Holmes Academy | Teen Ink

Holmes Academy

December 7, 2010
By A.C.Worsham GOLD, Cocoa, Florida
A.C.Worsham GOLD, Cocoa, Florida
15 articles 0 photos 19 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We can't just slay the dragon with our bear hands!"
"Yeah, we need gloves!"
-Spongebob


Summary:

Holmes Academy, a special school for children trained in the powers of detail and discrepancy. It is a school for modern day detectives and snoops. A school where on the way to class you get lost in secret passages, have to solve riddles to get through doors, and study poisons and murderous weapons and the art of clue finding.

Angie Hilversum, a strange and straightforward girl with an obsession with snow globes and yellow rain boots is invited to attend the school by personal invitation of Dean Ames. She gets a full scholarship which causes upset on campus, but also curiosity to why this girl was special enough to be invited.

Angie meets several people along the way, including friend Jenna Brevies, a terribly shy girl who dislikes being sent to a school for detectives; Will Porter, an upperclassmen who is the big snoop and gossiper around Holmes Academy; Chaz and Diana Sylvan, two stuck up rich twins who can’t stand Angie because of the so-called favoritism she got from Dean Ames.

Besides classes, fights, and the occasional having detention monitored by a basset hound, a boy dies in his bed and it is summed up as a suicide. Angie is the first on the case, the first to conclude that it couldn’t have been suicide, but that there was a murder in Holmes Academy.


A.C.Worsham

Holmes Academy


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 25 comments.


on Jan. 30 2011 at 6:09 pm
Lilybird SILVER, Lexington, Massachusetts
8 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
sometimes you put up walls not to keep people out, but to see who cares to break them down.

Wow! This is really good, I love it! Please write more!

on Jan. 21 2011 at 2:42 pm
byebyebirdy BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
1 article 0 photos 41 comments

Favorite Quote:
They change every day. Today's is this: "But sometimes the sun has been up for a long time and we just refuse to open the curtains." ~the woman I met on the street that one time.

This is really super cool! write more please :)

on Jan. 15 2011 at 3:26 pm
aspiringauthor_ BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut
1 article 0 photos 324 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." - MLK Jr.

Write more! I loved it! :)

on Dec. 29 2010 at 12:04 pm

This is so good, hurry up and write more

 


on Dec. 25 2010 at 10:22 am
Internal-Love PLATINUM, Queens, New York
33 articles 3 photos 310 comments

Favorite Quote:
Nothing's black or white, its all just a shade of gray---

















TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

this idea sounds like a REALLY cool mystery novel!! Good job!!