Black Hearts | Teen Ink

Black Hearts

By EliandSep, Geelong, Other
EliandSep, Geelong, Other

when it says -sep it means that sep wrote ite and if it says -eli it means eli did.

"FAYTE!" i squeeled as i rushed upto my bestfriend and gave her the biggest hug i could manage.
"wow your hair looks amazing today might i add!"
i always like Fayres here, it was jet black with lime green streaks through it, she had a side fringe also, it was a short style that really suited her i thought.
"Winter heyy and thankyou" Fayte replied looking down at me as i was rather short. "sharing rooms again im so happy!" i exclaimed as i linked arms with Fayte as we headed into the girls dorms and Moonlight Academy.

you see we go to boarding school and school has just started up for the summer, my name is Winter Bow and i am 16 years old, Fayte Burrows we have been friends practically since birth, we have been together always and nothing has ever changed that, infact we are actually step-sister as my father married her mother. me and Fayte have simmilar styles except i wear a little more colour then Fayte.

Fayte and I entered our assigned room, the walls were a deep navy colour that matched the carpet, it was a rather spacious room with two single beds and a small bookshelf on either side and a drawers and a huge cupboard on the far wall, though its a shame the window is so small. Fayte and I started decorating the room, Fayte changeing our bedsheets to black while i pinned my favorite Escape The Fate, which are my favorite band!i also put up a My Chemical Romance poster, Fayte had up her Metallica, Simple Plan and Care Bears On Fire poster up on her side i stuck photos all over my wall mainly of Fayte and I or Luther and I, Luther is boyfriend, we have been together for about a year now, he is honestly the sweetest guy i have ever met, his tall and has jet black hair that covers most of his face and he has the most amazing blue eyes.

i sighed and plopped down ontop of my freshly changed bed covers as Fayte was finishing putting the finishing touches on her side of the room.
"well clothes need to be unpacked next" fate called over as she walked to where out suitcases lay. i groaned and sat up "first day is such a drag!" i whined
"i know i know you say it everytime" Fayte chuckled with a slight smile on her face. I hmph'd and dragged myself over to my many suitcases and started unpacking all my things.

after we had finally finished all our unpacking and our suitcases were stacked neatly under out beds we made out way out into the hall and towards the cafateria as i was starved.
"what should we get? i think they only have light snacks since its not actually any meal times yet" Fayte asked me scanning the front of the room where the food usually was
"pfff ill just have a nice shiny green apple than!" i said as we walked up and grabbed my apple and went to sit down.
"oh look its Luther" Fayte said with a smiling knowing what i was about to do.
"LUTHER!" i yelled as i bounded off towards my boyfriend who was standing in the entryway, as soon as he saw me a smile lit up his face as i ran into a hug. he kissed the top of my head as we stood there hugging.
"Break it up Break it up shouldnt be 'reuniting' whilst people are trying to eat, and anyway didnt you see him like 2 weeks ago?" Fayte said coming up behind us as my face lit up bright red
"shoosh Fayte! 2 weeks is a long time!" i huffed as i dragged Luther over to a table while Fayte followed behind laughing.
i bit into my apple as Fayte sat down opposite Luther and I. "so Luther whats up? what did you do the two weeks you were away from Winter?" Fayte asked casually.
"hmm well nothing really stayed home for the most part, caught up with an old friend though thats about it" Luther replied cooly looking around as if not really paying attention.
"so you pretty much have no life except for Winter then?" Fayte smirked.
"hey he does so!" i piped in leaning over and trying to flick Faytes nose
"im just kidding Wint" Fayte said laughing at my feeble attempts, i looked over at Luther who was just looking at me with a small smile on his face. it wasnt really all the true what Fayte said, Luther does have a fair lot of friends, his just not all that close to any of them. i actually think im the only person he truely opens up and talks to properly, like he hardly talks much infront of even Fayte.
i smiled back up at Luther and snuggled into his side.
"so who was this friend?" Fayte asked
"oh..his name is Fallen we used to be bestfriends in school but we hadnt really seen each other for years so he asked to catch up" he answered quietly
"oh thats cool as id love to meet a childhood friend of yours!" i chirped happily, he smiled down at me
"well i think he is starting here this year so you probably will get to meet him" Luther said. gazing up at the roof as he said so
"awesome!" i said happily as Fayte took my apple and beganing eating it, i began protesting when the school loudseaker came on: "can everybody please report to the auditorium for the standard start of school year assembly"
"uuugh they are always so boriiiiing" i groaned, Fayte just rolled her eyes at me and stood up as did Luther and I, we linked hands and off we went.

after the assembly was over we headed back to the cafarteria as dinner was about to start and they always had the best food on the first day, i lined up and grabbed the piggest slice of pepperoni pizza there and a rather large helping of fries, Luther gave me a look to which i replied
"What?"
"oh just that you said that you needed to be on a diet because you said you gained weight, now dont look at me like that! i didnt say you had gained weight! i dont think you have at all your as skinny as ever its just what you said!" he quickly recovered at the end looking warily at me
"thats still technically calling me fat" i said feeling bad and contemplating putting the fries and getting a salad instead
"calm down Winter you havnt gained weight, infact you look skinner so stop worrying and dont listen to Luther" Fayte smiled and look my arm and led me over to a table, Luther trotted behind trying to catch up with a worried look on his face
"no no thats not what i meant! i was trying to help because you said you wanted to diet, though i did find it odd considering you eat rather alot.. no wait!" Luther stuttered
"are you calling her a pig Luther? that isnt very nice now i think youve upset her" Fayte glared over at Luther as she put her arm around me and said
"there there its okay, you can each as much chips and pizza as you want you will never get fat because your just good that way" she said to me as Luther was freaking out opposite us
"no no Winter im sorry please listen" he pleaded
i looked up giggling
"Fayte that wasnt very nice to joke like that i think Luther was sincerely worried" i laughed as i looked up at Luther who looked extremely releived as he sighed
"please dont do that, you know i didnt mean it that way no need to be so mean" he huffed looking down at his dinner as he began to eat.
"it was just a joke Luthe you know that we meant nothing my by it" i said nicely, he looked sighed and smiled at me "i know i know i should be used to Fayte picking on me by now"

Later after dinner and delicous dessert helping of chocolate mud cake, after i had said my fairwells to Luther when we parted ways to the girls dorm i quickly changed into my nightmare before christmas boxer shorts and a black oversized shirt whilst Fayte got into her oversized black and white striped pajama pants and a darkish grey singlet, i slowly headed towatfs my bed and buried myself beneath the dark colours "goodnight Fayte im pooped i always am after the first day" i yawned
"... all you did was unpack, eat, assembly, eat some more, make out with Luther as a 'fairwell' i can hardly say thats exhausting Wintet" she chuckled as my face went a deep shade of red at her last comment about Luther "shutup you werent meant to be looking!" i retorted
"haha i wasnt i just guessed" she smirked over at me from her bed
"well goodnight Winter"
"goodnight Fayte Sleep well" i yawned and began thinking about the next day and how glad i was that classes didnt start until 2 days away as i slowly drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

I woke up to the sound of Winter's snoring, she looked so cute and innocent when she was sleeping. I climbed out of bed and walked into the hall being careful not to be seen by the hall monitor, Mrs. Dunner. She is absolutely the worst ever, she always wears her pants up around her breasts. I snuck onto the fire escape and climbed up to the roof. I sat on the side of the roof and slipped my cigarettes out of my pant pocket. I heard a noise behind me and nearly fell of the roof. There was the most gorgeous boy behind me. He had jet black hair with electric blue streaks. He was wearing black skinny jeans and no shirt, I was literally drooling.. “Can I help you? Or do you want to try and scare me off the roof again?” I growled “No, I was just wondering if I could have one of those” he said pointing to my smokes. “Meh” I said and handed him the packet. He took one and gave it back to me. “I don’t think I have seen you around here before” I said slowly. “No you wouldn’t have. I only started this year.” He replied. “Mhm what’s your name?” I asked “Oh s*** I forgot, gotta go!” he walked off and I just stared after him. What the hell, I thought, hmm whatever. I better get back before winter wakes up. I climbed back down the fire escape and walked back to the room. I closed the door quietly behind me. I turned around and got a bad shock. Winter was sitting up in bed. “Holy s**t Wint you scared me.” I said smiling “Fayte! Where were you?” she said arching her eyebrows “Umm on the roof?” I said “Doing?” she enquired “Sitting like always.. You know its first day tradition” “True” winter smiled and flopped back onto the bed “There was this really weird guy on the roof” “Creepy weird or hot weird?” “Defiantly hot weird but I don’t know his name I know he is new though” “Hmm interesting” “Shut up and sleep, im still tired” I laid back into my bed and curled up into my soft black doona. My mind was still on the black haired boy; with that final thought my mind went blank into the dream world.

on Apr. 3 2012 at 11:33 am
Zuccini75 BRONZE, Chantilly, Virginia

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder, than telling them yourself."
-Myself

The story is good, like the plot and all, I really liked the idea - but the grammar and spelling mistakes kinda distracted from the story. 

You have talent - but you need Spellcheck!

on Apr. 3 2012 at 2:30 am
nemish23 BRONZE, Sydney, Other

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the most of everything they have."

"Today is life. The only life we're sure of. Make the most of today." -CSI:NY

yeah, hate to sound picky but the grammar really needs some working on. it kinda catches your eye and draws away from the actual story.

but i loved it all the same and you have to keep going!!!

EliandSep said...
on Mar. 8 2011 at 4:08 am
EliandSep, Geelong, Other

why thankyou :)
and yes i have always been rather horrible with grammar, haha
i shall remember what you have said when i post the next chapter, and i shall check out your story :)

thanks - Sep

on Feb. 25 2011 at 8:34 am
rainbowwaffles BRONZE, Stony Brook, New York

I like the story so far. Boarding schools are always cool to read about :) I'm looking forward to reading more.

Please don't take any of this personally, just trying to help: You should always capitalize the beginning of a sentence and put a period at the end. There are a lot of run-on sentences in the first chapter that could be broken into separate sentences. You should also put a comma before an ending quotation mark if following the quote is "he said" or "she said" or "he shouted" etc. Otherwise, use a period before the ending quote.

I'm looking forward to when they form a band. :) I actually have a novel up in the realistic fiction novel section about a band as well, it's called The Formation if you want to check it out.