That Unnamed Cat | Teen Ink

That Unnamed Cat

By x1x2x3 BRONZE, Eugene, Oregon
x1x2x3 BRONZE, Eugene, Oregon

Keep moving forward

He’d always walk in and out of this house. Sometimes, when the door is closed he’d look up and wonder why the door is closed, but only able to meow. Not too long until he hears a sound of footsteps approaching. He look under the door, he’d see a pair of feet standing in front of the door then the door opens.

He likes to grind his head against their ankles where sometimes would be black or blue cloth covered up. Some days, there weren’t any cloth covering, he likes to rub his back on the left and right shin where there are fewer leg hairs with just the right roughness to make him feel satisfied.  Most of the time, there’s a hand that pats his head while he’s grinding against their legs.

Then when he realized that he didn’t come into this house just to play,  get pats and grind against those shins. He would lick and meow at them when he feels like it’s time to eat. Then they would go inside to get a plate and pour some of the delicious goods with a dark color for him to eat.

________________

There’s a black giant cloud covering a big blue sky today. The unnamed cat is hungry. He comes by the door to see it opened. He went in the house, spots a bright blue plate on a table full of the delicious goods with some ants crawling onto it. Today’s delicious goods aren’t as crunchy and chewy as it used to be, some are kind of gluey which he thinks is disgusting. He ends up eating a little then thinks that he should find some birds or rats around here to eat. They should taste better than the today’s delicious goods.

Where did those feet go? He wonders as he looks around. A door on the left is ajar. He remembers when he went in there sometimes and lay down on a mattress next to who gives him the goods. They usually sleep on a mattress with a blanket and press on some white thing that makes a beep sound then the room gets cooler. That white thing is the best.

He gets inside the room. The lights were off, but it’s not a problem because his eyes can adjust to the darkness pretty easily. Hm… they aren’t on the bed.

Something about today is different. He sees a white fallen chair in the middle of the room. Normally, this white chair would be at the white desk near the door. He went on there once, it’s not that comfortable; sometimes they would come and pick him up and making an X with their hands. Usually, when they sit on that chair, they wouldn’t pay much attention to him because they sit facing a bright square screen on the desk.

Today that white chair is in the middle of the room. Strange. He looks around as if trying to figure why this chair is in the middle of this room. Then he looked up.

Oh. There they are. Floating still on top of the white chair.