Guardian Angel | Teen Ink

Guardian Angel

May 6, 2013
By XxTianasxX, Beaumont, Texas
More by this author
XxTianasxX, Beaumont, Texas
0 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
― Marilyn Monroe


This is just like the first story I was writing, but I decided to change it. I started to just change a few things then I realized it was going to take to long so I decided to just start completely over. Hope you like it. Be sure to comment on it below.

“Remind me again why I’m doing this,” I said pulling on the hem of my dress trying to make it longer. My best friend, Rachel, glared at me before slapping my hand away.
“Stop pulling on it,” she chastised. “And you promised me we would go together.” I sighed before staring up at the house. Somehow, Rachel had convinced me to dress in a ridiculously short dress and come to this stupid party. A party that consists of drunken teenagers and guys acting like a bunch of idiots. I looked longingly at the car before Rachel pulled me towards the house. Once w got inside my nervous level increased from a 5 to a whopping 20. Unlike me Rachel seemed to be getting more and more excited. We walked into the kitchen passing a couple swapping spit with each other like their life depended on it. It was most likely the grossest thing I have ever seen in my life. I looked around taking in my surroundings. Who ever owned this house had some serious taste. It’s a shame that after tonight it would probably look like a junkyard. I turned around to ask Rachel whose house this is, but she isn’t there. I quickly take a deep breath to get rid of the panic rising in my chest.
“Hey, are you alright,” I heard a voice dangerously close to my ear. I spun around to face the speaker when suddenly my vision blurred.
“Whoa maybe you should sit down for a while.
“I just need some air,” I said trying to get my bearings. I was vaguely aware of being tugged. A gust of cold air cleared the now decreasing fogginess. I turned to thank my savior but quickly stopped when I saw who it was. Just my luck I had to be rescued by the son of the fifth richest man in America. At the same time I realized that I was still clinging desperately on to him. I quickly moved away from him feeling my blood rush to my face.
“Hey are you okay,” he asked. I stared at him before my mind registered that he was speaking to me.
“Oh, um, y-yeah I’m f-fine,” I stammered. And now I’ve lost the ability of speech, I thought to myself.
“Are you sure you liked you were about to pass out in there,” he said. Instead of answering him like any normal person would have I hurriedly turned around and started towards the back door.
“Hey wait up,” he called after me. It occurred to me then that I really didn’t know the guy’s name. I knew it started with an N and his last name was Pierce. I hesitated before turning around coming face to face with his chest. I quickly took a few steps back before looking up at him. His eyes were the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen. They were a wonderful shade of green. They were framed by very long lashes that girls would most likely kill for. He had long dark brown, almost black, hair that came down over his eyes that he seemed to constantly have move. The temptation to reach my hand up and move it for him was so great I had to look away. I looked down unable to meet his eyes again.
“So…,”he started.
“Look I’m really sorry I most likely ruining your not and everything but, I really need to go find my friend,” I said completely interrupting him.
“I’ll help,” he said walking towards me. I shook my head. This guy really can’t take a hint.
”Really it’s fine,” I said.
“Not to be rude or anything but, I really don’t know you so…” He smiled giving me a weird look.
“You really don’t know who I am,” he asked. Well someone’s cocky, I thought.
“Everyone knows who I am,” he said sounding almost astonished.
“Look, are you going to tell me who you are or am I going to have to play ‘guess his name’,” I said a little harsher than I intended. “Nathan Pierce a pleasure to meet you,” he said with a mock bow. I hesitated before taking his outstretched hand.
“Alexis Knight but my friends call me Alex,” I said before dropping his hand.
“Well then Alexis let’s go find your friend,” Nathan said. He turned and walks inside before I could stop him. I hurriedly went after him not liking the situation that I was in.
“I really don’t need your help,” I said. He seemed to almost pout. I shook my head laughing.
“I live with a little brother who likes to do the exact same thing,” I said smiling. “The puppy dog face does not affect me.”
“I just want to help,” he said sounding resigned.
“Fine,” I said.
“Just please stop being so…happy about it.
”Now I sound like I was whining (which in all honesty I was). He just smiled before taking my hand in his. I would be lying if I said I didn’t like it. To busy in my own little world I didn’t realize that Nathan was talking to me.
“Sorry, what,” I asked. “I said ‘what does she look like’,” he said. “Oh, um, she has red hair, she’s kind of short, and-“
“Hey, Is that her,” he asked interrupting me. I followed his line of sight and saw Rachel barreling this way.
“Yep, that’s her,” I said.
“Well I guess your services are no longer needed, Mr. Pierce.” Suddenly his face clouded over and his jaw tightened.
“Mr. Pierce is my father,” he said coldly. Okay, I see talking about his father is a sore spot for him. Before I could say anything else Rachel suddenly appeared next to us.
“Hi I’m Rachel I absolutely love your party,” she gushed. My eyes widened.
“This is your party,” I asked incredulously.
“Of course it is,” Nathan said with a shrug.
“It is his house, Alex,” Rachel said. I was openly gaping now.
“This is your house,” I asked. “Well it’s actually my dad’s but, he’s off on some trip,” he replied nonchalantly.
“So how did you two meet,” Rachel asked after a second. At the mention of what happened I remembered why I needed to find her.
“I need to get home,” I told Rachel. “But you promised you would try to have fun,” she said with a pout.
“I did and it didn’t work,” I said.
“Now I want to go home.” Rachel looked like she was about to object but, Nathan cut her off.
“I can drive her home if you want to stay,” he suggested.
“No,” I said at the same time Rachel said, “Sure”. I glared at her but she just smiled at me.
“Really I don’t want to keep you away from your party,” I said. “
It’s no problem at all,” he said already pulling out his keys.
“Great now that that’s settled I’m going talk to surfer boy over there,” she said with a wink before leaving.
“That’s some friend you got there,” Nathan said with a smirk.
“Let’s just go,” I said resigned. If I was lucky I might be able to fall asleep on the way there. Then again that may not be the safest thing to do in a stranger’s car. The entire car ride home it was quiet except when I told him the directions to my house. When we pulled up I saw that all the lights were off in the house. I guess everyone’s already asleep. I opened the door to get out but Nathan grabbed my wrist before I could leave.
“Are you okay,” he asked. “I’m fine,” I said tugging on my wrist for him to let go.
“I guess I’ll see you later,” he said before bringing his lips to my hand. I gasped and pulled my hand away. He smiled at me as I numbly closed the car door.
“Good night, Alexis,” he said before driving off. I watched him until the car turned the corner. I had a feeling I would be seeing him a lot more often now. The next morning I came downstairs to see my mom in the kitchen.
“Morning mom,” I said pecking her on the cheek.
“Good morning sweetheart,” she replied.
“Well you’re up early,” my dad said raising an eyebrow.
“I don’t want to start school by being late,” I said with a shrug.
“You know I don’t believe I heard you come in last night,” my dad said not looking up from his paper. I just shrugged not bothering to answer. Suddenly I heard a horn being blown repeatedly.
“That’s probably Rachel,” I said before getting up and pecking them both on the cheeks.
“Bye!” I shouted while running out the door. I jumped in the car to see Rachel beaming at me.
“So, how did the ride of the century go,” she said waggling her eyebrows. I sighed. Of course that would be what she was so happy about, I thought.
Instead of answering I turned and faced out the window. After pestering me about for about thirty more minutes before finally going silent. By the time we pulled into the school’s parking lot I had a major headache.
“Oh I almost forgot there’s a new guy attending.” I rolled my eyes. I knew for a fact that she didn’t ‘forget’ like she says. Anything to do with boys would never be forgotten. I shook my head before getting out the car. Before I could even take two steps I crashed into something rock hard.
“We really shouldn’t keep meeting like this,” I heard a deep velvety voice whisper into my ear. I instantly moved away from him.
“What are you doing here,” I hissed under my breath.
“Where else would I go to school,” he said with a smile. Before I could stop him he draped his arm over my shoulder and practically dragged me towards the entrance. I glanced over my shoulder to see Rachel wink at me with a huge smile on her face. Did she actually think I wanted his arm around me?! It didn’t matter how good it felt – wait what. I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts when I noticed Nathan talking to me.
“Sorry what,” I asked. He shook his head smiling.
“Do you always zone out like that,” he asked still smiling. Instead of answering I ducked from under his arm and moved away from me.
“Aw come on Alexis,” Nathan called after me. “I was just kidding.”
I kept walking without looking back. I sighed as I neared my friends. I knew for a fact they were going to grill on me about how I knew Nathan. I looked over at Rachel to see her beaming at me.
“How do you know the new guy,” said one of the girls now surrounding my locker. I think her name was Stacy. I started to answer her but she suddenly started looking over my head. Actually everyone was looking over my head. I spun around coming face to face –well, face to chest– with Nathan. With a gasp I stepped back trying to ignore the million sparks where I had accidentally touched him. I glared up at him.
“What,” I asked annoyed.
“Now that’s no way to act to the guy who saved your life now is it,” he said loudly. I heard a few freshmen sigh as they passed me. Before they were out of earshot I hear one of them say,
“If a guy like that saved me I wouldn’t be acting like such a b**** to him.” I sigh. The lists of people who hate me seem to just grow and grow.
“Look can you please just leave me alone,” I said with a sigh. Nathan must have heard what the girl said because he actually looked apologetic. When he didn’t say anything for a while I turned and started towards my first period.
“Hey, wait up!” I heard Nathan shout from behind me. I saw a few people look up to see who he was calling. I silently prayed for him to not call my name.
“Alexis,” he shouted from the other side of the hallway. People stopped and stared at me as if I had just grown to heads. Suddenly Nathan came to a stop in front of me.
“Hey why didn’t you wait for me,” he said sounding slightly out of breath. Instead of answering I dropped my head and tried to walk faster.
“Alexis,” Nathan said abruptly stopping in front of me. I kept my head down. Why he won’t leave me alone, I thought bitterly. It won’t even matter. In a few days he was going to become one of the ‘it’ people and forget all about me. At least that was what I kept telling myself. With another sigh I looked up to meet his gaze.
“What,” I said a bit more harshly then I meant. I saw hurt flash over his before his face went blank.
“Nothing, I’ll see you later,” he said before turning around and walking away. I should have been happy to see him go. I mean he would have eventually, right?
As it may seem I didn’t see or talk to Nathan anymore for the rest of the day. Afterschool I saw Nathan with some of the jocks at their cars. I knew it, I thought as I watched him. He was going to become one of them sooner or later. Suddenly I was shoved making me spill all of the contents in my bag. I spun around to face the culprit to see Trisha Northman smirking at me. A million retorts went through my mind that would make a sailor cringe. Instead of saying anything I silently picked up my things. I looked around on the ground feeling like I was missing something.
“Look what we have here,” I heard Trisha say. I looked up at what she had in her hand and visibly paled. It was my journal.

“What do we have here,” Trish sneered. I jumped up instantly. “Give that back,” I shouted before making a grab for it. She just pulled out of my reach and laughed. Suddenly Trish’s ‘minions’ grabbed hold of me making it impossible for me to move. I looked over to see her reading it with a smile on her face.
“Oh My Gosh,” she said her eyes widening.
“Everyone you have to see what this freak has been writing about.
” When she had everyone’s attention she started reading for everyone. I felt like crying. That journal was where I put all of my thoughts down. I didn’t like calling it my diary because that’s not what it is. The stuff in there isn’t about boys or how everyone treats me. It was practically my dream journal. Every dream I’ve had since I was fourteen is written in that journal.
“Listen to this one,” Trisha suddenly exclaimed. I must have zoned out because that didn’t seem like the first one she’s read.
“He’s coming for me,” Trisha read. I instantly paled. That was one of the worst dreams I had ever dreamt. Even though it happened a month ago I can still remember the terror I felt.

Pain, I thought to myself. That was the only thing that was registering in my mind. It was everywhere. I knew I couldn’t stop though. HE was coming for me. I looked up at the sky to see his powerful wings beating against the wind. How something so beautiful could be so vicious I didn’t know. Forgetting momentarily that I was running for my life I stopped and watched as his black wings folded around him as he dived- straight toward me. I quickly turned around and took off again. Where was He, I thought to myself. He always came when I was in trouble. I started to panic as thought of the fact that he might not come. In my hysteric I tripped on a root that was sticking up from the ground. I closed my eyes and covered my head prepared for the pain that I knew I would feel. Before I hit the ground arms suddenly wrapped around me. I started to struggle thinking it was the bad guy. Just as soon as I was up I was back on the ground. I spun around to face my capturer ready to fight if I had to. When I saw who it was I flung myself at Him. My best friend, at least in the dream world.
“You need to hide,” he whispered glancing over his shoulder. In the distance I could see Him still chasing after me.
“Alexis, please leave,” he begged.
“I can’t leave you here,” I said shaking my head.
“You didn’t come back the last time I did.” I hated to remember that. I couldn’t even write it down in my journal because of the pain it brought.
“I’m sorry,” he said. I was confused as to why he was apologizing until I figured out what he was about to do.
“No,” I shouted as he gave a push. I started falling faster and faster before-.

Snapping my eyes open in time to hear Trisha gasp.
“Oh My Gosh,” she said incredulously. She turned to Nathan who had at some point came to stand by Trisha. It didn’t take long for her to sink her claws into him.
“She’s like totally stalking you.” I was confused. Why would she say that, I thought? Nothing in there pertained to him. Then it hit me.
I watched Nathan lean over her to look at whatever Trisha had seen. His eyes widened before he zeroed his gaze on me.
“Why do you have a picture of me in here,” he asked.
“What are you talking about,” I said playing dumb. Damn it, I forgot I had drawn that picture of him last night.
“His talking about this,” Trisha said before shoving the book under my nose. I grabbed it out of her hand with a scowl. I looked down at my journal to see a picture of Nathanial.
“That’s not you,” I said rolling my eyes. Nathan looked at me as if I had grown another head.
“Are you kidding me,” he said rather loudly gaining the people that were still here attention.
“It looks exactly like me.” I studied picture then looked at Nathan.
“I guess if you looked at it closely there could be a resemblance,” I said trying to defuse the situation. I sighed before putting my journal away. Without a word I turned and started home.
“Wait up Alexis,” I heard Nathan shout after me. I expected him to be angry or at the very least annoyed at me, so it kind of through me of when he walked up to me smiling.
“So you having dreams about me now,” he said with that same cocky smirk.

“It was only because drove me home,” I replied.
“What am I to you?” he said. The way he said that made me think that he was asking something else.
“You’re the guy who saved me last night, my hero,” I said over-dramatically. He just nodded his head.
“Can I ask you a question,” he asked.
“Sure,” I said with a nod of my head. “Who is he,” he asked. I shook my head confused.
“What,” I asked.
“In your dream who is He,” he asked with perfect putting quotations around ‘he’. I snapped my head towards him in astonishment.
“Why do you ask,” I asked suspiciously. Something flashed across he eyes before disappearing. He avoided looking at me before he answered.
“I just wanted to know if I had any competition,” he said jokingly.

“It’s a journal,” I snapped. “And I didn’t write that down for a reason.” Actually I made sure that I didn’t write it in there. “Now try telling me the truth for once in your life Nathaniel.”
I had already come to terms with the fact that he may like him when he didn’t call me out in front of everyone. Instead of answering me he just shrugged and continued walking as if I hadn’t said a word.
“Hello, you didn’t answer my question,” I said getting a little frustrated.
“Does it really matter why,” he asked. I could see I was starting to irritate him, but at this point I didn’t care.
“Yes as a matter of fact it does,” I answered defiantly. He gave me this creepy smile that really didn’t fit on his face.
“Would you believe me if I told you I was an angel,” He said with a smirk which I matched with my own.
“Yes, actually I would,” I stated truthfully.
Shock was clear in his eyes. I guess he didn’t expect me to say that. It was true, though. He was probably the nicest guy I had ever talked to; of course I would think he was an angel.
“Well, tell me this Ms. Alexis,” Nathan started bringing me out of my thoughts. “If it weren’t for your little crush on me than would you believe?”
I blushed but answered him nonetheless.
“To tell you the truth if I were younger the answer would be a no,” I answered.
“And what about now,” he asked me while coming closer.
“Now I don’t know,” I said. “I mean you’re starting to come off as a bit of an asshole.”
His lips started to pull upward until a full blown grin was upon his face.
“Y’know, you’re really cute when you’re angry,” he said all the while coming closer to me.
“What are you doing,” I asked him.
“Something I wish I’d done last night,” he said with a seductive smile. My eyes widened when he said that. He leaned over and for a split second I thought he was going to kiss me but instead he just wrapped his arms around me. I wasn’t going to complain, though. His arms around me felt really good.
This at least I knew was real. I stayed there for few more minutes before I moved away. He frowned as I took a few more steps away.
“So why are you here,” I asked him.
“What do you mean,” he explained. I rolled my eyes before laughing at him
“I mean are you here because of my father or…,” I asked. He shook his head before answering me.
“Actually, I’m here because of your friend Lucas,” he said.
“He’s not my friend,” I said denying it like Lucas told me too.
“Have you talked to him recently,” he asked still trying to find out about him.
I racked my brain trying to think of anything to tell him so he would stop asking about Lucas. Suddenly I remembered something.
“Even if I have talked to him why do you care,” I answered hesitantly. Nathan snapped his head toward me. I guess he hadn’t expected me to ask about him.

“What did he tell you,” Nathan asked accusingly.
“I didn’t say I talked to him I asked why you wanted to know,” I explained. Nathan started to pace back and forth in front of me.
“So you’re telling me that he just backed off and let you go so he could be friends with you,” he asked incredulously. I instantly took a few cautious steps away from him. Of course I noticed his retreating form. I raised an eyebrow at him before taking three strides until I was right beside him.
“You weren’t trying to run away from me were you,” I asked. He just smiled and took another step away from me.
“Just answer the question,” I said.
“Tell me what you told him Alexis and then I’ll tell you why I want to know,” He said through gritted teeth.
“Promise me you won’t get mad first,” I said. He closed his eyes and ran a hand through his hair with a sigh.
“I’m not mad at you,” He said grabbing my hand and pulling me towards him. Why was he being so clingy toward me so suddenly? It was a little unnerving. I took in a shaky breath before letting it out trying to relax myself.
“I told him that people wouldn’t treat him so differently if they knew his story,” I said choosing my words carefully.
“What story,” he asked his expression going guarded.
I shook my head not sure if I could answer that.
“Alexis he’s bad for you he could kill you and yet you seem to be trying to protect him,” Nathan said through gritted teeth. I felt my anger start to rise again. I took a deep breath trying not to snap his head off.
“I promised him I wouldn’t tell,” I said harshly. “You must have set him off. Told him something that made him think I told you. Did you talk to him?” My question seemed to actually shock him. He quickly looked away from my accusing glare.
“What the heck Nathan,” I snapped. “You’re mad at me for talking to the guy when you’ve been this whole time.”
“I told you I wasn’t angry at you,” he said reaching out towards me. I instantly moved away from him. I was starting to think the only reason he was being so intimate towards me was so he could get information from me
“If you know him so well why don’t you ask him what he told me,” I said raising an eyebrow.
“Why can’t you just tell me what he said,” he practically shouted.
“Because I promised him I wouldn’t,” I shouted back at him. “And when I make a promise I keep it no matter what kind of person you are.” I made sure to put extra emphasize on person because right now I was starting to think he was lying about who he was. Before he could most likely snap at me a car pulled up right on side of me. It was a sweet looking ride. Although the dark tinted windows kind of made it look like any minute a guy would jump out and kidnap me. Blame my wild imagination for that scenario. Suddenly the window rolled down to reveal-
“Lucas,” I exclaimed. He looked over to me with a smile.
“Well hello my little angel,” he said with a smile. I started to ask him what he was doing here but Nathan interrupted me, pulling my arm roughly so I was behind him.
“What the hell do you want, Dark Rider,” Nathan snapped.
“Please try to refrain yourself from calling me by my title,” Lucas ground out before turning to me. “Do you need a ride?”
I glanced over at Nathan to see him glaring daggers at Lucas.
“Sure,” I said walking towards his car. Before I could even take two steps Nathan grabbed my arm and yanked me towards him. Without so much as a warning Lucas got out of the car to come and stand beside me. He shoved Nathan back with a growl before grabbing my hand and pulling me behind him.
“Don’t touch her,” he snarled. Nathan just laughed in his face. I was starting to think this guy wasn’t actually the good guy.
“Is that your little secret,” Nathan said still laughing softly to himself. “You care about the girl.”
Yup, he was definitely not the good guy. It was starting to seem like Nathan was trying to keep me away from the truth. I turned away from Nathan and stepped closer to Lucas.
“Alexis I really think you should come with me,” Nathan said gripping my arm and pulling me towards him.
“You can’t hold her here,” Lucas said calmly “Free will and all that crap.” I was confused on the statement. What the heck was free will? That sounded like something out of one of those comic books my brother always read. At the sudden remembrance of my brother I gasped.
“What’s wrong,” Nathan asked but for some reason it sounded so fake.
“I forgot I had to pick up my brother,” I said answering him anyway.
“You have a little brother.” “I’ll drive you there.” Both of them said at the same time.
“How do you know she has a brother,” Nathan said sounding very pissed.
“Aren’t you supposed to be her savior,” Lucas sneered. “Aren’t you supposed to know everything about her?” Nathan looked like he was trying to find something to say. I rolled my eyes and turned to Lucas.
“Can you please give me a ride to the daycare,” I asked him. “I’m already late.”
“Sure c’mon,” he said before opening the door to his car. Nathan let out an animalistic growl. I caught a flash of silver before Nathan had Lucas against the car with a knife pressed against his throat. I have the absolute worst of luck, I thought to myself.
“What are you doing,” I screamed at him while trying to pull him away. “Stop it!” Nathan just shoved me back before turning back towards-
I gasped in surprise. Lucas was gone. The only thing left in his place was a post-it-note that Nathan failed to see. I leaned over and swiped it off the window.


Get In the Car





-Lucas
I was confused as to why I was supposed to get in the car. I got my answer when I heard a loud bang come from behind me. I spun around to see Nathan on the ground with Lucas standing over him.
“Didn’t I tell you to get in the car,” he said while walking over to me. He held the door open for me once again.
“If you get in that car I will no longer be able to protect you,” Nathan said from behind me. “I will no longer be able to keep you safe.” Before I could answer him Lucas beat me to it.
“She doesn’t need you anymore,” Lucas snarled.
“And who’s going to protect her, you,” Nathan mocked.
“Yes, I will,” He answered him. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t surprised. From the looks of it Nathan was surprised too. Without another word Lucas got into the car and drove off.
“You shouldn’t have let him get that close to you,” Lucas said gripping the steering wheel until his knuckles turned white. I had a problem with people talking down to me as if I were a silly child, so having Lucas scold me wasn’t boding over well.
“First of all I can take care of myself,” I said. He scoffed at me which I returned with a glare. “Second of all just because you don’t trust him doesn’t mean I don’t.”
He shot me an incredulously look before laughing.
“Are you freaking kidding me,” He said still laughing. I raised an eyebrow at him. “Just because I’m supposedly bad doesn’t mean I’m not a good guy,” He ground out. I instantly felt guilty for lashing out at him. I knew how he hated how everyone thought of him as the bad guy. The rest of the ride was silent leaving me to wallow in my thoughts. I had questions that I needed answers to. Well one question anyway. Is Nathan really trying to protect me or is he just pretending to get me to trust him. I sighed. I was going to have a major headache after today. “We’re here,” Lucas said shaking me from my thoughts. I looked outside to see a tall building with kids playing and running outside.
“Thanks,” I said as I started to get out.
“Wait,” Lucas said grabbing my hand. I eyed him carefully until he let go. He sighed. He knew how I felt about physical contact. I tend to keep it to a minimum.
“I’m sorry for snapping at you,” He started. “I guess I was just a little disappointed when I saw you with him after we talked.” To say I was shocked was an understatement. I have never heard or saw Lucas apologize ever. Heck, just three weeks ago he was trying to kill me. “It wasn’t like I planned for him to walk with me,” I stated. “I didn’t even know who he was until about ten minutes ago. Truthfully, I thought he was a good guy who I met last night until he started asking all these questions about you and how I knew you.” When I looked at him he seemed shocked but also…..relieved. Before he could comment a bell rung in the distance signaling it was time for the kids to go home. I quickly got out of the car ran to the doors of the daycare.
“Hi Mrs. Reed,” I said to the older woman behind the front desk.
“Hello sweetie,” she greeted back. “I’ll go get Jake for you.” I smiled in thanks as she went in the back. I looked over my shoulder to see if Lucas had left already to find him standing right behind me. I jumped at least a foot in the air. I hate when people snuck up on me. Before I could yell at him to go back to the car I heard a familiar voice.
“Wexie,” I spun around to see Jake running towards me.
“Hey little guy,” I said picking him up. Jake suddenly frowned at something behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see Lucas still standing there. I turned back to Jake to gauge his reaction.
“Who are you,” he asked Lucas.
“I’m a friend of your sister here bud,” Lucas said. “I am going to be your personal chauffer for the rest of the day.” I was shocked- for about two seconds before I realized he was just trying to make sure Nathan doesn’t bother me.
“Wexie what’s a show-fur,” Jake said mispronouncing chauffer and my name in the cute way he always does.
“It’s a person who drives you anywhere you want to go without complaining,” Lucas explained before I could answer him. Jake’s eyes lit up at that.
“Oh! Wexie can we pwease go to the candy store,” Jake pleaded giving me the cutest puppy dog eyes in the world.
“Yeah pwease,” Lucas said giving me his own form of puppy dog eyes. I have to say Lucas looked really cute like that. I groaned knowing I couldn’t argue with them without seeming like the bad guy.
“Fine,” I said with a sigh. Jake cheered before jumping down from my arms. He ran over to Lucas and wrapped his arms around his legs. I could tell he was surprised. I was surprised. Jake was almost worse than me when it came to accepting people. I couldn’t help but feel happy that Jake didn’t readily reject Lucas. A tugging on my hand snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked down to see Jake frowning at me.
“Come one Wexie,” he said tugging me out the door. I smiled at his eagerness.
“Yeah Wexie,” Lucas said stressing the nickname Jake had given me. “I want to get there before the sun goes down.” I rolled my eyes before getting into the car.
“Bye Mrs. Reed,” I yelled out the window before Lucas sped off.

“Where are we going,” I asked Lucas. Surprisingly he had actually kept his word and took us to the candy store. It was things like this that made almost made me forget what he wanted from me. Almost. I sighed, my mood instantly darkening.
“What’s wrong Wexie,” Jake asked from the back seat. I saw Lucas spare a glance at me from my peripheral vision. I forced a smile on my face before answering him.
“Nothing, I’m just sad that we’re going to have to go home soon” I said trying to at least keep him in a happy mood.
“Me too,” he said. “Are you going to pick me up from school tomorrow, too?” I started to answer him before I realized he was talking to me. Lucas glanced at me as if asking me the same question. I looked behind me at Jake. He looked a lot happier than he’s been in weeks.
“Do you want him to,” I asked him. I watched as his entire face lit up.
“Yeah,” he shouted while jumping in his seat. I laughed at him when he started singing.
“Then I guess he can,” I said. I glanced over at Lucas to see a smile on his face. I sighed to myself. I really hoped he didn’t mess this up.
“The park,” Lucas suddenly said snapping me out of my thoughts. I was confused when he didn’t say anything afterwards.
“What,” I asked turning to face him.
“You asked me where we were going,” He explained. I had totally forgotten about that.
“Why are we going to the park,” I asked after a minute. I looked behind me to find Jake asleep. I instantly lowered my voice.
“Jake’s already asleep,” I whispered confused. He smiled before slowing down in front of a mansion that I have never seen before. I pass by this street everyday and I have never seen it once.
“Glamour,” He said. I jumped in my seat and spun around to see Lucas’ face inches from my own. I felt my breath catch as I watched his eyes slowly grow darker. It felt like nothing mattered as I gazed into his dark blue eyed that I had only caught glimpses of in my dreams. I could see him leaning in, but all I could do was watch. It felt like I was incapable of moving. I could barely breathe. He was so close now that I could feel his breath on my lips. He brushed his lips against mine in feather light touch before he-
Beep!
I jerked back with a gasp as the car behind us drove around us while flipping us off. I hadn’t even noticed we had stopped. I looked behind me to see Jake still asleep. That kid could sleep through anything. As I tried to get my breathing back under control Lucas started the car. I looked out the window too embarrassed to see if Lucas was watching me. I didn’t need to turn around because I could feel his gaze on me. The rest of the ride was silent until we pulled up next to the park. I turned around in my seat to see Jake waking up. He looked around before his entire face lit up.
“We’re at the park,” he shouted jumping in his seat. I smiled at his eagerness. I jumped slightly in my seat when I heard a door slam. I looked out the window to see Lucas glaring at the sky. I quickly got out and then got Jake out. When we got to Lucas’ side he was still staring into the clouds.
“What’s wrong,” I asked him. He slowly brought his gaze to mine as if something was going to fall out of the sky if he looked away. He glanced at Jake who was still bouncing happily on my hip. A pained expression crossed his face before a sigh escaped his lips.
“Nothing,” he said. “We’re just can’t stay here too long.” I nodded my head still watching him cautiously. When he didn’t say anything else I turned around and started toward the swings. Jake was now writhing in my arms. I rolled my eyes at his behavior before putting him down. The second his feet hit the ground he took off towards the swings. There was surprisingly no one there. I looked around me. Now that I think about it the park was practically empty. I looked up at the now darkened sky in surprise. It looked like it was about to rain soon. I guess that was why Lucas said we would have to leave soon. The second that thought occurred it was chased away as a saw two guys in black leather jackets with guns in their hands. I spun around to see Lucas glaring at the sky. Fear shot through me as my mind remembered Jake. I turned around to Jake to see him still swinging; oblivious to one of the leather jacket guys stalking toward him.
“Jacob, come here,” I shouted to him while running. He looked up with a smile. I instantly knew he couldn’t hear me. I watched in horror as the guy swooped up Jake and shoved him into a van. A scream escaped my lips as I felt arms go around my waist. I started to thrash around trying to get away.
“Stop struggling it’s just me,” Lucas shouted tightening his hold on me. I relaxed before I remembered Jake. I started to sob at the thought.
“Take me back,” I screamed starting to thrash around again. “I need to get him back. Please!” Suddenly my feet left the ground and I was pushed into the car. I tried to open the door but he had somehow had locked from the outside. Tears were streaming down my face at the thought of not seeing Jake again. How was I going to explain this to my mom?
“Look at me,” I heard Lucas say as he grabbed my face. I shook my head trying to get loose.
“Alexis do you really think I’m going to leave him with those guys,” he said. I stopped trying to fight him as his words registered in my head. I looked at him trying to see if he was telling the truth.
“I need you to stay here and hide,” He told me. I nodded my head as he pulled away from me.
“I’m going to get him back for you, I promise,” he said giving me one last look. He turned around and got into his car. The car roared to life before Lucas took off leaving me here. I sat there stunned watching where I last saw him. I can’t believe he would actually do something like this for me. Suddenly I heard a sound of thunder before I saw a familiar set of grey wings falling from the sky. Right before he hit the ground he leveled out.
“Get in the car,” I heard him shout. I nodded before crawling into the front seat. I fumbled with the door trying to close the door. When I finally got it I heard a bang and saw a bullet hole right where my hand was just two seconds ago.
“Drive,” Lucas shouted from the backseat. Jake seemed to be holding on to Lucas for dear life. Without another word I switched to the driver’s seat before flooring the gas pedal and we took off. A few more bangs sounded before all that could be heard was the roar of the engine.
“Are they following us,” I asked my voice cracking at the end. Lucas moved to the front with Jake still in his arms. Once he was fully situated Lucas turned to me.
“Unless something has changed then no,” he said. I was confused at his comment.
“What do you mean ‘unless something has changed’,” I asked him glancing at Jake who was trembling.
“They tend to lose interest after the first try,” He explained. I nodded my head before going silent again. When we pulled up to my house no one moved. Everything felt too surreal to me. I had just witnessed my little brother get, practically, kidnapped and now I was going home to pretend as if nothing even happened.
“It’s a wonder I’m not insane,” I muttered under my breath.
“I’m pretty sure all of us would leave you alone if you were,” He said. I jumped a little not realizing he had heard me. I looked over at Jake to see he had gone back to sleep. I wish I could go to sleep.
“Wait, what do you mean they would leave me alone,” I asked, hope in my voice. An expression of pain went across Lucas’ eyes before he answered.
“The only reason they’re after you is because of you know me,” He replied. I couldn’t help the smile that bloomed across my face.
“Are you telling me if I just pretended to lose my memory they would go away,” I asked eagerly.
“Yep, all of us would have to leave you alone according to the rider law,” He said. “All riders are prohibited to tell anyone about us; this is punishable by death.”
I smiled to myself at the thought of not having to deal with anymore dark angels. I was already forming a plan when I caught Lucas glaring at the dashboard. I was confused as to why he was so mad before his words suddenly sunk in. Lucas kept saying us and all when he explained it.
“You would have to leave to,” I said finally getting it.

The remainder of the ride home Lucas was silent. After figuring out he would have to leave too I was feeling a little down. Everything would be a lot better if Lucas could stay.
“Can’t I just be like sworn to secrecy or something like that,” I asked him after a while. Before I could even finish my question Lucas was already shaking his head.
“That would be too dangerous,” he said. “The second you crossed onto our realm you would be dead.” I shuddered at the thought.
“You would have to leave at some point anyway wouldn’t you,” I asked turning to face him. He looked away from me and out the window. I instantly felt guilty for saying that. There was no doubt in my mind that we had become closer- at least in my dreams.
I laid my head against the steering wheel in exhaustion. It had been a very long day. I really wasn’t up for the lecture I knew I was going to get for bringing Jake home with in a stranger’s car. I sighed with my eyes closed before sitting back up. “Can we talk about this tomorrow,” I said. “I mean like after school.”
“That’s not necessary,” he said shaking his head. I instantly deflated thinking that he was going to leave.
“I’ll see you at school tomorrow,” he said with a smile. Before I could stop myself I threw my arms around him with a squeal. He laughed at my excitement.
“You’re really coming,” I asked with a giant smile on my face.
“Of course I don’t want Nathanial anywhere near you,” he said. “And I would probably miss you too much.”
I felt a blush spread to my cheeks after he said that. It didn’t help that I was practically straddling him. I felt his arms slither around my waste and bring me closer to him. He lifted one hand up and brushed a piece of hair behind my ear. He tilted my head down until my forehead was resting against his. My gaze flitted to his lips as he stared intently at me. I leaned my head down until our lips were practically touching. I gasped as he brushed his lips against mine in a feather light touch.
“Alexis Rosalina Knight, Get out of that car right now!”
I jerked away from Lucas and spun around to see my mother glaring at me before she turned and walked away. I turned back around to see Lucas smiling at me. I blushed as I remembered what was about to happen before my mom interrupted us.
“Um, I should probably get inside,” I said easing away from. I looked down to hide the blush and the smile that was overtaking my face. When I looked up again Lucas was still smiling at me.
“Yeah, I don’t want you getting in trouble with your mom,” he said before opening the door. I looked at the front door to see my mom peaking out at us. I instantly looked back at Lucas to see if he saw her. When all he did was get back into the car, I relaxed.
“So I guess I’ll see you at school tomorrow,” I said slowly backing away from the car. I shot him a smile before turning around.
“Goodnight mea speciosa angelus,” I heard his words drift to my ears.

---------------------------------------------


-----------------------------------------------


I walked downstairs with a spring in my step. After I had gotten in the house instead of chewing me out about Jake being brought home by a stranger she bombarded me with questions about Lucas like a fan girl! She only stopped when I told her he would be at school with me tomorrow and that I would tell her everything about him when I got home. My dad, on the other hand, was not excited.
“Morning Dad,” I said as I walked into the kitchen. He glanced up before looking back to his paper. I sighed he had been this way ever since I told him about Lucas.
“So is your boyfriend coming to pick you up,” he asked me as I poured myself a bowl of Lucky Charms. Heat rushed to my face as I blushed.
“He’s not my boyfriend Dad,” I said sheepishly. I opened my mouth to tell him that I was getting a ride from Rachel when I heard a horn beep from outside. My eyebrows furrowed. Rachel was never this early. Dad raised an eyebrow at me. My eyes widened at the thought of Lucas outside. I jumped up and raced to the window. I gasped as I saw Lucas leaning against the car. My eyes widened.
“Oh my, gosh,” I cried out before running up the stairs.
“Where are you going,” my dad asked.
“I have to go change,” I screamed back. I heard him mutter something under his breath but I was too far away to understand. I ran into the closet trying to find something at least presentable to wear.
“Ugh, I’m acting like one of those girls trying to impress her crush,” I mumbled to myself. I spun around as I heard a chuckle from the door to my room. Lucas was leaning against the frame with a smirk on his lips. My eyes widened in embarrassment as I realized he had heard me. He slowly walked toward me, a lazy smile starting to form.
“You look a little flustered Alexis,” he commented as I blushed. “It almost seems as if you were, oh I don’t know, excited to see me.”
“Pssh, excited to see you not in a million years,” I said as he moved closer to me. That was when I realized how close we were. I bit my lip as an overwhelming urge to kiss him came over me. I felt like I was in one of those cliché books when the girl falls for her best friend. I blushed as I realized I practically just said I was in love with Lucas. And that was just ridiculous!

You know you’re falling for him.

No I am not.
Yes you are
No I’m not
Are too
Am not
Are too
Am not!
Denial is not only a river in Egypt.
I am not in-

“Alexis,” Lucas shouted waving a hand in front of my face. I snapped out of the internal battle I was having with myself and focused on Lucas.
“Geez Alexis when you zone out you’re like really gone aren’t you,” he said with a smirk.
“Shuddup,” I mumbled blushing furiously. He laughed before grabbing my hand and pulling me toward the school.
I would be lying if I said I wasn’t insanely happy when he grabbed my hand. As we walked onto the campus I could already hear the whispers going around. I sighed and prepared for the worst when I saw Trisha walking towards us. It was going to be a very long day today.

“Hey Lexi whose your new friend,” Trisha asked overly cheerful. What. The. Hell.
“Um, hey Trisha,” I said hesitantly.”This is Lucas. He just transferred here.” I looked over at Lucas to see him scowling at Trisha. I snorted. I guess even he could tell she was acting really fake right now.
“Um, I would really appreciate it if you let go of my arm,” he said. If looks could kill Trish would be dead right now. The bleach she uses on hair must have killed a few brain cells because she obviously didn’t understand.
“C’mon I know you like me everyone does,” she said dropping the ‘friendly’ act. She started to say something when Rachel appeared looking seriously pissed off.
“Before you start telling me how stupid I am to be so gullible and all that crap,” I started before she could say anything. “Look who I brought.” I shoved Lucas, who had been hiding behind me, in front of me. Her eyes widened before she started squealing. It looked so wrong considering she was dressed in all black.
“Oh my, gosh,” she shouted before launching herself at him. “What are you doing here? Actually don’t tell me, I already know. You’re here for Alex.” She rolled her eyes at that. “I don’t understand why you two won’t just go out already,” she said with a sigh. Lucas smirked down at her before glancing at me.
“Actually-
I quickly covered his mouth. Was he trying to kill me? If Rachel found out what happened last night and I hadn’t told her, she would beat the fudge out of me. He rolled his eyes before moving my hand back and kissing it. My breath hitched as I stared into his blues. Rachel suddenly screamed pulling me out of my daze. I turned toward her to see her with a gigantic smile on her face.
“Please tell me I’m not dreaming and you two are together,” she said practically bouncing. Lucas just laughed before pulling the both towards the school. I narrowed my eyes at him noticing that he hadn’t answered the question.
“Why are you here again,” Rachel asked sounding kind of put out. I guess she had noticed too.
“Well I have recently been informed that another rider is here at the school, so I came to keep an eye on him,” he explained. “So where exactly do I go to get my schedule and all that?” Before I could answer him Trisha and Nathan cut in front of us.
“Well hello again,” Trisha said shooting a flirtatious smile at Lucas. I glared at her before turning to look at Nathan. I didn’t want to stand there and watch her flirt with Lucas. When I glanced at Rachel I expected her to be watching Trisha. What I didn’t expect was her to be staring at Nathan. I turned back to Nathan to see him smiling at her! Oh my, gosh what is going on?! I kept looking back and forth between the two and realized that they were flirting with each other. I squeal escaped my lips before I could stop myself. When she saw me looking at her and Nathan suggestively she blushed. She was totally flirting with him.
“Hey I think you guys should just make up, do that whole man hug thing guys do, and be friends,” I said pointing at the two of them. Lucas looks at me as if I had lost my mind. Maybe I had, but it wasn’t ever day my best friend started crushing on a guy. Even if he was supposedly a bad guy.
“Do you seriously expect me to just forget about what he did to you yesterday,” Lucas said glaring at Nathan. Nathan just looked back with a taunting smile on his face. I quickly got in between them before a fight broke out. Everyone seemed to feel it too because they turned to stare.
“What did he do,” I heard Rachel ask quietly from behind me. I glared at both of them before facing Rachel.
“He didn’t do anything,” I started before Lucas cut me off.
“Are you kidding me,” Lucas whisper-shouted considering everyone was trying listening. The bell should have rung by now. This is why I hate coming to school early.
“We just had a little argument and Nathan may have grabbed me,” I said with a shrug as if it was no big deal. When I looked back at Lucas he was glaring at me.
“Why are you defending him,” he snarled. I instantly flinched away from me. I hated when Lucas was angry at me it made me feel small. Usually I would be fine with that but it also made me feel guilty.
“Do you not see how Rachel is acting,” I hissed at him as I pulled him away from the crowd. As if figuring out that there wasn’t going to be a fight they all turned away and left. I glanced over my shoulder to see Nathan and Rachel talking. A smile rose to my lips before I noticed Trisha standing close to them. I instantly tensed when I saw the cruel smile on her face as she watched them. I narrowed my eyes at her. I would not let her anywhere near them. Rachel deserves a little happiness for once.
“There is no way I’m letting one of my best friends date that asshole,” Lucas said bringing me out of my thoughts. I had totally forgotten that he was there.
“Please Lucas for me,” I pleaded pouting. He wavered as I shot him the puppy dog eyes. He quickly looked away before making his face blank of emotions. Ugh! He knew I hated that.
“Look at them Luke,” I said dropping the whole nice act. “Rachel looks so happy. I don’t care what you say; you know just as well as I do, that Rachel deserves a little happiness.” When he still didn’t look at me I started to get a little angry.
“You know what, Lucas,” I muttered running my hand angrily through my hair. “Until you stop being so much of a damn asshole how about we just forget about what happened last night?”
His head snapped toward me. Figures he starts to listen to me now that it actually concerns him.
“Alexis I think you’re being a little too hard on me right now,” he ground out. “He could have hurt you. And although he didn’t hurt you, he still was using you. What if he’s doing the same thing to Rachel” I flinched as he shouted the last part. He took a deep breath before talking in a softer voice.
“You have to understand, Alexis,” he said sounding tired, resigned. “Rachel is like a sister to me. I don’t want anything to happen to her. You just met this Nathan guy yesterday. You don’t even know who he really is. He could be freaking serial killer for all we know and you expect me to just hand her to him. I can’t do that Alexis. And until you understand that maybe you’re right. Maybe we should just forget about last night.” A small gasp left my lips as a pang went through my heart. I could feel tears rolling down my eyes at what he said even though I had suggested the same thing. Before I could take back what I had said and apologize the bell rang.
“I have to get to class don’t wanna be late on my first day,” he said before turning around and walking away.
“Well you really screwed that up,” Trisha said from behind me. I couldn’t even come up with a comeback so I just pushed her out of my way and running towards the bathroom. Trisha was right. I screwed up and I screwed up bad.

I felt horrible. After my fight with Lucas, he wouldn’t talk to me for the whole day. At school the next day he ignored as if I wasn’t even there. I first I was angry, but now I’m just really sad. Rachel’s been coming over here and trying to get me to call him and apologize, but I’m too scared he’s just going to reject me again.
“Alexis, c’mon you and I both know Lucas didn’t mean what he said,” Rachel started trying to get me out from under the covers. “He only said that because you did. He’s probably going to call you any minute to say sorry.” I opened my mouth to object, but my cell phone started to ring at that moment. I pulled my head from under the covers and looked over at Rachel. We both looked at each other before looking at my phone.
“Well, aren’t you going to answer it,” she asked picking it up and holding it out towards me. “Wait before you answer, tell me this; do you love him?” My eyews widened at that. “Lucas and I have only been together for one day love isn’t exactly possible right now,” I said. She just raised her eyebrow obviously not believing me. I hesitated before taking it. I took a deep breath before answering it on the last breath.
“H-hello,” I stammered. I instantly scolded myself for sounding so weak.
“Hey,” he said. The silence that stretched on was killing me.
“I’m sorry,” we blurted out at the same time. A relieved breath left my lips as I heard him laugh. I felt like a weight had lift off my shoulders. I hated fighting with Lucas. Although we always forgive each other eventually, this had been the longest time apart.
“Look you were right,” Luke said sobering. “What I said was wrong. Rachel has a right to choose her own decisions. I really don’t want to lose you, Alexis.”
My breath caught as he said that. Rachel, who was currently sitting across from me, waggled her eyebrows making me blush in embarrassment.
“No, Lucas you were right I should have took in consideration how you would feel about it,” I said feeling guilty. I looked up at Rachel when she started to wave her hands in front of my face.
Tell him, she mouthed. I furrowed eyebrows in confusion.
“Tell him what,” I whispered covering the phone with my palm. She pointed at me, made a heart and then pointed at the phone. My eyes widened before shaking my head. There was no way I was going to tell him that.
“Alexis are you still there,” Luke asked bringing my attention back to him.
“Yeah, I’m still here,” I answered as Rachel started going through my closet.
“Hey I was wondering if you’re still up for tonight or,” Lucas asked trailing off. Oh my gosh I had totally forgotten about Luke’s race tonight.
“Yes absolutely,” I said jumping as Rachel threw an outfit at me. “You know I never miss one of your races even if I’m mad at you.”
“Great,” he said. I could hear his smile through the phone. “Do you want me to pick you up?”
“Sure, is it alright if Rachel is with us,” I asked him.
“Yeah, of course I’ll pick you guys up in about an hour, okay,” he said. I nodded my head even though I knew he couldn’t see me.
“Yeah, that’s perfect,” I said.
“I’ll see ya in a little way,” he said.
“Yeah see ya,” I answered.
“Love you,” he said before hanging up. I gasped and stared at the phone on shock.
“What’s wrong,” Rachel asked sensing I was about to have a panic attack.
“He said he loved me,” I said still in shock. Rachel rolled her eyes at me and laughed.
“Well I’m glad he finally grew some balls and told you,” she said. I snapped my gaze to hers in shock.
“What do you mean finally,” I asked.
“I mean Luke has been practically in love with you since you went to his first race,” she said.
“Please tell me you’re not just kidding around with me,” I said a smile spreading across my face. She laughed at me again while shaking her head.
“I’m serious Alexis why do you think he makes you come to his race every time,” she said. “You should see how he is at home. He is always stressing about what to wear because he tries to impress you. When we would get home he would hound on me until I tell him what you say about him.”
“Oh my, gosh,” I said starting to panic. “Why didn’t you tell me this before?”
“He made me promise not to tell you,” she said with a shrug as if everything she just said was no big deal.
“C’mon I already picked out your outfit for you to wear,” she said before walking into my closet.


By the time Luke had gotten here Rachel had me looking freaking badass. When we got into the car Luke didn’t look as happy as he sounded on the phone.
“What’s wrong,” I asked him as he stared ahead at the road. Instead of answering me he, just gripped the steering wheel harder and ground his jaw. I bit my lip as I realized just how tense I was.
“Pull over,” I said narrowing my eyes. He spared me a glance before sighing and pulled over. When we had come to a stop I unbuckled my seat and got out of the car. I waited for him to get out as I leaned against the car. When he came around the car his hands were clenched into fists and he looked as if he wanted to hit something.
“Tell me what’s wrong, please,” I said wrapping my arms around his waist. I saw him instantly start to relax as he brought into his arms. I felt him sigh into my hair before answering me.
“A new gang is in town,” he finally said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Although I knew Luke was in a gang –I was actually good friends with a few of them-- I didn’t understand why he was so worried about it. I knew Lucas and he was more than capable of taking care of himself.
“You’ve fought whole gangs by yourself before why is this one so different,” I asked in bewilderment. He ran a hand through his hair angrily before pulling me roughly from the car and from Rachel who was obviously trying to listen in on our conversation. When we came to a stop a little further away from the car I faced him again before waiting for him to speak.
“Well,” he spat out in anger. “It just happens that Nathan is with them. That’s the only reason he moved here. His gang got into a little trouble so they relocated here.”
I pursed my lips to keep from groaning. Just when Luke and I had managed to make up this happens. He had a point though. If Nate was a part of this new gang and he and Rachel started dating that would cause some major problems.
“So what are we going to do,” I asked. “I understand that Nathan is a part of this gang but how do you know that all of them are bad guys. You and the guys are a part of a gang and not one of you is intentionally bad. You just don’t know how to make good choices.”
He smiled at that before his expression turned almost grave.
“These guys aren’t good Alexis,” he said. “I’ve seen them kill for fun and treat girls like they’re friggin’ slaves. I know I said I was fine with Nathan and I am but I’m not letting Rachel anywhere near him until he’s out of that gang.”
I nodded my head before wrapping my arms around you.
“I agree,” I said watching as Lucas let out a relieved breath. “I also think you should talk to Rachel about this though.”
He opened his mouth to reply when Rachel’s voice cut him off.
“Hey guys, look who just pulled up,” she said cheerfully. Just than Nathan walked out from behind her and wrapped an arm around her waist with an almost smug smile. Unlike the last time I saw him at school Nathan now had a gang ring on his finger. Lucas had one just like it. He told me they symbolized loyalty within your gang. It seems Nathan leaving his gang any time soon.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 2 comments.


on Jan. 20 2022 at 3:06 pm
Writtingisamazing BRONZE, Allentown, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
Act as if what you do makes a difference because it does!

Omg you need to write more this is so good could not stop reading

on May. 17 2013 at 10:17 am
Babygirl234 BRONZE, Hancock, Maryland
3 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
love will fine a way

love it please write more:)