the starving war | Teen Ink

the starving war

By lolkid23, Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania
lolkid23, Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania

I am billy i have been in this stupid war for so long i grew a dang berd. Yea i white man with a beard that's how long. My mom sends me a couple old written letters my good ole dad don't ever right back. And it's been so old i got a limp. Yea i am very very very cold and our food supply have been super duper low and i don't know  how long i can go without any more food because it's really bugging me that they won't just send that dang blastin food and i want it now.

My good ole dad finally replied to my letter. Said ¨billy all the trucks are being taken sorry you got no food. If things get really bad come home, we have a lot of food waiting here for you.

I'm glad he sent the letter but i can't take up the offer. Only because i am in the army and if i left i go to jail and will probably be there for life. But to be honest the jail would most likely be better than this cold, smelly, rotten place (smells like dead people btw) but that his still not a good enough reason to go and leave this place i wanted to go and serve for my country because i felt it was one of my only ways to feel free from home.

We found out what has being going on we got our food. But they said there are now spies down in our winter camp but known of us seem to known what or who it is to be inside our camp. In my opinion i think there are at least 12 to 13 people in our camp and we can't afford to be attacked. Mostly because in this type of weather because most of our soldiers got frostbite, or are ¨starving¨ of hunger. We tried to go to the farm and ask them for food but for the most part we are so dead. Because our camp can not make any money to give us clothes but can make enough to get all the stuff they need in life to survive and make money to get fire buy good food not eat other people's shoes that died( witch his really good when you are hungry just a fyi)

Can't believe we really did run out of food in our regiment  poor E.D. did not make it he died last week from starvation his folks was really nice wish i could tell them what happened they send a bunch of letter to him every day they can his little girl was only 5 and now has to grow up without a dad it's gonna be hard for her it was hard for me because i turned out like a weak limp piece of crap i am gonna tell him when we win.

Rip E.D.

Sorry i could not right down in a while we had a huge fire at my camp set by one of the spies caught him but the other one got away and now we have a whole army right outside of our camp like i said we are not in so good condition. I tried to say hey let's try and surrender but nobody listens to me because of my skin color. One shot got fired we really did not known nobody but me. It as joey who shot and of course they all shot at him and the little war began.We lost almost a whole 2,000 soldiers because he shot i'm not gonna say who because i am not sure yet. Most of my friends have Survived the fight just with some bad injuries we lost that little fight because we did not have clothes to wear or blood to move with. But we are going to go head towards them again with the people we still have to fight