MY LOVE WITH A KNIGHT | Teen Ink

MY LOVE WITH A KNIGHT

By blackfoxes215, Stockton, California
blackfoxes215, Stockton, California

stars can't shine without darkness

Author's note: I love the ending because i enjoyed this novel.

My romance with Russel all started on the day of the Star Festival in my country, but I’ll start on the morning of that day.
“Miss Star . . . Miss Star are you still sleeping,” said Mrs. Van after knocking on my door.” Breakfast is ready and you have a busy day today. ”
“Ugh . . . ok Mrs. Van.,” I said while getting up slowly,” Can you bring my breakfast here instead?”

“That will do Miss Star,” She said.
“Thank you,” I said.
Her footsteps trotted down the hall. When the noises of the steps were gone I went to my closet, and chose my favorite pale blue dress and white heels. As I was getting changed I heard a knock on my door.
“Come in.” I said
It was my father, King Nathan.

“Good morning Star.” he said “I have some good news for you.”
“What is it?” I asked.
“You will be shooting the Star Arrow in this year’s festival.” He said proudly yet sternly.
“Yeah I should practice after my studies today!” I said so excited.
“Very well then I am off.” my father said while leaving my room.
After eating my breakfast and getting changed I went to begin my studies in the castle library when I noticed Edwardo reading another book.

“Hey Edwardo!” I said walking towards him “What are you reading?”

“Hey Star. I am reading another mystery book. Why?” he said.

“Just asking.” I said.
“Are you going to study the royal family history and diplomatic stuff again?” he asked.
“Yeah I have to or I can’t be a proper queen for my country.” I said proudly.
“Oh well see you around Star.” He said getting up and walking towards the double doors of the library.
“Ok see you around Edwardo.” I said waving good bye to him.
Then I went to get all the books I needed for my studies and finished studying until early noon. After my studies I go to the castle garden to see my friends Russel, Keith, Roberto, and Edwardo training as usual.
“Hey guys!” I said walking towards them.
“Hey Star!” they all say with smiles on their faces.
“Hey Star, aren’t you going to practice to shoot this year’s Star Arrow?” asked Keith.
“Yeah, that’s why I came over here to ask for some tips and advice.” I said.
“Oh well I can help you out, Star.” Russell said.
“Why dose Russell get to help out Star?” yells Roberto.
“You know why dumbo!” yell Edwardo and hits him up-side the head.
“Ow!” says Roberto rubbing his head” That hurt!”
“Not my fault you’re dumb!” says Edwardo laughing so hard he has to grab his stomach and Keith starts laughing with him.
“Let’s go before they argue even more.” Russell whispers in my ear.
“Sure, let’s go while we can.” I said.
So we both went to the archery field to help me practice.
“Ok, Star, show me your posture with the bow and arrow.” Russell said. Then I got in position with the bow and arrow.
“Like this?” I asked hoping that I got it right.
“No, your back needs to be higher and relax your solders.” He said after checking my posture.
“How about now Russell?” I asked, again hoping I got it this time.
“Wait let me help you.” Russell came around me, then placed his arms over mine and slowly pushed my arms underneath my chin.
“Hey Star,” he said piercing my face “Why are you red?”
“Oh it’s the afternoon sun.” I said, hiding my embarrassed face.
After a while I turned out alright all thanks to Russel. Then I went to my room to get ready for tomorrow. It was the day of the festival, already towards the end I had to shoot the flaming Star Arrow.
“Ok, I got this; just remember what Russell taught me.” I took a deep breath and let go of the arrow and the Star ring lit on fire.
“Star you did it!” Russel said running towards me and hugged me” You did it! You actually did it!”
“Whoa, what’s going on here?” said Keith sarcastically.
“Hugh …” I looked up from Russell’s embrace and aw his face really close to mine and I was staring into his nice bright blue eyes. ”Oh!” and I leaped away from Russel. My face was really red with embarrassment. So was Russell’s.
“Why dose Russel get to hug Star!” says Roberto “Lucky!”
“Oh when did you guys come over here?” asked Russel.
“We came over to get Keith then he saw you two over here hugging.” said Edwardo with a dirty grin on his face.
“Oh well I go to go. My dad is calling to come over.” I said to make an excuse to leave to my room.
“Ok Star. Will let you go.” said Keith.
Then I ran towards the castle and strait up to my room. So a few weeks had passed sense I hugged Russel and the guys still tease us both about it, but I think that got me closer with Russel I am not totally for sure. Now that I am thinking about it I have seen Russel blush more when I see him training with the guys. Because once he lost his balance during a his training and I said hi so right when he turned around Roberto almost slashed his sword towards him to make him loose his balance. Thank goodness that he saw it coming and took that chance to scare Roberto to fall, and his plan did work. When I told him that he was amazing using that exact moment to his advantage he began to blush, then tried to play it off. Ha-ha, he is so cute when he acts like that. Now this morning I woke up to the sound of someone knocking on my door.

“Star are you still asleep, it’s me, Roberto, with Keith and Edwardo.” He said on the other side of my room door.

“Ugh… come in guys. I’m up.” I said rubbing my eyes then all three came into my room with my breakfast.

“M-m-m thanks guys I was a bit hungry.” I said with a big smile looking at my breakfast.

“ We thought you might be.” said Keith with a small grin.

“Well thanks so much.” I said with a big smile and clapping my hands together showing them I was ready to eat.

“Hey who gave you that Star?” said Edwardo.

“What are you looking at?” I said in confused.

“The roses and love letter on your night stand!” Keith said while pointing at my night stand.

“Oh what when did that get here?” I said shocked.

“Who gave it to you Star?” asked Roberto.

“I don’t know.” I said then look at the letter to see if there was a name but there wasn’t” There’s no name on the letter, look.” I showed them the letter.

“Yeah there’s no name but the letter is so cheesy.” said Edwardo.

“Ha-ha-ha you’re right ha-ha-ha!” said Keith laughing.

“Hey you don’t think that Russel could have given that to Star, do you?” said Roberto.

“Well it dose look like his handwriting to me.” said Keith.

“It is his handwriting, but I didn’t know that he was so cheesy ha-ha-ha.” said Edwardo laughing.
Then my entire room was filled with everyone’s laughter, even mine. Then I heard a knock on my door.

“Come in.” I said then all the laughter turned into silence and it became awkward in my room because the person who came in was Russel.

“Oh hello, Russel. Did you need anything?” I asked awkwardly but with a grin to hide that unsuspected moment that just happed.

“Can you meet me in the garden around noon?” he asked with a flush pink face.

“Oh sure thing I’ll meet you there.” I said with a big grin on my face.

“Ooh what are you going to do Russell huh, huh!” Roberto said teasingly while giving a big smirk to Russel.
“I am not going to go anything sheesh… you guys are so immature!” he said with a bright red face.

“Ha-ha-ha your face is bright red ha-ha-ha!” Edwardo said laughing so hard that he was griping onto his stomach.

“Hey where did the bright red cherry go?” asked Keith.

“I don’t know?” said Roberto.

“Well we got to go Star. See you around.” said Edwardo walking towards my room door.

“Yeah well see you later guys.” I said waving good bye as they all left.
The time came for me to go see Russel in the castle garden and I was a bit early than told because I really wanted to know what he wants to tell me. So I sat on the bench that was near the rose bushes.

“You came a bit earlier then what I said.” said Russel walking towards me.
“Yeah I know but I kept on wondering what you wanted to tell me.” I said. ”What did you want to tell me?”
“ Oh well why don’t we walk around the rose bushes so I can tell you what I have to say.” He offered me his hand so that way he can escort me around the garden.
“Ok that is fine with me.” I said taking his hand and we walked around the garden.
“So Star umm…” he said with a serious face and we stopped walking
“Yeah Russel.” I said looking at his face.
“Well…umm…Star I…I-I love you!” he said with a face of like all the weight of the world was lifted off of him. ”Wait Star give me a minute before you reject me.”
“Why do you think I am going to reject you when I also love you!” I said looking at his face with a big smile.
“You do!?” he said with a surprised look on his face, ”I thought you didn’t feel the same way.”
“Yes. I do I really do love you. Even the guys know that I liked you.” I said. ”Ha-ha-ha.”
“Hey why are you laughing?” he asked with astonishment.
“Because you thought I was going to reject you when I thought the same thing if I had told you.” I said laughing.
“I would never reject you.” He said then embraced me in his arms that I never knew were so muscular.
Then he loosened up the embrace and the next thing I knew I was staring at Russel’s blue eyes again. At that moment we kissed. It was a deep and passionate kiss.

“Oh … umm…” I said looking away from him so he won’t see me be embarrassed.

“Don’t be embarrassed Star.” He said moving my gaze towards him.
Then we kissed again. This time it was longer than the first. Two years had passed since Russel had confessed his love towards me. That day will be forever in my heart.
“Star! Star! Star!” Roberto says screaming and running towards me from down the hall.

“What is it!” I said scared.

“Star did you hear.” He says with big bright eyes of enthusiasm.

“Hear what?” I asked with my head turned to the right.

“What!” he said with a surprise “That means he didn’t tell you.”

“Who hasn’t told me what?” I asked with a weird look on my face showing that I did not understand a single word he just said.
Then out of nowhere Edwardo came and put his hand over Roberto’s mouth.

“Idiot! You’re not supposed to tell her. He is!” Edwardo says sternly and annoyed.

“Hey what’s going on here?” I said with a stern face.

“Well Russel was going to mugh… umh…ugh.” Said Roberto, when all of a sudden Edwardo covered his mouth again.

“Why don’t you look for Russel and ask him yourself.” Edwardo said with a devilish smile.

“Ok, I will!” I said with a stern face and walked out to look for Russell.

It took me a while to find him, but when I was about to give up on my search he had found me instead.

“Star!” yelled Russell from behind the rose bushes of the garden, “Where have you been? I have been looking all over for you.”

“I have been looking for you this entire time!” I said with a tired look upon my face.

“Oh I didn’t know that.” He said with a large surprised look upon his face.

“It’s ok I understand.” I said.

Russell then grabbed my hand and took me to the fountain in the garden.

“Whoa, why did you bring me here?” I said tiring to regain my balance.

“Star um…” as he said that he got down on one knee and reached into his coat and took out a beautiful ring.

“Star will you marry me and be with me forever?” he said with a serious face.

“Yes! Yes I will marry you!” I said while jumping into his arms and hugged him.

Then he placed the ring on my ring finger. We were so happy that day. Then one day my father, King Nathan, had called me to the throne room.

“Star I had hared from a maid that you and one of my knights are now betrothed.” He said that with a very unpleasant look upon his face.

“Yes we will be getting married soon.” I said proudly to show that I was happy.

“Well cancel it because you are a princess not a commoner. So you should be looking for a prince suitors not my knights.” he yelled so very forceful that it echoed throughout the castle.

“No! Father I love Russell and you can’t stop me from being in love!” I said hoping it would make him think twice.

“You are a princess and soon to be a queen, Star, you need to focus only to do what is right for the kingdom not for your selfish needs!” he argued back.

“It is not selfish, father, but I do plan on still being a great queen someday but I still love Russell!” I said.

“But if you plan on marring Russell you will have to give up on the crown and be a commoner or someone lower than what your status is as princess.” He said getting up from his throne.

“I will not give up the crown and I will not give up on Russell either.” I said with a loud thunder -like sound of my foot stomping on the floor.

“And how will you do that because you know I only want what is best for you and my kingdom.” he said testing me. “Why don’t you marry Prince Edward instead?”

“No! I will marry Russell and still be queen I’ll show you and prove you wrong!” I said running out of the throne room and straight to my room.

By the time I was in my room I heard a knock on my door.

“Excuse me Miss Star it’s me Mrs. Van” she said “May I come in?”

“Oh… yes come in.” I said.

“I brought some tea.” She said placing the tea on the nightstand, “Well why the long face Miss Star?”

“Oh it’s just that my father dose not accept me marring Sir Russell.” I said with a sad expression on my face.

“Oh well did you know that you were not the only member of the royal family to fall for a knight.” She said with a face expression like she knows something.

“I’m not?” I said with shock.

“Nope, your great-great-grandmother, Elizabeth Louise Bluue, also fell in love for a knight.” She said pouring me some tea.

“Is that all you know about my great-great-grandmother?” I said at the edge of my seat wanting to know more about it.

“Sadly yes, that is all I know.” She said in disappointment, “But you may find out more of the story in the castle library.”

“Thank you for the information that was a big help for me.” I said.

“No problem Miss Star.” She said leaving my room.

That day I was still in my room thinking about what Mrs. Van had said while I was getting ready for bed. But I could not sleep at all so I snuck out of my room and went to the castle library to look for more information. So I stood up all night just to start my reach. Then I fell asleep while doing my all night research and woke up in the castle library the next morning by one of my maids.

“Ugh… now I have to continue my research.” I said while rubbing my eyes with a big yawn.

So I continued until I had found what I was waiting for.

“I found it! I really found it.” I exclaimed to myself.

“You found what?” someone said behind me.

Then I was wrapped in the arms of the voice.

“Russell what are you doing here? I thought you were coming tomorrow.” I said while being trapped in his arms.

“I just really wanted to see you so I made the guys hurry up the mission so I can see you.” he said “Hey, why were you screaming I found it?”

“Oh…um.” I said.

Then I explained the whole situation to him.

“Oh so that’s why you were screaming that out. Did you find out information?” he said.

“Yeah I thought I was the only one here so yeah.” I said looking down at the floor to avoid the embarrassment.

“Don’t worry I thought it was cute.” He whispered in my ear.

Then my cheeks went bright red.

“So is that.” He said teasingly. ”So we should go tell your father now!”

“Alright let’s go!” so I grabbed his arm and dragged him to the throne room.

“Star…did you come to your senses?” my father said right when I came in.

“No I actually want to show you the evidence that had gather to show you that I can still rule the kingdom and still be with Russell!” I said then grabbed the book from Russell and showed the story of my great-great-grandmother.
“Oh I see then prove to me that you love my daughter.” he said to Russell “Tell me all the things you love about her.”
“Oh!” he said in surprise “Well I love her smile, her beauty, her personality, her passion for her goals, the way she will not give up so easily, and for how large her hart is for everything she does.” He says looking at me “That is why I love and respect her and the reason I want to marry her and have her in my life forever.”
I was moved into tears by what he said then he came and embraced me and pat my head for reassurance.
“Well if you love my daughter that much then I give you both my blessings, but if you hurt my daughter then you will be executed without a doubt.” my father said.
“Thank you father, thank you, thank you, thank you!” I said running to him and giving him a big hug.
Then two months have passed sense my father giving us his blessings and tons of wedding planning our wedding finally came. I was ready to walk down the aisle to my love in a very handsome tuxedo.
“Are you sure you are ready?” my father says when he was getting ready.
“I am a bit nerves for the end but I know that with Russell on my side I can be safe.” I said when my father was fixing my veil.
“Well now you are going to be all right because he has proven to be a great man for you.” he said putting on a necklace on me “And now you are wearing your mother’s necklace she wore on our wedding ,and I know that she would have loved to see you on this day.”
“She will watch over me in haven so I will be ok now.” I said looking down at the necklace of a diamond heart.
Then it was time for me to walk down the aisle with my father, and I see the man that will be beside me forever. Then my father took me to Russell and placed my hand on his a whispered take good care of her to Russell and gave me a loving smile.
“You look lovely in that dress.” Russell said.
“Thank you and you look very handsome in that tuxedo.” I said.
Then the wedding began and it was so wonderful, but it was time for the kiss.
“You may now kiss the bride.” Said the priest with a smile.
“Oh…um.” Russell said nervously.
“Just kiss her already! Sheesh!” Edwardo yelled.
“Nah he’s to nerves!” Keith said laughing.
Then the whole entire church was filled with laughter. Then Russell crested my cheek and kissed me.
“Whoa, he really did kiss her!” you can hear Roberto yell in the middle of all the laughter.
Then that was the seal of our love. So that was my happily ever after with my knight.