Stolen Voices Buried Secrets | Teen Ink

Stolen Voices Buried Secrets

January 12, 2017
By WhisperTwistedTruthsToMe BRONZE, Coweta, Oklahoma
More by this author
WhisperTwistedTruthsToMe BRONZE, Coweta, Oklahoma
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
The flower that blooms in the face of adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.


The author's comments:

Be forewarned almost every chapter will end in a mystery. Mostly because it is worked on like crazy at night and I don't have time to work on it during the day. Thanks loves <3

Stolen Voices Buried Secrets
 


Dear Journal,

I said I would talk about the dreams that still plagued me from the worst period in my life and trust me I have but every single day seemed to plague me worse than the last and eventually I just stopped trying because no one would ever understand what I had endured and the only ones who did were dead or on the run. People try to do things to make the moments better but they can’t stop the moments I feel like I can’t breathe in or the moments when I feel surrounded by people screaming and that no one tries to even look up. Those days are the easy ones. Other days I just simply am left to the moments when I can literally only scream and do worse things. Those days are the mild ones and on the worst ones I can’t even describe what happens. I guess in a journal at least people won’t know what happened and won’t give me anymore pity than they already have. Everyone either looks at me with pity or with sympathy... It just wasn’t fair. See than there are the few people who deem me as the reason that Victory Mental Asylum even came to town. I was six years old when I had walked away from my front yard with a stranger but in a small town that was fine and I hadn’t thought of the dangers of it. I was no longer Phoenix... At least so I was told by him. His name or what people called him was Arsen. There were a few people there and it was clear after a short time that they were into science or something. They all wore white lab coats and had goggles on all the time. The first few days were the worst. They had this medicine they called Serum Angelo. It always felt like my veins were on fire. I would scream and cry and all they did was shush me and tell me I wasn’t learning very well. By the time they stopped injecting me with the weird medicine things were happening in my head and around me and I didn’t understand and it terrified me. The first to go were the doctors. The weird shadow things jumping in and out of their bodies and they would slump to the ground in just a limp form. That’s when I met Alley. Alley was one of the shadows. She had helped me escape while everyone was down. It had been a stormy night and the forest ground was just mud and of course me being me I was falling in it and trying my best to just keep running. I ran until I couldn’t anymore and I just slumped down and cried. I wanted to go home… But I didn’t know what home was… I didn’t even really know who I was. They had renamed me and they sent in Harley every single time I tried to fight them and Harley… Well Harley was mean. He liked to hit people and make me cry. He wasn’t much older than me but they had done something to him they hadn’t done to me anymore and I was desperate to not deal with him at all so I became Jax. After a while I didn’t remember my own name or who I was but I didn’t care. First came Harley. If I remember right they ended up killing Harley. I think he had tried to escape but he didn’t get far and the head of the group or well they called them the disciplinary group ended up beating him to the point his small body just gave out on him. Then came Angelo. Angelo was only 8 years old and never as bad as Harley who was two years older than me. He actually tried to protect me and after all he disappeared. I never found out what happened to him but unlike Harley who had been what I called boot stomped in front of me I didn’t dare to ask. Anyway by the time anyone found me wandering the forsaken forest I looked as bad as I felt. They had brought me to the hospital but it looked like the place I had been held and so I ended up lashing out and ending up here. That is a story for another day though.

Sincerely,
Phoenix

Of course it ended with me hitting the metal desk of which I was writing on and letting out a frustrated and honestly scared scream. I was shaking my head causing my brightly colored hair to swirl out around me. I had colored it shortly after arriving her. It started off red, then went to purple and finally a bright blue. I was the first to admit I wasn’t the most beautiful person. I turned looking into my mirror at the reflection that I still didn’t associate myself with. She had high risen cheek bones and red lips. Her eyes were soft but always fearful and always sad. The color made it easier to understand. Blue. Blue like waves that were always given to the land and then ripped away. 

Alley let out a laugh from where she sat on my bed, “You know if you keep screaming like they will never let you out of here.”

I whipped around on her causing my curly hair to swing over my shoulder as it typically did, “You shut up! You are the reason I am locked up in here!”

Alley was beautiful in every single aspect. Her hair was as black as night and her features made her even more striking. She had silver eyes. Yes it sounded weird but it was beautiful on her. She was pale, which then again so was I. We both matched the color of paper. She had the most noticeable features both in her breast and just in her most innocent pure beauty, “Oh come on. We are stuck her together so we might as well not fight about it. They won’t ever let us out. Well you anyway. I am a shadow I can go anywhere I wa-“

She was cut off by the buzzer outside my door and my door being opened, “Alright Phoenix you have a few visitors down in the visiting room.” It one of the few people I liked here. Mika. He never teased me about what I saw or my past and always tried his best to take care of me.

My eyebrows rose a little bit in disbelief, “Me? The crazy one in Frost Creek?”

He nodded and I followed beside him for a moment before he stopped in front of the door allowing me in and he stayed right outside after closing the door, “Yes and you had better behave or the doctors will have you in the med bay before you ever open your eyes.”

I simply nodded as I turned looking at the two males in the room. I didn’t recognize them but looking from appearance one of them was a bit more flamboyant and one was a bit shyer in how he was dressed. The first one had black hair that was spiked up in the front and had one a black t-shirt with black jeans. The second one had lighter brown hair and a white sweater with plain old blue jeans, “Who are you?”

Alley cackled from the corner causing my head to snap to the side, “Ask them if they are from Hydra! They are probably coming back to finish off what they started.”

I glared in her direction in the corner of the room, “I am not asking them that! Seriously I am not. You just shut up for ten minutes. It is rude when we have guests here to act in such a manner.”

Both men looked rather shocked at my outburst that I couldn’t help but laugh. The one on the left with the black hair spoke up, “My name is Tony Stark and this is Bruce Banner. We have come to interview you for a possible position in the avengers.”

I stared at him for a moment, “Wait.. You want me out of here?”
 



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.