Sleep Deprived | Teen Ink

Sleep Deprived

February 18, 2019
By NervousPotato BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
More by this author
NervousPotato BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Fear makes you weak; anger makes you strong."
Irena Sendler


Author's note:

This is a rewrite from another account I had made when I didn't know how to write crap in the 9th grade, so we are doing this again.

The author's comments:

Next chapter will bemore action packed. Promise.

"School starts too early!" My best friend, Josie Rose, groaned. Josie Rose doesn't like to be called by her real name, so I call her Jo.

"I know right." I replied in my usual bout of melancholy since it was still morning.

We were on our way to our school, Welington High. One of the most prestigious in our county. 

As we walked down the sidewalk, our other best friend, Casey Darell, began to walk in step with us. He laughed pointing at me, "Roxy, you're in the 8th grade and apparently can't tie your shoe."

I looked down and realized that my bright pink converse were actually untied. I say actually because Casey usually jokes about my shoes being untied when they never are.

After we talked and laughed for a few more minutes, Casey got pulled away by his popular guy friends, leaving Jo and I to walk up the 7 flights of stairs to get into the school alone. That's right. 7. Flights. Of. Stairs. 654 stairs in total. Those little demons are one of the main reasons why we don't like school.

We proceeded down the hall to our lockers which luckily were right beside each other. Then the bell rang alerting all students to get their butts into class. 

Jo and I's first class was Math. Which is fine with me because math is my favorite subject. Also our teacher, Ms. Gemini, is the nicest teacher of them all. And since it's the second to last week until school is out, she's going to be extra nice.

"Good morning, class." Ms. Gemini said.

"Good morning, Ms. Gemini." The class said back in unison.

"Today, we will be watching a movie called Grease. It was and still is my favorite movie. You can still do other things besides watch the movie just as long as it is not too disruptive. I'm going to turn on the movie, so yeah. Have fun." She explained.

Jo and I were going to talk the whole time because we've already seen Grease a thousand times. We went to go see it when it came back out in theaters for it 40th anniversary. 

After Ms. Gemini's class, everthing other thing went by pretty fast. History class wasn'tmuch fun though, but at least it was my last class.

The bell rang this time alerting all students to go home.

Jo followed me home today because it was Friday. She gets to come over to my house and spend the night on most Fridays, especially at the end of the year. Yet tonight was going to be the best one yet. We watch this reality show on TV called Super Southern Sisters. Tonight, we're hoping that Geoffrey Hersh proposes to Maybel Getty! 

"Hi mom," I said walking into the house, "bye mom." I went up the stairs to my room. Yes, I also have to walk up stairs to get to my room. Stairs hate me.

Jo got up on my bed and pumped her fists into the air, "Alright! Let's put on our PJs and get this party started!"

"My mom is supposed to be ordering us pizza tonight." I said, grabbing my pajamas from my drawer. 

We turned on the TV to watch the show that this whole night was based on. Thirty minutes later, we were shocked. Geoffrey didn't propose to Maybel, he broke up with her. 

After a long night of crying over our fandom's hearbreak, we fell asleep peacefully. Jo had a piece of pizza in her mouth still. I gentley lifted the pizza from her face. I fell asleep finally after that. Time for dreams.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.