SuperNOVA | Teen Ink

SuperNOVA

By Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina
Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

Summary:

John Lange was your typical New York detective. At least, that's what he's been told. The only thing Lange can remember is getting caught in a near fatal explosion, and now his ex-wife's employers, an organization known only as Project NOVA, have become his only lifeline. No one's willing to tell the whole truth, and no one can be trusted. NOVA's own operatives have been disappearing, and someone on the outside has been watching Lange for a long, long time.

But before Lange can investigate the secretive Project NOVA, he's going to have to learn the truth about himself. And the secrets John Lange's own mind hides may yet make this case his last!

Frank C.

SuperNOVA

Matt C. said...
Good job lil bro we're all proud of you =)

Leann14 GOLD said...
Leann14 GOLD, DeGraff, Ohio
Well I can't wait for more!

on Dec. 27 2010 at 11:57 am

Thank you, I will be updating the TeenInk page for the novel after the completion of the novel.

mothom_maste said...
on Dec. 27 2010 at 10:12 am
mothom_maste, Cary, North Carolina
This is a great novel, cant wait till the next chapter

For those of you just joining us, here are the chapter titles for the next five chapters of SuperNOVA, three of which have never been revealed before!

11- Doctor's Orders

12- Child's Play

13- Graveyard Shift

14- Election Day

15- Stranded

Thanks man, I put a lot of work into it :D

Kkrto said...
Best teen ink

on Dec. 26 2010 at 9:59 am

Currently the chapters are being written with a self-imposed length limit, and I'm attempting to get all of the chapters complete before going back from the beginning and extending scenes and rewriting dialogue etc. That should offer the description and detail you desire :D Also, once the novel enters its second act, things should slow down somewhat, at least enough for a number of the various plots to level off and connect to eachother.

on Dec. 26 2010 at 9:57 am

Thank you for your lengthy comment, I'm very grateful for it. First of all, I do agree that the style is very fast paced, this was intentional, at least for this draft-- I set out to write the novel as a series of short vignettes.

on Dec. 26 2010 at 8:46 am
DiamondsIntheGrass GOLD, Martinsville, New Jersey

Worry is simply a misuse of the imagination.

okay. i've read all the chapters in one sitting, and since there are no other chapters tempting me, I can actually comment.  first off, amazing plot!  very enticing.  lots of intriguing stuff.  but it feels like there are a lot of extranious information, and being that the plot is paced so quickly, it is hard to keep up.  also, it could use a little more description.  sort of bring the readers more into the story, and simultaneously give us a chance to digest all the information you just tossed at us. yep. and before the 'omg' twists ("we were going ot assassinate the future president of the united states") give a little more hints, so its not like "WOW where did that come from?" or at least not as much.  but this story is awesome, the endings of each chapter are amazing, and you have TALENT and potential. 

i would love it if you could take a look and comment on some of my work. thanks!

Thank you all for your continued support of SuperNOVA, and I'd like to announce that I intend to update the novel with the remaining forty chapters upon their completion so that the novel may be available to read in its entirety. In the meantime, I will continue to post teasers and details in the comment section!

¡Por supuesto! Yo soy muy trabajadora.

Espanol said...
¡Felicidades! Te cagas en los competidores. Traduzcas que, por favor.

Mi libro es numero uno.

Well, sir, it is certainly my pleasure! Thank you for the comment :D

Espanol said...
Vale, vale. Pienso el libro "SuperNOVA" es muy interesante. 

My fellow scholar, thanks for the great read!

Yo soy muy artistico. A mi me gusta escribir cuentos.

Gee, thanks, I think! I'm glad you're enjoying the story and thank you for the comment, it is very appreciated!

Yo my homeboy this ishh as hot as the coal mines in the mofuggin' Sierra Leone!