Stepping Out | Teen Ink

Stepping Out

By Avita-Wilder BRONZE, Gainesville, Florida
Avita-Wilder BRONZE, Gainesville, Florida

"The day I stop dreaming is the day I stop living"

Summary:

Cordelia watched him as he left the building and walked towards his car. She held herself against the wall as she wanted to run after him and leave this adventure behind her. As his car slowly pulled out she turned around and walked once more to the room where Ryker Swallow stood. Pushing the door open she walked into the room where all of the eyes were on her including the boy whose eyes were wide with surprise. She had picked him...even though he was a Six. Her officer walked towards her holding the clipboard once again. She held out a pen and pointed to a dotted line that was at the end of the page. Taking the pen in her’s she signed her name with gusto, willing life to take her where it wanted. She then watched as the same officer brought the paper over to Ryker where he wrote a simple X on the line. In that quiet moment they were paired. She knew that there would be no celebration, no party where all her friends would be, but still in that moment she felt at peace with the decision that she had made.

RebeccaHogan

Stepping Out