No Ordinary Teens | Teen Ink

No Ordinary Teens

February 20, 2011
By GothicGirlGwyn SILVER, Seminole, Florida
More by this author
GothicGirlGwyn SILVER, Seminole, Florida
5 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you mess with my friends, you mess with me.


“Mother. Why did I have to move here again?” I ask into the airplane phone. I hear my mother sigh over the phone, who is in the one place where I want to be: Paris. “Because, sweetie, it’s for your own good & for your safety,” she said, with sadness, “Look, I don’t want you to leave either but it has to be done for peace.”
I look around the cabin of our private jet. Sebastian, butler, is reading about America across from me with a glass of blood wine in his hand. “But Mother…” I begged, trying not to chip my black nails. “I’m sorry sweetie but until they forgive you for running out on the ceremony, you have to stay there until then,” she interrupted, “I’m sorry honey but I have to go. I love you.” My mother hung up, leaving me in the one place where I didn’t want to be.
I sighed & picked at my black & red plaid short skirt. Today, my outfit was a basic for me: a black corset top, short skirt, black fishnet tights, & black heels that make my already pale skin paler. I looked down at my Evanescence watch & opened my window as the sun was setting over the clouds. I touched the pentagram & Celtic knot charms on my necklace, my mind wandering back to my friends & my birthplace.
Soon I felt a little shake, “Ms. Lexington. We’ve arrived in the United States,” Sebastian said, standing beside me. I didn’t realize that I had fallen asleep. I looked on my watch. I had slept for 6 hours which was the entire flight. I yawned & stretched; time for me to check out where I’m going to be living.
I opened the overhead compartment & brought down my Vampire Kisses duffel bag. Sebastian bowed, “I will meet you by the limo, my lady,” he said, then walked down the runway. I opened my bag & brought out my dark sunglasses & black lace parasol. I sighed & followed Sebastian.
I winced at the rising sun & opened my parasol & placed my glasses over my icy blue & violet eyes. I stepped down from the plane & walked over to the sleek midnight black limo. Sebastian helps me in & closes the door. I close my parasol & take off my glasses to the beautiful customized interior of the limo.
I crank up Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin & sat back against the black leather seats, looking out the window as the forest rolled by. I pause the music as I feel my phone buss beside me. “Hello?” I answer. “Ms. Lexington. If you look to your right, you’ll see your new home,” Sebastian said from the passenger seat up front, “Isn’t it lovely?”
I looked out my right window & almost squealed. The home was a mansion! Of course I should have expected it but it was gorgeous to my eyes. We drive though the rusty but sturdy gate & up to the giant doors. Sebastian opens my door with my lace parasol open & ready. I step out & marvel at the beauty that it was. I soon felt eyes peering onto me from the front gates. I turn & stare down whoever was looking at me; it’s some football jocks.
As soon as I turn toward them, they smirk at me & walk off. I turn to Sebastian, “Sebastian, make sure they don’t get onto the property,” I say, walking toward the house, “I feel like something’s gonna happen & they are gonna be the cause of it.” Sebastian bows behind me as I enter the house, “Certainly, Ms. Lexington.” He leaped onto the roof as the doors closed behind me, with the sound of wings saying good-bye to me.
I snicker as I walk up the stairs toward the bedrooms. As I pass each one, I look for one that screams me. Many of the rooms had large four-poster beds, large mirrors with a makeup table, but no windows. Finally, at the end of the hall on the 3rd floor, was a room that I knew was made for me, literally. Inside was an incredible large four-poster bed with black silk curtains that matched the black silky comforter.
There was one very large window with a seat that over looked the yard & the town with black lace curtains. The makeup mirror & table was set up with all of my makeup from Crescendo, Little Bat, & Pale Pastel. Next to the door was a parasol holder that contained my two other black umbrellas. Inside the walk-in closet was every kind of Teen Black, Eternally Lasting, & Crescendo clothing that I could imagine.
I collapsed onto the bed & looked at my Edward Scissorhands alarm clock & sighed; 12:30am. I have only almost 5 hours till I have to go to school, I thought. I heard a small knock on the door & Sebastian entered with a tray of food. “Ms. Lexington, I have your dinner ready for you,” he said, setting it down on the lace covered coffee table. I got up & looked down at the tray.
In a wine glass was Cherry Coke & a juicy looking cheeseburger with hickory bacon. Next to that was a hot plate of fries that Sebastian made himself. I sat down on the black leather couch in front of my tray & sprinkled some salt on my fries. “So,” I said, picking up a fry, “Did you get rid of those boys?” I bit off the end & looked up at Sebastian. He sat down on the couch across from me, “I did, madam. I zapped their memories & brought them back home,” he said.
I nodded, “Good. Now, I need to ask you something else,” I said, taking off my elbow length gloves, “Did mother sent you here to get the house ready for me?” I picked up the cheeseburger & took a bite, my teeth sinking into the medium-rare meat. Sebastian looked up at me, “No, madam. I asked your mother if I could come here a few weeks ago & decorate your room to your liking,” he said, boing his head.
I carefully picked up my glass & let the chilled Coke quench my throat. “Well, thank you Sebastian. I love the room, especially the window that looks over the town,” I said, smiling, “Now I have a place to write my stories & poems.”
Sebastian smiles back at me & gets up, “Well, you’d better get to bed, madam. You have to get up at 6am for your 1st day of school,” he said, starting for the door. “Oh, Sebastian,” he turns, “You did remember to send a note to the school to let me not participate in sports, that I need my parasol, & to only have 3 or 4 periods a day?” I asked, hopeful. Sebastian turned toward me, “Yes of course I did,” he said in the door way.
“Now remember to be ready by 5:40am so I can drive you.” He shut the door, leaving me in my brilliant room. I sighed & walked into my closet. Taking off my heels, I thought about if there were any other Goths that I could become friends with. I slipped on a mid-thigh length silk sleep dress & stepped out of the closet. I crawled into bed & turned off my desk lamp. As I was drifting off to sleep, I didn’t know how my new life would be.

At 5:30am I walked out the front doors wearing a black corset top, a red & black plaid skirt, black fishnet stockings, & over-the-knee stiletto boot; a black parasol in my right hand with a Lady Black purse on my left arm & my long white hair streaming behind me. Sebastian held open my door as I stepped back into the limo I rode in early this morning, Breaking Benjamin blasting through the speakers. We turned out of the driveway & I started seeing kids walking or riding their bikes along both sides of the street. Some turned their heads & stared at the raven black limo passed them blasting music. I chuckled to myself as the song switched to 3 Days Grace but then sighed as I realized we were pulling up to the front steps of the school. I touched up my makeup, put on my sunglasses, & turned off the music as Sebastian came to my door. He opened the door & handed my parasol to me as I stepped out. I looked at the school & tried not to laugh. It was a basic ordinary school with brick walls, gates, & security cameras. Above the door was a banner with the mascot, a black raven. But what almost made me laugh was seeing all of the cheerleaders & jocks that were everywhere. Sebastian walked ahead of me & held the door open to the front office. As I walked through the crowd, they parted like the Red Sea, their thoughts whispering about the newest Goth chick that just climbed out of a limo with butler at her side. My eyes found the jocks from yesterday & I shot them with a look of poison, which they flinched & stepped away. I giggled & walked into the front office, letting the door be my barrier between me & those ‘plastics’. We stopped at the principal’s office & Sebastian knocked on the door. “Come in,” we heard someone gruff from the other side. My butler opened the door & followed me inside. Behind a large power desk was a large man in a neat suit & a mustache that looked like he was wearing a squirrel on his lip. He motioned for us to sit down & we took the two seats in front of him. I was soon staring at a nameplate that read Mr. Alford. He took out a folder from a file cabinet behind him & opened it. “So…” he looked up at me with black beady eyes, “You’re the famous Lilly Lexington I’ve been hearing about is that right?” Sebastian cleared his throat, “Yes. This is Ms. Lexington. I have a list of classes she is required to take,” he hands Mr. Alford a paper, “At the request of Mr. & Mrs. Lexington.” The principal opened a drawer & took out a pair of very small reading glasses. He looked over the paper & typed up something on his computer. “Well, I guess we can make some changes since at her old school she already has all of her graduation requirements.” In the far corner, an enormous expensive looking copy machine whirs & out comes a piece of paper that I assume is my new schedule. Mr. Alford gets up, grunting, & goes to it. The principal looks it over then hands it to me. At the top is my full name: Lillian S. Lexington; my grade level that it’s always been, 11th, & a list of my classes. Mr. Alford sits in his chair as the bell rings for 1st period, “Well, I will let you be late to your classes for just this week. Now go on & get to class.” I grab my Lady Black purse from the floor as Sebastian already beat me to the door & have it open. I step out of the office & look down at my schedule. My 1st class is ok: Guitar 1. I look up at Sebastian, “Well, I better get to class then,” I say, pulling out my black iPod Nano. Sebastian nodded, “I will come pick you up at 2pm. Good day, Ms. Lexington.” He bowed & walked out to the limo. I sighed & looked down at my schedule as the final bell rang for the start of class. As I walked towards the orchestra room, my eyes scanned the hallways, taking in the look of the school. Plain white tiles clashed in with the same color walls with the blue lockers the only color. The doors to the classrooms were the same blue colors as the lockers as I walked past them. “Hey! Goth chick!” I grimaced & turned around, knowing fully well who it was. At the end of the hall were the same jocks from earlier today. Ok, either their skipping class or they were looking for me, I thought to myself. “What is your problem? Why did you come to this town you freak?” asked the blonde jock, who seemed to be the biggest. I smirked to myself. “I think you guys are my problem. I mean come on, stalking me at my house? Don’t you guys have some cheerleader girlfriends you should be f*ing in the bathroom right now?” I said, shooting a look of poison at them. I turned away from them but was held back by my wrist. I turned around & twisted the blonde jocks arm behind his back, “Alright. Let me make this clear: you leave me alone, & you & your friends can keep their arms. You got me?” I hissed into his ear. Tears welling up in his eyes, he nodded. I nudged his in the back with my boots & let go, letting him topple to the ground face first. I combed back my hair & turned away from them, lucky that I have special angel powers. “I’m gonna get you b**ch!! One day you’re gonna pay!” I hear him yell to me. I placed my hand on the door handle & laughed. I stepped outside & let the door shut behind me. Oh this year is gonna be interesting, I thought, feeling my eyes tingle knowing that their glowing. I walked to the orchestra room to the sound of guitars being strummed. There were students in chairs on each level of the floors, which I suppose did that for chorus, band & orchestra. The teacher was helping out a student with large glasses & looked up as I walked in. He said something to the student & walked over to me. “You must be Lilly. Hi. My name is Mr. King & I’ll be your guitar teacher” he said, with confidence. Mr. King was about 25-30 years old with small glasses & midnight black hair. He was wearing a black Skillet t-shirt & black pants so I knew we were gonna get along very well. “Well, your guitar is in the storage room. Your butler dropped it off before he left” he said pointing to a small space at the other side of the room. “Just grab a chair & a stand & sit wherever.” He smiled at me then walked back over to the student he was helping before. I walk up the steps & set my bag down next to the farthest chair from anyone. I climb back down & step into the little storage area. In the farthest back corner, my black guitar case covered with black lace sat. I grabbed it & headed back to my seat. As I walked up the steps, I saw someone in the corner of my eye that caught my attention. All the way on the other side of the room was a boy with hair as black as midnight that it almost took my breath away. His bangs hung seductively in front of his eyes as his finger strummed lightly over the blood red acoustic guitar. The sound suddenly encircles me with comfort & safety. The boy stops playing & looks up at me, sensing my eyes on him. The eyes that stared back at my own were so breathtakingly silver that had to look away from this brilliant boy. After a moment he started playing again & I sighed quietly to myself. Why am I feeling this way about a human? I thought taking out my guitar, Angels aren’t supposed to love humans because we can never produce with them & that we don’t have the same emotion levels. I shook my head & started strumming Broken by Seether, getting lost in the song. As I finished the last chord I started coming back to reality & hearing clapping. I opened my eyes & saw the whole class was on their feet, clapping. Mr. King rushed over, joyous. “Bravo Lilly! Bravo! That has to be one of the hardest songs to play on the guitar. & our very own Link helped you with the other guitar parts,” he said, gesturing his arm next to me. I look over & have to hold myself not to gasp as I see the boy who had made me feel that way earlier. “We need to get you two into the Acoustic Guitar Competition & play that song,” he suggested, a happy grin on his face, “Oh please will you do that?” I looked down at my guitar. How can I do something like that? I’m supposed to keep to the shadows of this school. Not help them win a competition that will probably be on TV & in the papers, I thought, sneaking a look at Link, But I could find out why this boy makes me feel this way & try to keep away from me. I looked back up at my giddy teacher, “Alright. I’ll do it,” I say, sighing inside. Mr. King claps & smiles bigger. “Good! Now Link would you like to work on this with Lilly?” he asked, looking at him. Link sighed & looked at me. I felt my cheek flush as his silver eyes stared into my own then it went away when he faced our teacher. “Alright. I’ll do it,” he said, a small grin on his face. Mr. King clapped his hands together, “Good!!! I’ll make sure the papers will get to your parents,” he rushed into his office as the bell rang. I close up my guitar case & placed it back in the same spot it was in before. As I picked up my purse, I felt someone watching me. Behind me was Link, standing about 6 foot in chains & black clothes. “Look,” he began, running a hand through his hair, “I was wondering that since were doing this guitar thing together were gonna have get together to practice. So could I have your number?” I looked up at him & got out a slip of paper. I wrote down my cell & placed it in his hand. “You can call me either for practices or anything else,” I said, winking at him. I turned for the door, feeling his eyes follow me the entire time. I don’t know why, but I felt like we had a connection & that were somewhat alike.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 8 comments.


on May. 12 2012 at 3:01 am
ClaraRose SILVER, Glasgow, Other
7 articles 0 photos 108 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's not what we are born, but what we grow to be."

"you think that because I am Poor, Obscure, Plain and little, that I am Soulless and Heartless. I have just as much soul as you and full as much heart"

When are you going to write more! Im very interested in what happens :)

on Jan. 19 2012 at 8:59 pm
Stupid computer. Why'd it have to crash now? Oh, and I want a butler! Dang rich people. They get awesome butlers.

on Dec. 19 2011 at 8:54 pm
GothicGirlGwyn SILVER, Seminole, Florida
5 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you mess with my friends, you mess with me.

Thank you all for your comments.  I am very sorry its been a long time since I have posted a new chapter but my laptop crashed & all my work is gone.  So its gonna take a while till the new chapter is put up.  Thank you for youyr patience.

on Dec. 19 2011 at 12:23 am
I loved it! I haven't ever actually met a goth, but I can't seem to stop loving your story! Oh, and, by the way, what is your picture next to your name? It's awesome but really blurry on my dumb computer.

on Sep. 29 2011 at 9:52 pm
DEROSSETT BRONZE, Hampton, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 33 comments

Favorite Quote:
“One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure it’s worth watching.”

“Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today”

oh pleeeeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeeee write more!!!!!!!:);)

on May. 26 2011 at 6:06 pm
GothicGirlGwyn SILVER, Seminole, Florida
5 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you mess with my friends, you mess with me.

well, shes actually an angel of darkness. Link is as well. its hard 4 me to get my chapters done & posted becuz i dont have much time

H.N.L SILVER said...
on May. 26 2011 at 11:11 am
H.N.L SILVER, Streetman, Texas
5 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live life to the fullest

okay im a little cunfused right now. if she is a angel how can she be a goth? just wondering.

but i love this story tough. its really good and keep writing.  


on Feb. 24 2011 at 2:11 pm
rainbowwaffles BRONZE, Stony Brook, New York
2 articles 0 photos 89 comments

This is really great. :) I like how different the main character is, (I don't think you included her first name in this chapter?) but anyway, I'm very excited to read more!

Just a few pieces of advice: Each time a new person speaks, it has to be on a new line. Yould write out "and" instead of "&". Numbers under one hundred should be written out. But those are the only things I really caught... Great job! Keep on writing!

If you have the chance, could you check out my realistic fiction novel, The Formation, and let me know what you think? Thank you :)