wolf island | Teen Ink

wolf island

April 10, 2019
By mas20m, Overland Park, Kansas
More by this author
mas20m, Overland Park, Kansas
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments


Well hi, my name is Ty I’m 13 years old. I’m going to my friend's house for a sleepover I’m going with Jack, Danny, and Tyler. When I go over to Tyler's house, I greet his parents and take off to the basement. His basement is so cool, it has 2 Xboxes and 2 PS4s. There are a lot of chips and food. This night Is going to be awesome. We play on the consoles then ate some stuff. But then the next day, we started to think that we all wanted to go on a trip and today we decided to get a job. I got a job at a gas station to get enough money to buy a trip to Hawaii. We have all talked about going for a few months but never had the money. But finally, we had the money. Our parents didn’t come with us because they thought we could handle flying. Besides, I have family in Hawaii. We boarded the plane and we started to fly about 2 hours in, the flight attendant came on and said In a calm voice,

 

“We are going down, call loved ones if needed.”


Everyone was going crazy, of course, but we listen and called our parents. It was about 11:30 P.M. So they didn't answer. We all looked out the window. Just water for miles and miles. When we hit the water, my friends and I held our breath and went under. That night was rough we tried to remember what happened but we all washed up onto an island. Luckily nobody was seriously injured, maybe a few bruises or some scratches. We could all see the plane in the distance. It was resting on a coral reef. It must have washed up on the reef last night. Jack had an idea, “We should go look in the plane for supplies.” We all agreed since all of our phones were left in the planes and are probably broken we have no idea what time it is. When we decided to go to sleep, we got a lot of leaves and made a mat sort of thing and all slept on that. When the next day came, we decided to look on the plane. Nobody wanted to swim that far because it was almost 20 or 30 meters away. So Jack and I went to the plane and got a flashlight, a medical pack, and a pocket knife.


When we got back to land we were so exhausted, but our friends were happy that we got back safe. That night, we heard a plane. It flew right over us but didn't see us. Then a boat came with sailors on. It docked right in front of us but didn't help. “Wake up Ty,” Jack said in a quiet voice. I asked if they saw the plane and sailors but they said “no,” I guess it was just a hallucination. The next night, I see the sailors again. The same thing happens the next night. I need to change something. It's like this island is haunted. We decided to go look through the woods and we see a cave. Inside the cave are English writing and drawings that are very scary. A picture of a half man half wolf thing appeared. He was chasing after somebody. The man in the picture was running. He was so tired, his leg became infected and so did one arm. The words on the wall say “Run faster” and “Stay away” we all knew that we were done for. We needed to get out of this island and fast. We ran back to our camp and we were all shivering. We didn't know if it was cold or we were just plain scared but we knew it wasn't cold we were just scared. The night came and we were going to sleep, but then we heard it. The giant footsteps hit the floor and, hitting again, we were all silent then the steps were gone we looked outside the steps lead to the forest. Jack ran into the forest like he was brainwashed or something we knew he wasn’t that brave.


All night we were waiting for Jack, but he never returned.  2 hours after he left, we heard a scream. It was him! The scream! It was him! That high pitch scream, no offense but kinda like a girl scream. I took off towards that scream. I see Jack, but the more I run towards him, the closer I get the more he disappears. I turn around there. He is now he is all around me. Is the Wolfman is playing mind games or is Jack just trying to make a fool of me? Then it stops. It's quiet and still the wind going through the trees. Then I see Jack again, maybe 5 feet in front of me. The Wolfman is walking in circles around him. Then it happens. the Wolfman bites Jack’s leg and the infection starts. the Wolfman looks at me then says to “run.”


Then they disappear. I need to work fast by morning, or he will definitely be dead. I run back to camp to wake up my friends. They were in deep sleep because they weren't waking up then the wolfman appeared in front of me and said in a deep raspy voice that he made them fall asleep and made them have nightmares so it's just me alone one of my friends in danger and the others getting tortured by there own nightmares.

 

I ran into the woods and found a cave pictures throughout the cave and about 30 feet away from jack was all tied up his leg almost all green but he mumbled something he said in a quiet voice “run” I knew it wasn’t him talking his voice was too deep and raspy almost like the wolfman voice. I walked closer to him and the wolfman was behind him and jumped in front of him Jack was so weak and didn't have much time the sun started to rise outside of the cave the wolfman ran at me I froze it felt like he was running for 10 minutes my fist goes out and hits his stomach I can feel the emptiness of his stomach and the rib cage enclosing around my hand the hair tough almost cutting my hand, my fist comes back to me and the wolfman falls to the floor whimpering I pick up a rock and smash it on his head. I finally killed the wolfman. I quickly untie jack and bring him back to camp but it was to late jacks leg was all green ooze dripping out I ran as fast as I could back to camp and laid him down I opened the med kit and tried to work on his leg. I was no doctor so all I did was but some bandaids on his leg it did nothing jack tried to stand up but fell down and took his last breath and died to the infection from the bite.


After Jack died my friends woke up all scared out of their minds from the nightmares and all sad from jacks death. We all carried Jack into the woods and let him rest there in peace and then we went back to camp. My friends and I all got back to camp and laid down to chill and watch the water.

“Well nice vacation guys,” said Tyler in a sarcastic voice. Nobody laughed it wasn’t that funny knowing we lost our friend. Right as he said that we all saw a boat in the distance we all started to yell and I tried to use my flashlight, this time it wasn’t my imagination this was real the boat and the sailors they helped us and we got home. All of our parents were crying when they saw us were’s jack, jacks mom asked me and my friends gave her a hug and she knew what happened, because why would we just give her a hug and start crying. The next day we all told our story and all the parents bought us a new trip to Hawaii we all starred at each other and said,

“NOPE.”   



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.