Mixed 'N' Matched Love | Teen Ink

Mixed 'N' Matched Love

By iiLov3Yuhhii, Staten Island, New York
iiLov3Yuhhii, Staten Island, New York

One of my new stories - that's kind of old on other sites, but unknown on this one - hope u all like it & do tell me what u think of it & stuff. =)

Drew's POV:

"Drew, are you still asleep?" I heard mom's voice calling from downstairs.

And yes I was. I didn't get the best sleep last night, so I wanted to sleep in late today, but that obviously wasn't part of the plan today.

"Don't you remember you have to meet Nick in the park in fifteen minutes?" dad added.

As soon as I heard those words, I jerked awake and immediately fell out of bed. I quickly took a shower then, put a fresh pair of clothes on, and ran downstairs. Before rushing out of the door, I stuffed some toast from a plate into my mouth and washed it down with some milk from the carton, which I knew my mom didn't like.

"Drew, how many times have I told you not to drink from the carton?" she scolded me. "And have you made your bed yet?"

"I'll make it later, but I really have to go!" I answered it.

Mom was just about to stop me from leaving, when dad luckily stopped her for me.

"He spends so much time with Nick, that he hardly has time for anything else." she complained to him.

"Oh, let him go, honey, he'll be back." dad reassured her.

I ran over to my motorcycle and sat down on it, but then it wouldn't start. So, without trying twice, I jumped off of it and ran to the park, while counting the seconds in my head.

'Damn, I only got two minutes to get there.' I cursed myself.

When I finally got there -- which was three minutes late, I might add -- I found Nick pacing back and forth waiting for me.

"You're late." she stated, once she saw me.

"I know," I told her. "And I'm sorry."

"Let me guess, you overslept again! You called me at like six in the morning to tell me you want to meet me in the park at twelve and you're the one that shows up late."

I couldn't reply back to her this time, I needed to catch my breath first.

"Are you alright?" Nick asked me then, giggling a little.

"Y-yeah...I-I'll be alright."

"Alright, so what'd ya want tell me?"

"What's today's date?" I stood up straight and spoke clearer.

"August twenty nine." she answered me.

"And?" I pressed.

"Saturday?"

"Nick!"

I knew she was probably raising her eyebrow behind that long black hair of hers.

"Are you trying to tell me something?"

"Sixteen years ago, we met on this same park on this same time and instantly became friends, so today just so happens to be our sixteen year old anniversary." I explained to her.

"I thought only girls or couples did that." she commented.

"Well, I guess you don't think of me as a friend."

"Drew, you know that's not true."

I stayed silent, until I heard Nick softly whisper, "I didn't forget anything."

I looked up and saw Nick dangling a silver watch in front of my face.

"You're so emotional." she commented, raising my hand so she could put it on for me.

I pulled her into a hug then and stroked the back of her head softly.

"So, what'd ya get me?" she asked, after we parted.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and picked her up, gently placing her down on a stone ledge behind her. Then I knelt down on one knee and took out two turquoise colored anklets. I put them on for her and then hopped on next to her.

"Thanks so much, dude." she told me.

"Your welcome," I replied. "But, you really didn't have to get me this expensive watch."

"Ah, it's nothing, besides you're always complain' about not knowing the time and this way you'll never arrive late again, well maybe."

"Why do you spend so much money on me?" I turned to face her.

"You're probably the only person who isn't friends with me, just because I'm filthy rich."

"But, promise me you won't spend too much money on my birthday."

"Ok, by the way, have you decided on what you want?" she changed the subject.

"In fact, yes I have." I smiled.

"What is it?"

"For my birthday... I want to see your face."

"Are you sure you don't want anything else?" she looked away.

Nick was kind of the Gothic emo type, so she always hid her face from. I don't know why she did it, but she just did and there was nothing I could do to make her see otherwise.

"Nope." I told her.

"I'll show you my face one day, just not this soon." she said.

"Oh, come on! I don't care what you look like!"

"Well..." she sounded like she was thinking it over, but just as she was about to answer me, her cell started ringing.

"Sorry, Drew, I gotta go." she told me when she was done talking to whoever had called her.

"Ok, but don't forget, you're comin' over my house tonight to celebrate!" I called after her as she started to run back towards her house.

"Alright, see you then!" she yelled back.

Nick's POV:

Tonight, as Drew had said before, we celebrated.

But, instead of celebrating at his house, Drew took me to a club. A club on our anniversary! But, it wasn't just us, a few of Drew's friends came alone, so it was me, Drew, Daniel, Pat, and Cal.

Pat, Cal, and Daniel were all neighbors while Dex lived more close to us. Dex wasn't really the clubbing kind of guy and more of the studying all night even on the weekends type. Sometimes I couldn't help but think he had a crush on my sister, Nyla. And Daniel, well, he had a girlfriend named Anna. The both of us got along really well, since she understood me better than anyone else did.

Anyway, I was pretty much bored the entire time we were there. And the only highlight of the whole night for me was when Drew and the other guys walked over to the bar and ordered this really unfamiliar drink.

I knew that Drew used to drink back in the college days, but he doesn't anymore, unless he went to the club, which obviously was now.

"We'll have some tequilas," Drew said to the bartender "And bottle of Pepsi for her."

"Wait a minute, I wanna have what you guys are having." I protested.

I absolutely hated when the guys treated me as if I were some little girl who couldn't handle anything up to their level, even though they knew very well that I could! I mean, how sexist is that?!

"Sorry, Nick, but I don't think you can handle it." Pat said to me, which I just knew he was going to do.

"Yeah, this drink is for guys only." added Daniel.

"Fine, then I guess I'll just tell Mrs. Mallard where you were tonight and what you did." I threatened then.

Mrs. Mallard was Pat and Cal's mother and she was a very strict one at that.

"Oh come on, Nick, don't be like that!"

"I will be like that! Now give me a telila or whatever."

"It's pronounced tequila." Daniel corrected me.

"Whatever!"

"Let's her have one guys," Drew finally admitted defeat. "If she thinks she can handle it, then I think so too."

Drew taught me how to drink it. First you gotta put something in your mouth, I forgot what it was, I think it was a lemon. Then, you gotta drink the margarita real fast and shake your head, while doing that.

It tasted pretty disgusting to me at first.

"I told you you wouldn't like it." Drew said to me.

"Let me have another one." I just retorted back.

After having like two or three more, I got like seriously drunk. I wasn't completely aware of anything I was doing, but I could someone hear and understand what the guys were going on about.

"We should've gotten her drunk long before." I heard Pat say first.

My eyes flashed over to Drew and I could see a frown plastered over his face. He wasn't happy, but who knows why.

He came over to me and said, "Come on, I'm taking you home."

"No, I wanna dance." I slurred out.

Drew apparently wouldn't take no for an answer. I felt him lift me up and carry me out of the club. He put me in his car and drove me home. But, not my home, his house. We lived right next to each other and our balconies faced each other. So, he and I would often climb over to each other's window.

"Mom, Nick's sleepin' over at our house tonight!" Drew called down.

"Ok, I'll call her mom and let her know." she replied.

"Alright!"

Drew set me down on his bed and pulled the covers up.

"But, Drew, I don't wanna sleep! I wanna dance. I wanna another margarita!" I said.

Drew sat down on the bed.

"No, you don't Nick," he sighed. "I never should've taken you there in the first place. It was stupid and idiotic of me and I promise you it'll never happen again."

"Why do you care about me so much?" I asked him, sitting up.

"I don't know." he said softly.

I actually already knew the answer, but I was drunk so for some reason I still bothered to ask.

I giggled at that and laid back down on the pillow. Drew turned off the light and I closed my eyes as he changed his clothes. He then laid down on the pillow next to me and pulled the covers up around him. We always slept over at each other's house, so I didn't mind sleeping on the same bed as Drew, because I knew he would never try anything.

I felt Drew's warm fingertips on my forehead and I knew immediately what he was planning.

I grabbed a hold of his wrist and pushed it away.

"Don't even think about it Drew, I may be drunk, but I'm not stupid."

"Fine, I'll wait." he sighed.

"Good."

I turned over to my side and cuddled closer to Drew, and I felt him wrap his arm around my waist.

I knew that Drew could never like or love me the way that I did, but it was still a lot of fun being this close to him sometimes.

Nick's POV:

When I woke up the next morning, I noticed Drew was still asleep. He looked so cute sleeping next to me with his arms wrapped protectively around me. I sat up carefully as I could to not wake him up.

And that's when my eyes landed on a glass of water that Drew's mom probably put during the middle of the night for us on the table next to me. For a second, I thought about drinking it, but then I thought of something much more fun.

I grinned mischievously, but just as I was about to go through with my plan and drop the now cold water on him, I felt Drew swiftly grab my hand.

It all happened so quickly, I barely had enough time to gasp out loud at how tightly he held it.

"I may be asleep, but I'm not stupid." he muttered with his eyes still shut, but with a sly smile starting to creep up on the edge of his lips.

"When did you wake up?" I asked him curiously, feeling his fingers slip away from my wrist.

"Way earlier than you." Drew opened his eyes and sat up straight.

I could his feel his eyes on me then with a penetrating stare in them.

"What?" I asked him.

"Nothing, it’s just,” he sighed deeply. “It’s weird how I’m like your best friend ever and you can’t even tell me your secrets.”

"That’s ‘cause they’re way too personal!" I shouted.

"Well, maybe that’s why they’re called secrets.”

"I'm sorry, but I just can't." I told him.

"Why not?" he pouted.

"They're just too…” I tried to find the right words to put. “Difficult for you to understand,” I finally decided with that. "I’m sorry.”

Drew sighed again and his eyes turned softer.

"Come on, you can trust me," he continued on. "Why is it difficult? You know I care so much about you, right? So why is it so hard for you to just tell me? And besides who do you think took you home after you got drunk for the first time? Huh? That's right, it was me!"

I looked up at him. My voice felt strained and it was getting really difficult for me to continue this conversation.

"I'm sorry, Drew, but now is just not the right time! Maybe-maybe when we're a little older, I'll fill ya in on what happened. Alright?"

I stopped and something dawned on me then. Drew had just said something, something important, something crucial, something I wasn’t supposed to miss, but sorta did.

“What?” I said.

“What?” he repeated back.

”What did you just now say?”

“What? I didn’t say anythin’!”

Drew all of a sudden got a weird look on his face and I knew that something was definitely up.

I thought over the things Drew had just now said to me and suddenly remembered that important and crucial word that he had just used on me.

And besides who do you think took you home after you got drunk for the first time? Huh? That's right, it was me!

“Wait, I got drunk?” I asked sadly.

Drew sighed before answering, “Remember I took you clubbing last night for our anniversary? Well, you insisted on having a margarita ‘cause me and all the other guys were having some. And I’m so sorry; I was being so careless and stupid! You got drunk off of it. I’m really sorry, Nick, I know I shouldn’t have let drunken it in the first place and in fact, I promise – no, I swear, I’m never taking you back there ever again!”

I thought over what he said and nodded, understanding.

“Hey, accidents happen.” I told him.

”So, we’re cool?” he asked hopefully.

“Yeah, we’re cool.” I smiled.

I sighed happily then as I felt Drew’s arms wrap around me in a tight and warm embrace.

“Alright, well, I better get home and change out of these clothes.” I said, pulling back.

I got up, but a sudden wave of dizziness sent me back down again.

“Hey, are you ok?” Drew asked me worriedly.

“Yeah, I’m fine, just feelin’ a little dizzy, is all.”

“You want me to take you home, instead?”

”No, no, it’s alright.”

I got up again, but a little slower this time and made my way towards Drew’s balcony. I sat down on the ledge backwards and then carefully swung my legs over on the other side. I was used to doing this already, so my eyes were carefully not to look down and at the tiny dots of people walking and cars moving along.

I walked smoothly and perfectly across the gray stone bridge that separated Drew’s house from mine and over to the ledge of my own balcony. Doing the same, I drew my legs over the ledge and onto the balcony.

Turning around, I saw Drew’s eyes on me, making sure I had gotten across carefully and had not fallen like this one other time.

I was ok and happy with that, he smiled and waved to me. I waved back and left him to enter my own house and get ready to go down for some breakfast.

This book has 1 comment.

on Mar. 29 2013 at 7:56 am
FallenAngel170198 GOLD, Bundaberg, Other
Love it, this is really good. Write more please :D