Old Friends | Teen Ink

Old Friends

April 29, 2019
By Anonymous

Author's note:

This story has very origanal characters and each one of them is different and unique. Iggy is a kind hearted, skinny, grey haired scottish 17 year old. Larry is a 16 year old british catholic who is risky and greedy. Morton an 18 year german who is laid-back and sometimes nervous. Mea is a kinda shy rich chinese 17 year old. Lily, another main character in the story, is a very strong french 17 year old with a corious backstory. Alice, or Ludwig as she likes to be called, which is a...special character. Zack, who is an antagonist, is mean, uncaring, and evily greedy. And there are many more characters.

In the morning at Iggy’s apartment on November 12, 2015, the flowers were blooming and the birds were chirping at people with food and I, Iggy Highson, was not awake yet. I was still in my bed sleeping  with my head just above the covers until [Whrrrr] my alarm went off. I stretched my arm forward to my phone and swiped the screen to turn it off, I stretched my arms over my head to feel them and jumped out of bed to get some toast. “Uhrrr…time for another school day to get picked on.” I said depressingly in my head. As soon as I opened the door I heard another [Whrrrr] on my phone so I walked towards it and saw that it was Larry calling. I answered and said, “Hello… Iggy speaking.” “Hey Iggy,” Larry was saying, “just wanted to wake you up but looks like you did it yourself, so what’s going on with you?” “Nothing, I’m getting breakfast then going to my morning class- wait, don’t you have morning class too?” “...crap, uhh…see ya at school.” [Beep] Larry quickly hanged up. I then got dressed and got everything that I needed for school. I went to the kitchen to get a banana for the trip to school, my older sister Suzy just happened to be in the kitchen making coffee or something, I didn’t really care, “What’s your hurry?” said my older sister Suzy. “Gotta get to school, no time for waiting for bread to burn!” I got out of my apartment and shut the door behind me.


Meanwhile at Larry’s trailer with Larry Trooper, I was getting dressed with one of the four pairs of clothes that I had after I called Iggy on my phone which was close to dying. “I can’t believe I forgot that I had morning classes,” I began talking to myself, “[Struggling] I hate my life, first being poor and now my trailer park home is going to he turned into a flooded waste land.” I then rushed out of my room to leave my trailer until my mother stopped me and said, “Larry, make sure to be back here, we don’t want to be worried about you aging.” “I will mother, love you.” “And Larry.” my father was talking to me in the living room slash dining room, “can you talk to your friend Red about the new summer pool that this uncle is building here.” “Sure thing dad, and tell my older brother Max to apologize for what happened last week.” “Oh yeah, he pushed you into the furnace, i’ll make sure to punish him.” “Thank you, and don’t fake a car crash, fake breaking your back from it, and sue that person.” Me and my father both laughed, “[Laughing] [Serious] I mean it.” I then left the trailer and headed to school.

A while ago at Morton’s house with Morton Sherman, I was still asleep in my bed, I was very comfortable that I didn’t want to get up, “Maybe I’ll get to sleep this time” I said in my sleep, a few seconds later my uncle came into my room, he walked slowly closer to me while I was sleeping to not wake me up, and blew an air horn to wake him up. “[Moaning] Thomas,” I said weary. I then looked at the clock to see what time it was, “it’s six in the morning, I don’t have to go to school until eight” I said lazyly, “Well in the military, people have to wake up early, so i’m getting you prepared for the military. Come downstairs, I got some choirs for you to do.” my uncle then left my room and went downstairs to wait for me. I was getting out of bed still tried, I grabbed the clothes that were on my floor while still sitting up on my bed, “God, soon I have to tell him I don’t want to join the military” I said in my head while I got dressed. I got all dressed and then  jumped out of bed, I then rushed downstairs to go do choirs for my uncle and possibly do training for the military.

Meanwhile at Hayakawa Manor with Mea, I was still sleeping in my bed slightly drooling and looking passed out with the blanket mostly the floor all cramped up. my friends Ludwig and Lily were sleeping on bean bag chairs next to the windows spreaded out like a snow angel, last night Ludwig came over to visit me but then passed out on one of the bean bag chairs, so instead of getting her up, I just let her sleep there for the night. Some wind came through the making Ludwig opened a quarter of her eyes and saw nothing but blurry light coming through the window. Ludwig got up inching her head unit she looked at the time on my digital clock which on my dresser next to my bed, “Oh no, it’s passed eight twenty. Wake up, we’re going to be late!” She said in a whisper and then in shock to both of us. Me and Lily quickly jumped a bit while sitting and laying down, we all got up and got dressed while Ludwig was going downstairs and going outside in a rush for school. She waited outside the manor gate while we were going downstairs to go outside, my parents, my father Barry and my mother Ying, were downstairs in the living room. “Late aging Mea?” My father said while reading the newspaper not surprised, “Good Morning to you as well dad.” I replied back to him, “Barry just doesn’t care for me more by the day.” I thought to myself, “Well, good morning Mea and Lily,” my mother was saying, “Ludwig just rushed outside, you better hurry now.” “Okay mother.” me and Lily countied to walk downstairs to go to school. We caught up with Ludwig and started running to school, to be honest, I don’t even think that we brought any school supplies with us we were rushing so much.

Later in the streets downtown with Iggy, I was on my way to walking on the streets quitely, until suddenly, “Hey Iggy,” I heard someone call out my name from my right side. I looked over to my right and I saw Morton rushing across the street. I didn’t say anything to him until he was all the way across the street to me, “...Top o’ the morning to you lad!” I said to Morton, “[Tired] Hey Iggy [Pant].” “What happened to you Morton?” “My uncle happened to me.” “So a usually...morning then? Dim morning? What cha call that?” “D Day. The d stands for dark, like that day.” “Oh...well then let’s walk to school shall we.” “[Pant] Okay.” me and Morton then continued walking to school, “I can’t wait to get beat up today at school.” I said to Morton to make some small talk on our way to the high school, “Yeah, butthey, maybe you’ll get some good luck today.” “Morton...people call me, you, and Larry...unlucky, unwealthy, and unfamily...i’m unlucky.” “Well hey, who knows if you may or may not have something good happen today.” “Yeah, like a girl hanging out with me, in my dreams.” “Stop looking on the dim said of things, that’s what you tell me, so why don’t you do it.” “...I guess you're right.” me and Morton talked some more on the way to school but nothing to importian.


Later at the Yanderside High School courtyard with Iggy and Morton, Morton and I were walking to the entrance of the school, Morton was checking if he was prepared for school by checking his back pack when we were walking towards the school doors hoping for a different good day, but I knew that today would be the same as yesterday and the day before that, and that, and that, I knew I would get picked on, pushed around, punched, kicked, tripped, slammed, and or smashed. As we were about halfway there to the doors I heard someone yell, “Put me down you Fu*k, BITE MY STRUGGLING WEAK ASS!” I knew only one person that would say that in a sentence, and that person is Larry. I walked toward where I heard Larry say that. There was a large crowd of people surrounding the scene, but luckily there were lots of spaces that weren’t taken up, me and Morton walked into the crowd and saw Larry picked up by the collar of this shirt by Zack Gearson, the king of Yander high school as people call him. I heard that he cut off a students arm once, he’s more of a murderous jerk than a king. I didn’t want to get hurt or possibly killed, but I had to stick up since he’s my friend and nobody else would help a broke boy like Larry.

I walked up to Zack with a brave feeling in myself, “Iggy, get back here.” Morton whispered. I ignored Morton and went further to Zack, “So boy, say that again.” Zack said to Larry, “[Choke] You are a selfish punk.” Larry said, “Zack that’s what I thought. Now, let’s see how much money you have for me.” Zack began digging through all of Larry’s pockets, “No, please, anything but the money, take my.” pushed him hard enough to get to let go of Larry, and he did. “Iggy, who do you think you are?” said Zack with a few devilish giggles and a confused face “A-A kind pers-son, unlike you.” I muttered out, “Listen Kid…[Punch]” he punched me in on the side of my neck and I fell on the solid ground giving me a couple of scratches on my face, Zack then put his foot on my back weighing me down and said, “Learn your place in life, you were born at the bottom, and that…is where you’ll stay, no matter what comes at the bottom with you.” Zack said calmly with a devilish smirk on his face. Zack then lifted his foot off of me and slowly walked away looking at me for a seconds over his shoulder before looking away. Zack went inside the high school, when Zack was in the school, Larry ran over to me and helped me up off of the ground “Iggy, thanks for the help” Larry said to me, “Don’t mention it.” I quickly replied in a depressing voice. Morton then came over as well to see if I was fine, [Ring, Ring, Ring] the school bell rang, “We better hurry Iggy.” “Right with ya.” so then we walked up the stairs into school and went to our lockers.


Later at the Fireball Whisky Shot club room  which of near Iggy’s, Larry’s, and Morton’s lockers, with Red, “Doh, come on Stella.” I was begging to my new girlfriend Stella, “No Red,” Stella said to me, “Do you really think i’m going to fall for that aging?” “Well, yes, because women are like that.” “Oh god.” my twin brother Ryan whispered under his breath about the bad choice I made. [Slap] Stacey slapped me in anger, “I’m done Red, I really am.” Stella was then walking to the exit door, “Wait Stella, we only meet each other a day ago, give me one more chance.” I begged, “...Oh, fine, but just because you said that like that. God why me?” Stella walked out of the room looking bad about her choice. “...Oh right!” I said with excitement as soon Stacey left the room, “Wow Red, how do you do it?” Ryan said to me, “Easy, just lure the prey into the trap that the predator made, and that's me, gigidy. I have to tell Iggy about this.” I then ran out of the room and slide to Iggy at his locker like I was rides a skateboard while saying, “Gigidy, gigidy, gigidy!” I stopped sliding when I got to Iggy, “Let me guess, you got your one hundredth girlfriend slash sex doll.” Iggy quessed, “Oh, come on Iggy, don’t be ridiculous…she’s my eighty seventh.” “Red, your more dirty than british teeth. No offence Larry.” I said to Red and Larry who’s locker just happens to be in between my and Morton’s locker, “Well anyway, I should be heading to class, just like you three hosers, eh.” Red the walked to class as well as Larry and Morton. I was stilling looking and getting my stuff for science class thought.

Minutes later in the courtyard with Mea, me, Ludwig and Lily were running to the front door. Ludwig and Lily made it to the door first and I got in the school about 5 seconds later, when I walked in I just saw Ludwig and Lily walk to the left hallway to there class. I was then on my way to my class which was in the right hallway, I quickly ran to my class, but I guess Zack was near the doors and saw me because I heard him from behind, but I was running in the opposite way of him so he tried to get my attention “Mea, about last night-” “[Panting] Sorry Zack, can’t talk now-” [Bump] I then bumped into someone when I had my head turned. me and the other person both fell, Zack left since he didn’t want to be part of the accident or possibly something like that, “Sorry about that I should be more careful of where I’m going” I said to the person, “No, No, I was in the way-” the person looked up at me and he looked familiar, “Wait, are you Mea,” the man began talking, “Yes, Why?” “Well, uhh… do you remember me?” “No, not really what’s your name?” “Iggy, Iggy Highson.” [Ding] I just remembered, “Wait, Iggy, Iggy Highson?! Is it really you?” “Yes, it is.” he said in shock, “Wow, it’s been 10 years since I saw you!” I said in shock and joy, “Yeah, It’s so great to see you aging! I don’t remember last time we hanged out.” “Yeah, hey, did you want to go to the café after class to talk about the 10 years that we missed together?” “God, why did I say that so quickly?” I said in my head, “Sure, it sounds delightful” “Wait he actually said yes?!” I said in my head aging, “See ya after class Mea.” Iggy said as I was walking away from her to class “You to Iggy.” “Wow he wasn’t shy at all when I asked him that.” I said in my head. So then Iggy and Mea walked to there class classes.

6 hours later after school, Mea was at the H&C Hub & Café waiting in line for a drink, “Uhm.. while I’m waiting in line I should see what I want to drink.” I mumbled to myself, “Next please.” the cashier said, “Oh, Uhm...I’ll take the...espresso- Wait!” when I was ordering poorly, Zack came into the café and walked next to me while also cutting in line. He happen to notice me while I was in line, but I didn’t. I guess he heard me ordering my drink poorly, so he came over and said, “Me and her will take the regular tea, Right Mea?” “Oh yeah, that’s right, yes two teas please.” as the lady behind the counter was preparing our drinks, Zack was talking to me, “So, about last night-” “Zack, please it was little wine spill you made on my white skirt, it’s not like I can’t find them in the mall or something.” “And about that guy I beat up on that night, he was...a pedifile.” “Okay…” “Well, I’m still sorry abou- wait your friends Ludwig and Lily aren't here.” “Yeah, so?” “You only come here with your friends on Tuesdays and it’s a Thursday and there not here.” “Oh, I’m going meet someone here so we can talk.” “Who is it?” “Iggy Highson” “Highson? [Chuckle] Your kidding right? That’s the high schools punching bag you know.” “Well, this is first time meeting each other in 10 years.” “Well, to bad you broke the streak. Everyone either hates and or picks on old Iggy.” “Okay here your drinks” the lady told us. As I was getting my and Zack’s drink, I handed his tea to him and said “Zack, can you be nice to anyone but me? Explicitly Iggy, he was kind then and he’s even kinder now.” “I mean,  when I was leaving school he was helping people in the courtyard.” I whispered in my head “Mea~…your Ms. Perfect, your rich and your beautiful…you deserve WAY better friends than him. Hahahaha.” “Zack, just leave me alone for the day.” I said as kindly as I could. “Okay. But don’t say that I didn’t warn you.” he said in a few seconds, “About what?” “About Iggy, he’s unlucky, skinny, and last but certainly not least...defenseless. Haha, you could kill him in a matter of frights.” Zack walked out with his tea and then Iggy came in the Café not to long after.


As soon as I saw him I said, “Hey Iggy, over here.” “Oh, hi Mea [Step, Step]. Do you mind getting a table while I get my drink?” “Sure Iggy.” I walked over to a square table on the left side of the Café. As I was sitting down at the small table, I was looking at Iggy and was wondering, “Wow, 10 years is a long time to be away from someone, a friend even. His looks changed a lot, not surprised but he’s taller than Zack, and he’s near 19 years old, and he’s what, 17? His grey hair hasn’t change at all- oh here he comes.” “So, what’s been going on these past 10 years of yours?” He said to me as he was sitting down.


“Oh, nothing much, I went on vacation for six month in Las Vegas, and I work part time at Sea Breeze, you probably know that seafood restaurant that’s at the docks, but still nothing much.” “Umm…might have to there this Saturday, I go there so I can think about my story that I’ve been working on.” “What, your making a story, what’s it about?” “I don’t know, I’ve been working on it for 10 years and now is the time to put it into action since I told the reading teacher what I was doing and she thought it was a good Idea to make an assignment out of it.” “I hope you get it done soon.” “Thanks.” it was about 30 minutes later, we were talking about random stuff about our friends and how and what we were doing, I learned that Iggy is in a club, kind of like a club, he says that him and Red Wood, Ryan Wood, Lisa Rose, and Fred Joseph just hang out and talk. Then Iggy asked me a question, “Do you remember the first time we met?” “Ah…no” “Wow I feel like such a friend” I said in my head with shame. “Well, we were about six years old, it was about a week till my birthday, me and my friends were wondering through the woods and we all splitted up. I was walking by myself and I heard someone grunting or something, walked closer to the noises and I saw you sitting on a stump with not that much near it. You had a big cut on your knee, I then came over to help you and bandaged the cut for you. Do you remember that Mea?” “Oh yeah, and then you walked me home afterwards and I thanked you.” “Yep, glad you remembered, now.”


So then we talked some more for another 30 minutes, and we left and said, “Goodbye and see you tomorrow” while I was walking home on the sidewalk, I kept thinking to myself “It was nice seeing him aging, I gotta tell Ludwig and Lily this, they’ll be shocked.” minutes pasted scenic I was walking pretty far, I got home and went to rest in my room after hours wrought of school work, my sister Belle was sitting on the couch in the living room watching TV, she looked over her shoulder as I was going upstairs, “What kept you off your toes an hour ago?” she said to me “Huh?” “You usually come home an hour less, did something happen?” “Oh no, I was just seeing- I mean, hanging out with Iggy, Iggy Highson.” She jumped a bit in a second and replied with, “Highson? The old punching bag is who you hanged out with today.” “He’s not a punching bag, he’s a person.” “I know i’m just kidding, everyone else calls him a punching bag.” “I’m going to rest in my room for a bit, a had a long day at school.” then after a said that I continued to go upstairs and took a rest on my bed in my room. “Okay, and Lily came over an hour ago, she’s in your room.” “Thanks for telling me.”


Later at Iggy’s apartment, I got home quickly and whistling up the stairway and through the 17th floor hallway to where my apartment is, I opened the door and closed from behind whistling up a storm, my sister Suzy was making something in the kitchen as I was putting my school stuff away near the kitchen counter, “What the hell,” Suzy was thinking, “Iggy barely whistles, something great must of happened” “So what made you cheerful Iggy? [Gulping water]” Suzy said to me in confusion, “Oh, I finally got to see Mea after 10 years!” “[Pfft] WHAT, Mea!” “Yep, now I’m going to write my story for a while. [Whistling]” then I went to my room and sat down on my chair to press the power button on my computer at my little work desk I had in front of  the window. While it was loading I thought about what happened today, I was pretty glad I got to she Mea aging after such a long time, I thought if I should text her or not to see a Marvel movie that I bought tickets for tomorrow, I got an extra ticket for free or some reason and I thought I should give it to her. I thought it would be weird asking her out after just seeing her, so I just left it aside for now, just another thought in the back of my head. Not to many minutes later when I was still trying to think of the decision, I heard a noise that came from my phone [Da-Ding] I quickly checked and it was Mea texting me, (I’m free tomorrow if you had something in mind.) she texted me. I texted her back to see if she want to see the movie or not, (Did you want to see a movie, I got a ticket and a free one?)


Later back at Mea’s house in Mea’s bedroom with Lily, I was cleaning and dusting my side of the bedroom and I looked at Mea, she was looking at her phone like she was taking a worrying test, I didn’t want to get into her business, but I couldn’t help myself, “Mea what’s going on?” “Iggy wants to invent me to a movie tomorrow, what should I say?” “...Yes, say yes. I don’t know why you look so worried it’s not like your going on a d- wait...are you?” “No it isn’t like that, were just friends. I’m going to reply back now” (Sure, that sounds good, I haven’t seen one in a while!) “[Sarcastic] Sure it isn’t…I watch Hallmark, think it is” [Beep-Beep] “Oh he replied” (Alright, glad your coming!) I smiled because I said yes and was happy for tomorrow.


In the evening near Larry's neighborhood in the trailer park with Larry, I was walking home on the muddy and rocky trail, I was peacefully walking on the trail until, “Hey, hoser.” I knew only one person who would bother me and speak canadian, Red Wood showed up walking on the trail as well. “Hey Larry, what do you think of a pool where your trailer is, or should I say used to be ha…too soon uh?” “Shut up Red, do you have somewhere else to be sleazy.” “Not until 9 at the end of ladies night, then it will be Red’s night ah ah.” “...You're sick like John Larroquette from Night Court.” “I know I am but what are you, Greedy? “...[Turn]” I turned around and walked away from Red and my soon to be gone trailer thanks to Red and his uncle who is a land spacer wanting a private pool during the summer just wanting to make a buck for other people, seeing that me and the rest of the people that live in this trailer park can’t do anything about it. “Stop debating the inevitable Larry, any idiot can do it.” “Bite my poor aaa Red.”


Later in the evening in the streets with Larry, I was sitting on a bench under nothing but night sky worried about my home and where I and my family were going next. Not to later, I saw someone that looked familiar, he was wearing a hood, so I couldn’t really see him well, but I did notice that hoodie that the person was wearing. It was dark blue with a red mark on it, I only knew would have that kind of hoodie, “H-Hey!” I said awkwardly. He ran as soon as I said that but then before he could barely leave me eyesight, I grabbed his hood bringing it down and I saw it was Morton. “[Surprised] M-Morton what-t the hell are you doing here?” “I-I got in an argument with my uncle.” “What a surprise” I thought in my head “I told him that I was...moving out soon.” “[Pfft] Hahaha, okay now tell me what really happened.” “Ahh…that did happen.” “What?” “I’m 18 now and I shouldn’t have to do the same unnecessary things every day of my life. So I told him I wanted to move out and then he flipped. I think I did the right thing, what do you think Larry.” “Hehe…you want to know what I think? Hehe… you want to know what I think? I’ll tell you what I think, [Inhale] [Grab] YOU ARE THE STUPIDEST PIECE OF SH*T THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN, I WAS GOING TO MOVE INTO YOUR HOUSE, BUT NOW WE'RE BOTH HOMELESS, WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO. “I don’t know, but I’m sure something will turn up.” “Well I hope that it turns on the side of your brain that makes you a dumbass [Mumble].” Morton was pacing back and forth on the sidewalk while I was trying to get my niceness back from laying on a bench, Morton was softly mumbling out about ideas that I mostly ignored, but then he said this “If we knew a friend that would be nice enough to help us.” and then an idea popped inside of my head. I grabbed Morton's arm and ran to where I needed to go, “HEY, WANTS THE BIG IDEA” Morton said to me with confusion and anger, “A good one, trust me.” I replied back to him.

The author's comments:

More chapters coming soon

Morning time at Iggy’s apartment, I was making toast since I woke up early and didn’t have that much to do, while was going to put my jacket on, [Knock, Knock, Knock] I heard someone knocking on my front door, “Umh… who would be at my door at this time of the day.” I wondered to myself. I opened the and I saw it was Larry and Morton at the front of my door, Larry walked in without a care, “Hey Iggy you look great today what a nice place you have here can we stay for one or two months ok I knew we could trust you- wait is that toast in your don’t mind if I do [Crunch]” Larry said before my heart beated, “Uhh…what did you say aging? But this time, say it in english instead of...Gilbert and Sullivan’s I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major-General.” “We [Pant] just want to [Pant] stay here for a while.” Morton said weakly “[Sigh] Fine, i’m kind enough to let you stay here, but we’ll have to talk to my parents about this, they’ll come tonight from there three week vacation. Since I don’t have toast to eat Larry, I’m going to school early.” “Right with ya, right Larry?” “If your talking about lunch I want a taco.” “I’ll…take that as a maybe.” Morton said.


At the Yanderside high school, it was the 4th period and I was at my locker getting my books for my history class, Larry and Morton were thinking to myself, “Just more than halfway there until the school day is over and no casualties from Zack, nothing can stop me now.” “[Yelling] Hey, Highgirl.” I think I heard Zack yell to me across the hall, “[Sorrowful] Speak of the devil.” “Me and my fist want to have a word with you.” “Maybe if I walk fast he’ll stop chasing me.” I thought to myself. I tried to walk fast to the science classroom, but Zack grabbed my shoulder with a furious grip to turn me around and then sucker punched me right in the face, I lost my balance from the punch and landed on the floor, I was trying getting up from the floor, there was blood flowing out of my mouth and was dripping from my chin. My legs were feeling as much pain as my face, maybe even more, I couldn’t get up all the way, “So, I heard that you and Ms. Perfect were out yesterday. Were you trying to fix your life up a little, well, like I told once and i’ll tell you aging, your life is worth nothing now and later, bye Highson hehehehe.” I was breathing heavily from the pain, I couldn’t move an inch, but then I closed my eyes, and replayed in my mind what Zack said me and the past 10 years of torture that he put me through, and then I snapped. I was feeling no pain and got up slowly, Larry and Morton were startiled from a distance, I felt like there was flares of rage burning in my eyes, Zack turned around and saw that I was up, he jumped with surprise, “Well,” Zack said surprised with a few small chuckles, “trying to man up huh, for what? Mea? Well if I were you I’d just give up and give Mea to me.” Zack then put his arm far, preparing for a punch, I quickly put my hand out and grabbed his fist. There was a lot of vibration from his punch thought, “W-W-What, did that just h-happen” Zack Mumbled, “NOT THIS TIME ZACK.” I said with a hated tone of voice. I tossed his arm back to him and then gave a painful punch to Zack’s face. He landed on the floor with a loud thud with his arms out his face looking dazed, “[Heavily Breathing]” “...I-I must-t o-of-f blacked out-t there for a-a sec, wha-a-at h-happened-d?” Zack said on the ground, “...” I stepped away from Zack a few times before going straight to class, “What the hell just happened?” Larry said with extreme shock, “Iggy just single handedly put Zack on the ground.” Morton said to Larry, “...I-I don’t know what made me snap all of a sudden.” I looked down at the floor with a worried look on my face and said to Larry and Morton, “I-I think I need to get this bleeding checked by the nurse.” I then walked to the nurse’s office skipping history class, “I got to tell Ludwig about this” Larry said as I was going downstairs to the nurse’s office.


I walked downstairs to the nurse’s office to see if I have to miss the rest of the day or not, “I think you should go home and get some rest,” the school nurse was talking to me, “you should just wash your face to get all of the blood off. You really took a beating, even though it was one punch, so i’ll tell the principal that you left, aging from another injury.” “Okay, thank you.” I walked out of the nurse’s office and then the school. I went over to the movie theater to wait for Mea whenever she was done with school.


Later downtown, 4:34 P.M. near Ludwig’s apartment with Larry and Morton, “Iggy did what?” both Ludwig and Lily with shock as we told them what Iggy did today, “Yeah, Iggy just punched him onto the ground like nothing, I swear.” “I don’t believe you.” Lily said with no hesitation, “doh, come on.” “Ludwig, did you just to go put all of this stuff in the new apartment.” Lily said to Ludwig, “Yeah, way not?” “[Both] New apartment?” me and Morton questioned, “I got one so I could do my mother a favor. And also my aunt gave me the apartment in her will.” “Can you do us a favor and help us get these boxes to the apartment” Lily suggested, “...Fine...” they both said, “but just because you have a new bedroom Ludwig doesn't mean that I’m going to…ok i’m not going to say this public, but you know want I mean.” said larry, “Damn it, but least your helping with both of us, Mea was a bit busy.” “Say, where is Mea?” Larry was talking, “I mean didn’t know if she would do something like this, but where is she?” “At the cinema with Iggy.” “Oh yeah, Iggy told me that he meet Mea at school yesterday. Uhh…are they da-” “No.” “Yes.” Ludwig said before Lily. “Yes? They just meet after ten years [Mumble].” “No? Have you seen Mea and Iggy, for just childhood friends for about thirteen or so years, I think they would be great [Mumble].” me and Morton were just watch Lily and Ludwig fight over this subject like they were women in the 80’s, “Women, can’t live with them can’t live without them.” Larry whispered to Morton, “I think we should get these boxes to the apartment now.” Larry said in a hurry, “Oh, yeah right.” all four of us began to take the boxes and other belongings into the complex, all the way up to the apartment.


Downtown at the cinema, I was walking to the cinema when school was over hoping to see Iggy in there, [Beep-Beep] (I’m near the entrance so then you can probably see me on your way in) Iggy just texted me “Well would you look at that.” (Ok, am almost there.) I replied back. I entered through the duel doors into the cinema and was trying to look for Iggy over and across the groups of people talking to each other, I couldn’t really pay attention from the noise, “Hey Mea, over to your left.” I heard Iggy say from a distance, looked over to my left and saw him with a bloody grin on his face. I walked over to him, “Iggy! How did you get such a bloody face!?” “Zack did it.” “What, I knew that Zack wasn’t on the nice side that much-” “That much, there is no nice side to him, he has been doing this 8 years straight for no reason. Hey Mea, do you like DC Movies?” “Oh heck yeah, I watch them all the time, I even Ludwig watching them.” “Great, umm did you say Ludwig” “Yes, I’m friends with her, why?” “Oh, well I just remembered something that I did for Ludwig 3 years ago.” “Tell me more.” “Well I just got my tickets for the 9th grade Peter Pan play and I saw someone sitting the floor crying slowly, I said what was wrong and they she said that she got dumped by someone and gave his extra ticket to somebody else, so then I gave my and last ticket to her, I have never seen anybody so happy then when I gave her that ticket.” “aww… that so sweet.” I thought slowly in my head, “You're really… thoughtful and caring Iggy [Blush].” “Glad you think so.” I said to Mea, “Ah, two tickets please.”


While Mea and I were standing in line to get snacks and drinks, we were chatting with each other to waste some time, we got our snacks and drinks and went to the east hallways to get to our movie, but as soon as we were about to go through the door I heard Two people whistling and talking to I think us just a couple of feet away from us, I turned to look who it was and it was Rick Wood and John Dutch, they were like two other versions of Zack but meaner, stronger, drunk more often, and older. I had a scared expression on my face as soon as I saw them,  “Oh no, looks like another blackout for me.” I said sadly in my head, “Lookie here John, the old whimp is here. Eh? I see a damsel that is in no distress, get it, because she’s with Iggy-” “I get it Rick.” “So, what are you two double-doubles up to eh?” they walked up to us slowly with a beer in Rickys hand, “Going to a movie, now I’m not in the mood, I already dealt with Zack today as you can see.” “Yeah… but, it ain’t the same not beating you up, It would feel bad not continuing our 6 year streak of beating the sh*t out of you.” “Yeah, now let’s see if I can knock a loony out of ya.” Ricky slammed his beer bottle on my shoulder as Johnny kicked me to the floor. Mea stepped away a little as I was panting weakly on the floor, I quickly got up with an angry feeling and said “Prepare for pain Rick.” “Haha, you think a toque like you can beat a drunk canadian like me with your skinny. No good. Little-” before he could say his last word I packed all of my strength into one fist and punched Rick right in the stomach “f-fist [whimper],” he land on the floor on his back, “need… two-four… now.” Ricky was limping on the floor as Johnny ran and said “Every man for himself.” “JOHN YOU SON OF A BI*CH COME BACK THERE, YOUR JUST GOING TO LOSE TO A UNLUCKY, WEAK, SKINNY, LITTLE… oh yeah… he is right behind me… huh… all hands on deck i’m going with ya.!” so then they ran out of the cinema, “uhh.. I just snapped aging,” I was saying in my head “I don’t know what is going on all of a sudden.” “Wow, i’ve never seen Iggy like that before,” I said in my head, “I mean, Lily has never told me that he has done something like that.” “[Breathing Heavily] Sorry Mea I-I don’t know what got over me, I guess after years of putting up with them, my rage meter just got filled to the brim.” “...” I thought if I should say something to him or not, “Uhh… did you want to get to our seats?” “gladly…” we got to our seats in time to watch the movie, “so… what was that about back there Iggy?” “I don’t have a clue I can think of.”


Two hours later at Ludwig apartment, I was mumbling on the phone with Mea seeing when she is going to be here, “Me and Iggy are just there, what was the address aging? Mea said, “Q17 at complex 2, got it?” “aha, see you there.” [Beep] Mea hung up “[Bossy] Ok Larry and Morton time for you two slacker to do some work.” [Winey] but Ludwig,” said Larry, “we brought up the TV and the couch stuff.” “yeah, and not only is that the only things that you did, that was 40 minutes ago. So get out or do work.” “Fine, will just watch TV at my new apartment.” “ah, Larry.” “New apartment?” “Yes, my new apartment.” “ah… earth to Larry-” “[Whisper] Shut up Morton” “Can I come one day, just me and you.” “Sure.” “Larry, oh Larry” “Ok.” then I walked out of the room to see how Lily was doing, “Larry are you crazy.” “No but I’m greedy, speaking of which did I have a cash coma just now, because I don’t know what just happened?” “You just invented Ludwig to so what you call “Your” apartment.” “Well, I did take more risky gamble’s than this before so I think I’ll be- [Grab] hey what are you doing.” “[Yelling] see you later Ludwig and Lily.” “[Yelling] Bye.” I closed the door behind us, “Larry, I need teach you how to stay at your limits.”


Downtown near Ludwigs apartment, “Uhmmm… complex 2, oh found it, see you later I suppose.” I said to Iggy, “Ok, bye.” I walked in the lobby and I surprised how Ludwig got an apartment that is in a complex that has a lobby like this, It was big, and kinda fancy, well more fancy than others I seen but still it’s fancy, I took the elevator up to the 17th floor where the Q’s were and then I got out and tried to look for it “Let’s 14, 16, 18, ah 17.” [I knocked on the door and Ludwig opened it, she looked worked out but was acting energetic, “Wow this looks so nice, so where is my room?” “The room nearest to the kitchen that is in the hallway.” “Ok.” I walked into my room and saw that there were still some more things to put into place, as I was just about to organize, I heard something out my window, it sounded like a wooden guitar playing “Must a complex neighbor or something” I opened my window to see that it was a man with a tan rubia hat covering up his face a little while have earbuds in his ears, “Hey neighbor!” I said kinda loudly, “Oh, hello,” the man said, he put his wooden guitar on his desk that I could barely see from my point of view, he put his hand out to shake mine and while I shook his hand, I asked him, “What’s your name?” He looked up and said “Iggy, Iggy High… son” we both stood  in shock.


“Mea!” “Iggy!” “[Both] your my neighbor?!” Ludwig came into the room as heard me and Iggy, “What happened, is there a break in, if there is I better look my best on the news.” “No, it’s just Iggy, he’s my window to window neighbor.” “Huh, Iggy, [Step, Step] hi Iggy [Waving]” “Hey Ludwig.” “Well, I’ll leave you two chatting, I’m going to go to the mall so call me  if you need something.” “Ok.” she left while closing the door behind her, “Well I better place all of this things before I get too lazy to not to.” “Oh did you say something about organizing, is it ok if I could help, I’m really good at it.” “No it’s fine.” “It’s ok, I like to help out a friend.” “Uhm, ok, i’ll just do some stuff while you get over-” “what were you talking about.” I turned around and I saw Iggy, “How did you get over here so fast.” “Well, it’s every easy to get to places when you have long legs to stretch out.” three hours later, “...Ok… I think we're done.” “We are, thanks for the help, this would tooken me more hours to make without you.” I quickly looked at my hand watch, “Oh boy, it’s nine I gotta get going.” “Where?” “The club, Red throwing a party this year and I don’t want to miss it even though nobody there will care if I miss it or not.” “Wait, didn’t you tell me that Red wedgied you three times.” “Yeah, but they know me, I can’t throw a punch, I’ll be back tomorrow, see you later.” “Ok…”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.