselves plummeting into darkness. I’m so surprised I don’t even cry out. I just croak and listen to Kaylee’s high pitched scream. Then, lights flash around us. We begin speeding up, shooting through the void at high speed. Then, more flashes appear around us, and we’re plummeting through the earth as fast as light. The world turns into a blur, and Kaylee’s screaming fades into nothing as we fall further and further...

Everything goes dark. There’s a long silence. An unbroken silence...

Eric C.

INFINITY: Part Two

CNBono17 SILVER, Rural, South Carolina

Lego ergo sum (Latin—I read, therefore, I am)
The pen is mightier than the sword—unknown
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity—1 Timothy 4:12

Please say you're still working on this one.

kingofwriters BRONZE, DeWitt, Michigan

I probably would, too, trust me

Freckles3 BRONZE, ------------, Ohio

"The universe is not only queerer than we suppose; it is queerer than we can suppose."
~J.B.S. Haldane

Awesome!!!!!! If I were in their situation I'd probably swim off the island and end up back on the island..... And then jump off a cliff and kill myself!

kingofwriters BRONZE, DeWitt, Michigan

It sort of was inspired by Jurassic Park; thanks for commenting!

Odyesseus said...
Seems kind like Jurassic Park.But I like anyway

on Nov. 25 2011 at 9:10 am
LifesIllusion BRONZE, Cicero, Indiana

"Don't let your fears slow you down. Instead, chase them down and beat them."

I'll definitly check it out!

on Nov. 25 2011 at 7:19 am
kingofwriters BRONZE, DeWitt, Michigan

Thanks! And I am continuing this! I've gotta write Infinity: Part Three and then I'll submit it!

By the way, if you haven't read Infinity: Part One yet, it's also in the Thriller/Mystery section!

LifesIllusion BRONZE, Cicero, Indiana

This is a really great start to an amzing story line! If you keep it up, it could be 10 times better though. One thing I thought you could've done better, would have been using descrptive words throughout the story. If I were you I would focus on that. But otherwise, a great story!

on Nov. 21 2011 at 5:01 am
kingofwriters BRONZE, DeWitt, Michigan

Thanks so much! :)

BelleMoi BRONZE, Bel Air, Maryland

I have two personal favorite quotes.

Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game- A Cinderella Story
Passion is passion, it's the excitement that fills the tedious spaces. And it' doesn't matter where it's directed- Dear John

I really love it. The story line is so creative, I just love it. It'll be amazing when you're done with all the novels :)

BluBliss GOLD said...
BluBliss GOLD, New York, New York

Bella's love for Edward was like, "Omg. He's hot. He's mine because he sparkles. Now I'll brood the wholle book while I'm with him."

Again, with part 1 and now this part, I love the plot. it's itneresting, and the tentacle creature was the best. But it would be a more powerful-and longer, which is an important part of a novel- piece if you explained actions in greater detail. propelled- how did it feel to be proppeled through the air? you know, things like that. otherwise, nice job.

kingofwriters BRONZE, DeWitt, Michigan

Need more viewers! O_o

on Nov. 16 2011 at 5:00 am
kingofwriters BRONZE, DeWitt, Michigan

Thanks! I'll try to add the things you mentioned into the story.

By the way, don't forget to rate the story!

Jappyalldayeveryday, Detroit, Michigan

They say that good things take time, but really great things happen in the blink of an eye

This is wonderful :) I really love it and think it will make a great novel one day if you don't give up on it. Of course it's not finished, could use more descriptions (of the forest and island), and more details (where's the mother?), and some romance, but that's all up to you. Either way it's still great and probably the best thing I've read on this site so far. Keep writing!