Worlds Collide | Teen Ink

Worlds Collide

By PhiliEstrada, Reno, Nevada
PhiliEstrada, Reno, Nevada

"Hand down, Man Down"- Mark johnson

A year and a few months go by and I am get up and walk around the room as I holding my daughter Michelle’s (one year, and three months old) hand as she stands up to walk across the room to Kimberly as we hear a call over the radio for help. I grab my suit and put it on so Kimberly holds Michelle up to my face and Michelle kisses me as she smiles I pull my mask down over my face, and go to the ledge of the railing, in the distance I see a hoard of about 20 zombies running after one man. I climb on the rails of the mansion we are now staying in with Roberta and her son Luke.

Running full speed to where the man is I get attacked by 20 zombies all at once, and as I look up to see that a wolf that is the size of a bear tackle some of them off me as I swing my sword at the rest of them off. Well fighting me and that huge wolf start working together by using each other as weapons against the zombies.

We stop fighting and with bodies lying everywhere around us, and I see it is on my side in all this, so I take my mask off and its tail starts to wag. As it looks at me it starts to turn into this person that says, “I know you what did they do to you.” I start to get a flash back.

I am handcuffing him and taking him to see a judge…

“That’s why you were arrested.” He just smiles and laughs a little as we find a car and get in driving up to the mansion. And he turns into a wolf again, but he changes to the size of a regular dog and he struts in and smiles at the baby and Kimberly. I walk in behind him and say, “I see you have met my new friend Jason.” He turns human and sticks his hand out to the shake Kimberly’s.
Kimberly just looks at him and says, “Thank god you are on our side.” shaking his hand and Michelle walks over to me to give me a hug, so I crouch down so she can. I pick her up, and she giggles with her teeth showing to me as I pick her up.
I hold her and say, “Who is daddy’s little girl?” she points to herself as I smile at her and hug her and she points at Jason and smiles as I hear her little stomach growl. I put her in her play pen and go make us some food and get her something to eat. Jason sits on the couch and watches TV as he starts to smell the food. Jason lets Kimberly know, so Kimberly grabs Michelle from her play pen to bring her to her seat Michelle grabs her spoon off her trey and starts playing with it.
I bring the table and place the bowl in front of Michelle, and she sees it is her favorite. She tries feed herself, but she has trouble and cries with some food all over her face so I grab food to the spoon wipe her face clean and start feeding her. I eat quickly and take Michelle to go take her bath because she is all sticky. Kimberly finishes and takes her plate to the sink so she can do the dishes.
Jason walks over and helps Kimberly with the dishes, and I come out with Michelle wrapped in a towel until get her diaper and pajamas on she yawns with a really tired look in her eyes. I pick her up she is using my arm as a pillow, grab her Sippy cup and her teddy bear as I place her in the crib next to our bed. I come back by myself when I know Michelle is a sleep to Jason in wolf form and Kimberly lying on the couch waiting for me to lay with her.
I quietly sneak over and see Kimberly is asleep and so is Jason so I pick Kimberly up and carry her to our room and place her on the bed. I bring Jason out a blanket and a pillow to sleep with he gets up long enough for me to set the pillow up and cover him up with a blue blanket that I took from the hospital and Roberta comes in and says, “Why is there and animal on the couch?” as I go to get her and her son Jonathon food so they can eat as I look at her.
“That is my friend Jason.” As I hand her the plate and he changes back to a human as she looks at him and I say, “He is a wolf too along as a human.” she takes the plate and I help her to take the plates to the guest house. Jason wakes up and looks at me and grabs the plate to help her with them, and they start to fade in night.
I walk back to my room and sit on my side of the bed as I see that Kimberly is smiling at me and she is awake. She kisses me and says, “I hooked him and Roberta up for him helping me with the dishes.” I just look at her kiss her back, and smile at her, as she lies next to me and cuddle up to me. I finally get to lay down and she covers me up and cuddles with me as I slowly falling asleep in her arms. I wake up to the house smelling like pancakes and Michelle sitting on the bed poking my tummy and she kisses my forehead to wake me up.
Michelle smiles as I pick her up, hugging her and kiss her as Kimberly walks in the room smiling at us both and Michelle gets up and walks to the foot of the bed and she says excitedly, “Mommy, love you.” Kimberly and I smile at Michelle who hugs Kimberly. Kimberly hugs her back with a tear of happiness sliding down her cheeks and I get up hugging them both as we all smile. I look at them and think: “I finally have a family to call my own.” As my stomach growls really loud.
I look at my stomach and say, “I am really hungry.” walking over to the kitchen following the smell of pancakes to the kitchen table. Slowly Jason and Roberta carrying Jonathon in so he can eat breakfast with all of us. Michelle drinks her formula and places one hand on her trey watching Kimberly and I eat our food.
We finish as Roberta gets Jonathon up and in her arms breast feeding him as Jason goes and gets her and him a plate of food and Jason says, “I will be here for you whenever you want me to be.” He wraps his arms around her and kisses her cheek. And she smiles and shakes her head yes that she wants him to stay and he just kisses her as I walk in the room to see the baby has finished eating and I move him so that he won’t get over feed.
Michelle is sitting in the play pen watching old movies and jumping up and down when she sees something she likes as she giggles. Kimberly and I watch her jumping from side to side listen to her giggle as I say, “She is excited about a lot in this movie isn’t she?” Kimberly just shakes her head at me and kisses me and just lays on my chest as Jonathon is a sleep in my arms with a pacifier in his mouth just relaxed as I think to myself: “If only this was before the C.I.A. messed everything up for everyone.”
Kimberly starts to fall asleep on my arm and Kimberly falls asleep in her play pen with her favorite bear in her hand. Jason comes out wand takes Jonathon Carefully to his mother and I lay Kimberly down on the pillow on the chair as I go and look outside at the city that use to be beautiful. I listen carefully to a radio transmission that says, “Infection free Zone in the Hollywood hills. We have food, shelter, and protection.”
I wake Kimberly up and go get Jason and Roberta from the guest house to talk about our choice on to go or not as we keep an eye on the babies play together with a stuffed animal. Jason, Roberta, Kimberly, and I are all gathered in a circle I start to say, “We have a chance to get away from all of this. Only if we cross this city and get to the Hollywood hills.” They look at me dumbfounded as Kimberly scoots over to me and shakes her head to show she votes with me.
Jason stands up and looks at me and says, “You are crazy I agree, but how are we going to do it?”
“We got a car in the garage that we modified just in case of emergencies.” I say in a happy voice. Jason goes out to the guest house to pack stuff for Roberta, Jonathon and himself, and so they can make the long trip to the Hollywood sign. I start pack bags for Michelle, Kimberly, and myself so we can stay safe. I grab my armor and change into it as we go to the car and load it up with all six bags and have the girls wait with the kids in the parking lot till Jason and I say it is safe to follow us toward the hills as Jason changes into a wolf the size of a horse, so I jump on his back like he is a horse.
With my sword in hand we quickly get surrounded by C.I.A men who try to keep us from working together against them like we did the zombies the other day as they close in, and I jump off of his back. Swinging my sword at the men charging us and I stop doing tricks. My sword has a clean cut and the bodies lose their heads as I hear the heads squash against the ground I get really mad and kill about twenty of the agents as Jason kills the other fifteen.
Jason turns back into a human to back me off grabbing both of my biceps shaking me saying, “This is not the real you.” Jason smacks me so that I begin to realize what I had just done to these poor men. As blood drips off the blade of my sword and blood covers half of my visor Jason changes as I look at the bodies all sliced up, gutted, and some I can’t begin to describe.
He turns back into a wolf and I jump on his back again I call the girls and say, “Don’t let the kids see what I have done when you guys drive through.” Jason and I make it about a mile away until we get stopped by a giant that smells like sewer water that came back up through the pipes and sat there. It has one arm completely missing, one arm that looks like it has been chewed up by rats a lot of lower body muscle and missing chunks as bloody water comes out of his wounds.
It opens its mouth and things that look like tentacles and it makes a hissing sound at us, and I pull out my sword and pistol, “Jason go back and make sure the girls and the babies make it through safely.” Jason just shakes his head yes and leaves. I spin my sword in my hand and rip my short off as the monster steps towards me and I get my sword ready. It roars and it hits me and I land on a car’s windshield, as I look up it is getting ready to step on me so I put my sword down and catch the huge foot as it gets right above my head. I send it flying backwards into a huge T.V. screen as the van drives by with Jason is right beside them I wave them by as I grab a piece of the car and I take a running start and jump as it gets out of the screen and I stab it in the eye.
The monster roars covering its eye and I grab my sword off the ground and it runs at me as I jump and I stab it in the head as the body falls I land on a car and totaling it. I call Jason, “Come back and get me it is safe.”
“On my way Reaper.” He answers.
I wait for about ten minutes before I see Jason and I just grab on to his fur I leave my feet and land on his back and ride him like a horse. We pass the girls and it is basically clear without a monster or zombie to distractions us, but there is only one thing that is standing in our way and that is a few vans that is all black and people get out pointing guns at us and they are all wearing vests that say, “C.I.A.” and I just look at Jason with an expression of lets go down with a fight. I draw my sword and Jason gets in a pouncing position as some of them start to rush us and I swing with my sword. One guy has a whip and he catches my hand and I bring him in to me and I kick him in his face and he lets the whip go.
I pick up the whip and chop one of the people in half as the whip wraps around the guy’s neck as he falls forward in to the blade I grab his machine gun and shoot about ten of the agents, and Jason kills about five of them before he gets shoot by the lead agent. The agent gets closer to Jason pointing the gun at his face, and I shoot the gun out of his hand. He just looks at me as I twirl my sword in my hand dripping with the blood of his men and pulls out his night sticks. He takes the first swing and at me and I block his attack, but he kicks me in the ribs I drop my sword as the girls and babies drive by he swings the stick at my head and I catch his arm and hit him in the face with an uppercut and break his nose.
Blood running down his face he runs into my sword as I see him on his knees I spin kick his head off his shoulders and then I look up and realized that I had just killed a man in front of my whole family and they just watched. I go check on Jason with my sword in hand to be ready for any action, and I put my sword in the holster as I pick Jason up on my back and carry him to the back of the car as the girls drive themselves, the babies, and Jason to the new safe house. I hot wire a bike and follow behind them making sure there are no more distractions to our mission to make it to an easier life for all of us especially our little kids to live in a zombie free world… Or at least that is what we are hoping for.

We make it to these giant white gates between the “H” and “O” of the Hollywood sign, and I knock on the door and all we see are a bunch of untouched houses that look as clean as pure snow. We are approached by the leader of the people who says, “Welcome to our little piece of Haven.” As he extends his hand to show that we are allowed to be here. I start to cry as I shake his hand as he points us to the second biggest house on the hill. It turns out that Jason had bleed to death right as we had made it to the gates, so I somehow manage arrange a small funeral for him, and I get changed wearing a black suit and black sun glasses. It turns out that his family have been here this whole time and they had tried to find him before all hell broke loose. The next day we head down to the town hall and we have to register to never leave these grounds.

Kimberly, Roberta, and I sign, but I sign for the babies as the care provider. We all walk back to the house as a normal family and I look up to the sky realizing that we have beaten the odds on this sunny, not a could in the sky, and warm day.