More Precious Than Gold | Teen Ink

More Precious Than Gold

By nemish23 BRONZE, Sydney, Other
nemish23 BRONZE, Sydney, Other

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the most of everything they have."

"Today is life. The only life we're sure of. Make the most of today." -CSI:NY

Summary:

I was happy.
My life was perfect. If you asked my mother, my stepdad or anyone else I know, they would not agree. But me, I was perfectly content.
Yesterday was the best day of my life. My mother was worried sick, but for me, it was epic.
The doctor, too, wouldn’t agree. She’s the one who told me I have leukaemia.
And it’s killing me.
Within the next six months, I’ll be dead.
I’m so happy.
For the last year or so, I’ve been contemplating the different ways to kill myself. I guess I got lucky.
Little did I know, that something was about to change my life in ways I never imagined possible. Something that would prepare me to fight for my life.

nemish23

More Precious Than Gold

nemish23 BRONZE, Sydney, Other

Aw, thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I am sure to post some new stuff soon so keep your eyes open :D

This book is amazing - and the end was so beautiful, I think this is the best one in its catagory that I've read so far! Keep writing!

nemish23 BRONZE, Sydney, Other

I'm glad you liked it! I really liked this book (not to gloat or anything) but it's my favourite of my books and I'm glad you like it!

AndSoItGoes01 SILVER, Reno, Nevada

"The winter I told you icicles are magic, you stole an enormous icicle from my neighbors shingle, and gave it to me as a gift, I kept it in my freezer for seven months. Love isn't always magic, sometimes it's melting." -Andrea Gibson

I loved your story! It's characters made it all the more real and your descriptions of them made a clear picture in my mind. At first I thought that Silver's name would end up being cheesy but it was really unique and well used with that character. :)

The story went along smoothly and i really liked the last words of the story. "Or Silver" very clever on your part... The title of the book was perfect, your chapter titles were pretty good, and overall the story was AMAZING

on Apr. 24 2012 at 10:23 am
Light_Walker SILVER, Lafayette, Indiana

“There comes a time in our lives when we do things that we don’t understand. We confuse ourselves, we might even logically oppose our impulses and yet we act on them anyway... There are some things that we feel that we absolutely must do. We might know that they are wrong, or pointless, or gravely punishable, and yet we do them anyway. These actions are not born of anger or emotion – we are perfectly sober. It’s rather inexplicable. When the time comes, we can’t stop ourselves and so we cannot blame ourselves.” -Umasi, Truancy

Thank you! I started out on this site just to get my poems out there, but now I'm hoping many people will look them over and give me some good advice! :)

nemish23 BRONZE, Sydney, Other

thanks so much! i'm glad someone likes my writing! and is envious of it! :)

the way i came up with it... well i thought a little about the cliche 'boy next door' kind of story and elaborated upon it a bit with the leukaemia thing. i'm not quite sure where i got the leukaemia idea from... maybe the fact i'm a little cancer cautious and my grandfather had just passed (not from cancer).

i promise to check out some of your work sometime!

<3

on Apr. 23 2012 at 9:37 am
Light_Walker SILVER, Lafayette, Indiana

This is better than your other one! I was in tears through most of it. I'm still envious of your style of writing and I hope to see more of your works in the future! If I may, how did you think this plot up, was it just a thought or an experience?