One Shot | Teen Ink

One Shot

January 20, 2012
By Sniper, Guilford, Indiana
More by this author
Sniper, Guilford, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
My favorite qoute is " My enemys never win because I never lose" I created that not too long ago.


I’m in my gillie suit in the dark dense forest, it is nighttime. I radio Clay who is on the far east side of the forest. “Hey Clay what do u see?”.

“Nothing yet, base said that the target isn’t supposed to show up yet we got at least 15 minutes,” he says. That gives me a lot of time to set up my silenced M40 sniper rifle and get everything set up so I will be ready to take the shot. It seems like it was just yesterday I was in the recruiting center getting nagged by the recruiter. “Micheal, he is coming, third vehicle!” my spotter said to me as I went back to reality. “Zackoroff is in the third vehicle, Black SUV,” my spotter says to me.

“I see him now,” said Micheal. Zackoroff is the person that I have been hunting for two years. He is wanted for biochemical warfare. He set off a bomb in London killing thousands of people, including my brother who was visiting my aunt and uncle and now, I have the one chance I have been waiting for to take this bastard out. “Adjust your scope and calibrate your rifle the wind is getting a little choppy.” “Wait till you know you have the shot.” He is entering the building now, I don’t have the shot he entered the building were going to have to relocate,” I say. “Alright I know a spot but it is going to be dangerous Micheal, HQ never said to risk your life they just said take the shot when you know you can.” “I know but I know I can do it how dangerous is it going to be?” “I hope you’re right Micheal.” “Trust me I’m sure.” I say to Clay. “Okay, first you need to go down the hill tell me when you get there” “Okay.” I say. I grab my rifle and start to walk down the hill, I check my surroundings I look left and right. I start to walk across the bend of the hill when I get interrupted.

“Micheal stop, there is a check point up ahead you might need to get in the weeds to avoid confrontation.” “I just got a hold of HQ and the captain said no casualties he just wants Zackoroff dead but do what ever you can to not get yourself killed.” I crawl under the fence and into the weeds as I get to the end of the weeds I pull out my rifle so I can get a better view of what I’m dealing with. I hear gunshots sounds like Dragunov sniper rifles. I look to my left and I see a captain barking orders at the new recruits. “Clay I see a H.V.T(High Value target) should I take him out?” “I don’t think that is a smart idea did you not notice all the recruits there all packing AK 47's you cant take them all on.” “True but there green as grass.” I say “As a friend I say no I don’t want you getting killed.” “Well what should I do?” I ask. “Well the only other option is sneaking past them there is Barracks off to the west, I will tell you when you can move just wait for the captain to move or turn around then move .” “Yuri what do you think your doing!” I turn around where the yelling was coming from apparently I think Yuri got out of formation or something but it sure got the captains attention. “Micheal this is your chance move now!” I get up and sprint over to the barracks I open the door and quietly close.

“Alright I’m in.” The gunshots were get louder. “Clay who is shooting?” “There is a firing range right next to you need to go prone when you go by the window, and watch out there is a patrol coming towards you.” I lay down and I start to crawl toward the exit, I hear footsteps then the creaking door opens I roll under one of the beds. I see four feet they are speaking in a foreign accent I think its Russian. One of the men is right by me I hold my breath I see his knees start to bend. Crap he is going to spot me thoughts go through my head how I am going to kill him. Then I hear a bell ring it must be dinner time or something. Then I see the four feet leave I breath a sigh of relief. I crawl out of underneath the bed. “Don’t worry I’m still here.”I say. “Good thought you left, alright now you need to get out of there its dinner time and after dinner is over they go to make their beds.” Clay said. “Your on your own I got relocate because I cant see you anymore.” I sit up not standing up but in a crouching position. I move my body against the wall and duck my head every time I go past a window. I put my my M40 on its strap and put it around my shoulder and pulled out my silenced MK23 pistol for close range in case something doesn’t go well. I make it to the door and radio clay. “Clay I made it to the door where do I need to go now?” “Bad news you need to find a way to get past the firing range.” “But with you it should be easy.” “Okay.” I say. I go prone laying down in the dirt and weeds as I crawl across the barricade that supports the targets to stand up. I make it to the end and radio clay. “Clay where do I go now?” “You need to make it up to the rooftops there is ladder on the building to your right where maintenance was fixing the roof after the storm.” “But there is a problem.” “What is that?” I say. “The people that were on the roof didn’t fully fix it and the roof may give away.” That’s great I say to myself. I sneak past two guards that were looking the other way. I could have killed them if I had the right mind to. I climb up the ladder really slow and make my way to the roof. “Clay I’m on the roof where do I go now?” “You need to make your way to the other side to jump off the building then you need to climb up the guard tower but there is a guard up there.” “When you make it up the guard tower you should have a clear view of Zackoroff and his employers.” I lay down and crawl out into the open luckily for me there is a bridge that connects the two buildings together. I stand up and crouch so I can move across the bridge faster, after I cross the bridge I jump off the building and into the grass.

I check my surroundings to see if there were any soldiers around. I climb up the guard tower I put my pistol away. I stop before I get to the top and Clay was right that there is a guard in there but he is sleeping. I climb up as quietly as I can then was a loud creaking noise coming from the wood I just stepped on. Then I see the guard slowly move grunting as he gets up. I jump on the ledge and jump on the roof of the guard tower. I see the guard looking over the ledge searching for the noise then he disappears. I hesitate because I need to get off the top of this guard tower somehow. I jump off the top backwards and as I’m falling I grab the ledge and hoping to god that the wood doesn’t fall off as it supports my body weight. I peek over the ledge to see the guard he is asleep again. I need to find a way to take him out but not kill him. I slowly go behind him and wrap my arms around his neck he starts to grunt and I put my hand over his mouth. After five seconds I finally choke him out. I slowly put him back into his chair so it wont cause any suspicion. “Clay where should I look for?” “You need to look for the black building shouldn’t be hard to find.” he says. “Okay I see it which floor though ?” “Third floor look for the man wearing a red bow tie he is a smug bastard so you can also look for the person that is yelling at everybody.” I pull out my M40 sniper rifle and set it up against the ledge so I can have support of keeping my gun from shaking. I look down the scope and spot him. “Clay I see him.” “You need to take a picture of him so I can send it to HQ.” Clay says. I put my rifle down and pull out my DEV-5 so I can take a picture. I snap a picture and send it to clay. “HQ we need you to confirm if this is general Zackoroff.” “Roger that echo-niner give us a second to confirm.”HQ says. “We have a positive that is general Zackoroff tell your sniper that he can take the shot.” “Micheal HQ confirmed and said that you can take him out.” I raise up my sniper rifle and adjust my rifle and my scope then I raise my cross-hairs to his head. Finally, I have been waiting to take him out for years and he is going to pay for what he did in London. I start to squeeze the trigger when my spotter interrupts me.“Micheal I know your anxious to take the shot but don’t let your anger get the best of you and just relax and do what you do best.” I thought of his words carefully I take a deep breath and use T.B (tactical breathing) to slow down my heart almost where it starts to skip beats during the skip is when your supposed to shoot. I squeeze the trigger and fire with my eyes still looking through the scope and I watch as the bullet fly’s out of my barrel, like it was in slow motion. I watch as the bullet shatters the window and he turns around but it was to late for him the bullet goes right between his eyes and as he falls down to the floor I realize that all those people that died, all the family’s that wiped of the death of their loved ones, all the damage he did to London its not going to go away that’s when I snap back to reality.

There are alarms going off and people yelling.
“Micheal you need to get out of there I’m going to call in a helicopter.”Clay says. “HQ we need you to send a helicopter to our position!” “Coordinates 121east, mark23 west, do you copy, we have heavy forces coming to our position!” “We copy you we are sending in the birds to your position radio alpha charlie(the helicopter) for estimated time.”HQ says. “Alpha charlie this is echo team we need a estimate we have heavy forces coming to our position when you come you may need to bring that rain.” “I’m sorry echo team we aren’t fitted with weapons estimated time for pickup 10 minutes.” “HQ this is echo-niner we need you to send a osprey(Osprey is a large attack carrier gunship) to bring some rain.”Clay says. “We copy that echo-niner the osprey is inbound.”HQ says. “Micheal you need to fall back to my position I will set off the flare.” I look for the flare in the sky and I look to the right and see a green light. “How is that right, the flare is right in the open.” “Crap that means that he is right in the open.” I say. I slide down the ladder and run towards the flare. I sprint my heart is beating faster, and faster, the I start to hear the gunshots it isn’t coming from the front I look behind me and a army is rushing right a me. I finally make it to Clay who is fending for his life. He is wrestling with a terrorist I take out my MK23 and shoot the terrorist one time in the head and his body collapses.

“Thank god you came when you did Micheal couple more seconds and I would probably be the one on the ground.”Clay says. “Yeah but we have bigger problems right now.”I say. “Like what?” Micheal says. “Well for one there is a army, and two there coming right at us!” “Oh okay then I will get on the machine gun I mounted up against the sandbags, and I will suppress them with my M4.”Clay says.

I get on the light machine gun and look down the sights. I start to shoot the enemy soldiers, they try to run to cover but I shoot them one by one, I’m in the zone, my heart starts to beat faster, my adrenaline starts to rush through my body.”I'm going to pop the smoke so that alpha charlie know where we are at.” Clay throws the smoke and it releases a green smoke into the sky. Then I hear something as I stop shooting. “Clay what is that?”I say. The sound gets louder. “Well um that is a tank.” I look in front of me and see the Russian tank. I look at Clay, “We should probably run.”Clay says.

He picks up the green smoke and carries it with him. We dart to the secondary extraction point, bullets whizzing by us, then I see Clay fall to the ground, and I stop. I pick him up and put his body over my shoulders and keep running. I throw the green smoke near the river. I keep running, stop, and put Clay’s body behind a tree to keep him from getting shot. “Clay where are you hurt?!” “It’s my shoulder I’ve been shot.”Clay says. I pull off his gillie suit and look at his wound. I pull out my first aid kit and grab some wrap. “Clay you need to put pressure on the wound, I’m calling in a boat transport.”I say. “But you cant hold them off all by yourself.” Clay says. “I wont have to the osprey should be here in like five minutes.” I say. I call HQ “HQ do you copy?”I say. “This is HQ we copy go ahead.” “I need a immediate transport we have a man down, I repeat we have a man down!” I say. “We have a boat transport already on the way it should be there in 30 seconds.”HQ says. “Roger that .”I say. “Clay a boat transport is already on the way it should be here in 30 seconds.”I say. Clay doesn’t respond but he nods his head. “Just hang in there buddy.” I grab Clay’s secondary weapon his lucky M14. I grabbed his M14 so I don’t have to reload every time I shoot. I look down the sights of the M14 and I see a lot of bad guys. I keep looking down the scope and start shooting I kill one after the other, while bullets are flying by my head but I don’t care, their going to pay for shooting Clay, I keep shooting. Then I hear something I look behind me and see the boat. “Get him to the medics now, tell them that he is shot in the shoulder!” I say. The soldier says “Yes sir!” and grabs Clay’s body and carries him onto the boat. I watch as the boat speeds off and then I get back to the combat. I shoot and shoot, then I hear a sound ‘click’. “No, its out I cant use my M40 or I will be dead in no time.” I say to myself. I pull out my pistol still trying to hold them off. I don’t even aim but I don’t care, then I hear another clicking noise. “No, no, no this isn’t happening I’m out of ammo.” I say to myself. The tank gets closer and closer. I sink down behind the log out of ammo and out of hope, then I look over at the enemy’s because I hear something, then I see the tank explode with metal chunks and shrapnel flying everywhere. I breathe a sigh of relief, “It’s the osprey then I see the soldiers running in fear back to their base most of them don’t make it. I see corpses fall lifelessly onto the dirt and grass. Then I see the helicopter fly down to rescue me. I hear the pilot say “Get in!!”. I run over to the helicopter that is just above the ground, I grab Clay’s lucky M14 make a running jump. I jump, and reach for the railing of the helicopter hanging by one hand. The co pilot gets out of his seat and grabs my other hand while the pilot tries to keep the helicopter straight. Then I hear “RPG, RPG!!!” The helicopter spins out of control, I fall off the ledge and fall to the ground below and everything is blurry, I see a man approach me and I slip into unconsciousness.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 3 comments.


macarr7 said...
on Feb. 2 2012 at 10:13 pm
macarr7, Lake Havasu City, Arizona
0 articles 0 photos 2 comments
A good book needs a few tweaks here and there I just wish you made more drawn out building up to the climax.

Sniper said...
on Jan. 25 2012 at 1:19 pm
Sniper, Guilford, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
My favorite qoute is " My enemys never win because I never lose" I created that not too long ago.

Please people who read my book send some comments to help me improve on the sequel of this book im making thx:)

Sniper said...
on Jan. 25 2012 at 7:20 am
Sniper, Guilford, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
My favorite qoute is " My enemys never win because I never lose" I created that not too long ago.

This is my first book so dont go too harsh