ELITE | Teen Ink

ELITE

January 31, 2023
By DARKSPHARE BRONZE, St.paul, Minnesota
More by this author
DARKSPHARE BRONZE, St.paul, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I wrote this in 6th grade, sorry about my grammar but here goes nothing!

"CHAPTER I"

The Train reeked and smelled of urine and vomit. The seats were worn out, the fabric was ripped and the stuffing stuck out.

"Well, Boys... We're almost there in the city. Gather your supplies and get moving!" Said the Officer.

I grabbed my Automatic Rifle which shot 8 anti-tank rounds. I was in an S-6 known as Soldier 6 squadron. I was Lieutenant and the first in command was Bryan. Bryan had a Heavy M-G, Harry was third in command and had an assault Rifle, Jennifer... She had a Grenade launcher with 16 rounds. Sarah was Jennifer's niece and she held the ammo but was armed with an SMG. Last but not least, we have Hayward who always seems to be messing everything up but he had the radio along with a rocket launcher. He also held the land mines and other explosives. We all have heavily armored suits. All of our backup weapons are this: A Pistol that shoots a flare round and regular rounds. We also had a Melee. It was a long Dagger that was serrated and can cut through pure steel like a piece of butter. Our suits are made from the strongest metal called Netherseal. It is 7 times stronger than steel and 40 times lighter but the enemy we are fighting has no worries of dying. They too have Netherseal but the problem is... they're droids. They will run at you without hesitation and they are 4 times smarter than us. Our suits are solar powered which means if we run out of power the sun could power us right back and even the moon could power us with its light. The suits also allow us to survive in space.

"Okay boys, We're here!" Said the Officer.

"Find your squads and get moving!"

Boom! Boooom!! BOOOOM!!!

"Take cover in the buildings." Said Bryan.

"And Amy... find a nice spot for sniping."

"Yes Sir," I said.

I then hurried off to the broken side of the wall. There laid a giant crack large enough for me to poke my rifle through and see through my iron sight. I then spotted one Droid coming to the building and a few hundred meters away from it stood another droid. I breathed in and then fired at the first droid. Crack!!! The Droid landed with a thud. I exhaled and then inhaled another fire. Crack!!! I then repeated this until I was sure there were no more droids.

"Hey, you alright?" said Sarah

"Yeah, thanks Sarah,"I said

"Well, time to eat," Sarah said smiling.

"Okay," I said.

Sarah, Jennifer, and I shared a room while the guys stayed in the other.

"Goodnight guys. Wake me in 20 minutes." Jennifer said.

"Aunt Jennifer? Could we just call you jenn because it's faster? For example, If I was endangered and I had to call your long name. By the time you're there I'm already dead." Said Sarah laughing nervously.

"I guess you can... whatever, I'm going to nap," Jennifer said.

"Alright, Time set," I said.

"Amy?" Sarah said

"Are you interested in Bryan because I sure am..." Sarah said, looking into space.

"Well, I don't really know?" I said

"I mean, yeah he's pretty handsome," I said

Sarah didn't respond.

"Sarah? How old are you?"I asked

"I'm 27 and you?" she said

"I'm 31 and Jenn is 49," I said

"Hey Ladies, How are you all doing?" Hayward said Barging in.

"Good, we're just talking and Jennifer is just taking a nap," I responded.

"Oh...how bout you Ms. Sarah?"Hayward asked

"I'm fine... next time can you knock?"Sarah said sternly.

"Oh, yes I sure will," he said smiling at Sarah looking up and down slowly.

"You three look like gorillas in those suits," he said and then left laughing.

Sarah and I then finished our beans and woke up Jenn.

"Oh geez, It's been 20 minutes already?!" Jennifer said.

"Shhh. Quiet, you need to watch while Sarah and I take a nap now." I said

"Oh fine," Jennifer said with gritted teeth.

In the morning we packed up and went to Bryan and Hayward's room.

"Knock first," I said, reminding Sarah.

Thump thump thump.

"Yeah. Come in." Bryan said.

"So... we're going to be pushing up to the next building which holds supplies such as ammo and weapons. We must move fast. It might just turn into a massacre out there. Here's a map" Bryan said while taking out a piece of paper.

"Amy, we need you up here"

"Sarah, you can take the left wing with Jennifer"

"And Hayward. You can come with me. We will be on the right-wing while Amy takes the center Droids." Bryan said

We then got into positions and would wait until Hayward does the signal which is throwing a rock in front of the building.

Thukump!!!

"Kssshhhhhhhh... wakashincoo?" Said a Droid.

"Kssshhhhhhhh... Imagachick." the other said.

It walked to the rock confused and then figured it out.

"Ksss-"

Crack!!! I shot him in the head and then all of the Droids started firing at the building I was in.

"Don't Fire Your Rocket Hayward! The Building is full of explosives!" Bryan hissed

"Kssshhhhhhhh... Okerterr!" Said one Droid

Thump! Kaboom!!!

"Get down!" Bryan yelled.

And then Hayward laid down next to him.

I then inhaled and fired.

Crack!!! Two of the Droids crumpled to the ground while the other shot a single rocket at me. I slid out and rolled backward but that didn't help me much because the next thing I knew I was hanging at the edge of the building.

I then shot my grappling hook at the building we were raiding. I was then pulled by the hook all the way to the roof of the building. I then heard a hiss or more like a sizzle. Boom!! I was shot from behind with a Rocket. Luckily the explosion missed but it hit right behind me. Groaning, I got up and took my aim at the charging Droid. It then made its arms into a blade but at that same moment, it was shot dead by my pistol. Four shots took it down. I then hurried down the stairs and flanked the rest of the droids that were inside while Bryan, Hayward, Sarah, and Jenn took care of the others. I then opened the doors and found Sarah taking care of the last Droid with her Blade. Bryan then called the headquarters to take the supplies. We took some more ammo and then left a flare there so that the supply squadron could know where the building and supplies were. The next day we had to raid the next building which was better fortified. It was an invaded military base but now we could take it back.

"Amy... try flaking them again."

"Sarah... attack from the center with Jennifer"

"Hayward, take the left while I take the right-wing," Bryan said.

Again we took our positions. I was on top of a building so that I could snipe a few droids and then zipline down to the roof of the military base. This time though instead of rock it was a bomb that was charged. Right, when one Droid went to it Hayward would press down a button which detonated it.

Kaboom!!! Crack!!! Crack! Crack!!! Crack!! I then zipline to the roof and then cut a hole large enough for me to fit through. It was dark but the real problem was... where's the enemy and supplies? I looked out a small hole and saw the droids climbing aboard a ship. Then there were a bunch of other ships coming our way! Operation Rolling Thunder! I then ran through the cement wall and told Bryan and the others what was coming.

"Let's get to those anti-air guns!" Hayward said.

"No! Let's get out of here!"Bryan yelled

Just then a Ship crashed in front of them both. Boom!!!

"Come On!" I yelled

A Droid then arose from the burning flames and fired a grenade launcher round at us. Boom! I was thrown backwards. I looked up and saw other ships crashing into other soldiers and the droids rising from the wreckage of the ships they'd crashed. More and more just kept coming. The droid with the launcher aimed at me and was about to fire until Bryan stabbed it with his blade. Limping Bryan told us that Hayward is dead and that they need to retreat to the other building they took over a few days ago.

"What should we do now?" I asked.

"We need to call air support and the Headquarters." Bryan said.

"But Hayward had the explosives which did not explode and most importantly the Radio?" Sarah said

"Then one of us will have to go out there and that will be me." I said.

"Okay, Fine... if you don't come back in two days then I will go there and grab the stuff and find you." Jennifer and Bryan said at once.

"Sarah you will stay with me though." Jennifer said.

"Why can't I go then?" Sarah asked

"Because I don't wanna lose another niece!" Jennifer hissed

"Alright then, but that means you stay with me." Sarah said sternly

"Alright, fine with me" Jennifer said

"Okay, Bye... see you all in 2 days." I said smiling nervously

"Good luck Amy... Stay safe." Bryan said, smiling.

I then left with 4 cans of food enough for 8 days for emergency along with my rifle, suit, and sidearms. It was a 12 hour walk until I heard explosions in the distance. I then reached where Hayward Died and dragged his body for 24 hours without sleep and then 6 hours more until I reached the building.

"I'm Here!" I yelled

"It's Amy Bryan, you can open the door!" Sarah said.

Thump thump thump!!!

"Hi there Amy" Bryan said "You have the radio?" Bryan asked tiredly.

"Yes, I have the radio, Supplies, and the body." I answered

"Okay, come in." Bryan said again tiredly.

I walked in and saw Jenn lying on the floor sleeping, Sarah watching, Bryan was sleeping too and now I had to stay awake and didn't even sleep for a day and more than a half. I was furious but managed to stay awake for 24 minutes.

"Wake up and watch," I say patiently. "It's been 20 minutes, Sarah and I need to sleep," I said patiently.

"Okay, Jennifer, wake up, it's time to watch," Bryan said.

They both went to their watching areas while Sarah and I flopped to the ground. It has been 40 minutes until I heard Bryan's voice.

"Let's go and Raid the Next building ladies." He announced.

"We don't have all day and tomorrow," Bryan said

We got up and then started walking. It took one whole day non-stop until we reached the third building.

"Oh my holy dear and god!" Bryan yelled as a Giant Droid about 13 feet tall spotted us.

"Get Down!" I yelled as it fired a Rocket at us.

"KKSssssssshhhhhhhhh... Ovvvvvker Theerrrrrr!" Yelled the Giant Droid later known as a Type 84 D.

"We need to move fast," Bryan Whispered.

"Is there a way around?" I asked.

"No, I don't think? We'll cover you while you run for your life to that building and get to the top." Bryan said.

I ran as fast as I could to the buildings. Thoom!!!

"Ahhh!! Uhh" I screamed in agony

I looked behind me and saw that a giant shell flew right behind me. Get up Amy... you can do...this! I thought to myself. I then started again as Bryan, Jenn, and Sarah covered me. A few minutes later I finally made it to the opening of the building. I climbed to the top and took my shots. Inhale, Crack!! Exhale, Inhale, and Crack!!! I repeated this rhythm until all of the droids were down. The last one standing was the Type 84 D. I saw Sarah look up at me and I nodded. She then heaved two grenades at the Droid while I waited until I fired. "One two three..." I whispered under my breath.

Crack!! Boom!!!! The Type 84 D was down. A few seconds later I noticed a Droid behind me crawling. I took my aim but I did not notice the bomb in its hand.

Thoom!!! I was blown backward off of the building. Cla-slink!! I was blown into a concrete wall gasping for air. This is the end... I'm going to die! The thoughts then kept encircling my head, frightened. I felt a stabbing pain in my gut and noticed a piece of steel cut through the armor.

"Nnnn Hhhh" I screamed in pain as I tried to move.

"Amy!" Sarah yelled, "No no no, this is... come on we have to help her Jenn." Sarah demanded.

"Was that an order? Jennifer asked, "Okay I will."

They lifted me while I screamed with agony.

"Give me the needle," Bryan said.

He then cut into the hard Metal and stuck the needle in me... I was fast asleep.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.