Webville | Teen Ink

Webville

By HeraldoThompson SILVER, Sarasota, Florida
HeraldoThompson SILVER, Sarasota, Florida

"I'd rather die while I'm livin' than live while I'm dead."

Summary:

Craig Hall tried to propose to his girlfriend, but was rejected. After the disappointment, he takes drastic steps to try to deal with the shock. He soon has to deal with the consequences of his actions in a strange new world.

While in this strange new world, he learns someone from his past is also there, and decides he need to find that person. He leads himself on a wild goose chase through the world. On his travels, he finds a retired military surgeon that he struggles to trust, but is hopeful for the man's promise of escape from the world.

Gerald T.

Webville

I think since it would be hard to extrapolate on so much detail about Webville through Dave's view at this point, I'll explore that a little more through Karen's viewpoints. What do you think?

Haha no problem. I feel like I'll probably be expanding this thing for years, adding details and lengthening the story. And the spiders feel like they are the protectors of WEBville, so that's how they got their name. Thanks for reading it!

ellwist SILVER said...
ellwist SILVER, Surabaya, Other

"They only let you be this happy when they're preparing to take something from you." -Khaled Hosseini, the Kite Runner.

Good God was this fascinating. While it is good, it could be expanded into a larger and more elaborate story. We didn't really have time to consider who the characters were, how to identify them, and really good characters like Doc and Dave feel rather flat (even though I really loved both of them, and Craig). And the setting is spectacular and has lots of potential, as long as its expanded--are there people other than suicide victims who live there? Who runs the place? Where do people live, how do they eat? Is the place just carrying the people or like, say, Silent Hill, does it have a life of its own? There is so much you can do with this story, and so much you can accomplish, and while its really, really good as it is (I'm being honest its very well written) it can be a lot better. But thats just my opinion, sorry. Anyway, quick question: the Spiders. Why are they called that and what magic did you cast to make me wonder so much about them seriously. Thanks for the read, sorry for the trouble.

Thanks, I'm glad with the way it turned out. Thanks for the advice!

on Apr. 30 2015 at 11:17 am
CNBono17 SILVER, Rural, South Carolina

Lego ergo sum (Latin—I read, therefore, I am)
The pen is mightier than the sword—unknown
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity—1 Timothy 4:12

Nice. It came back bigger and better:) Well done!