Shadow Hunters | Teen Ink

Shadow Hunters

May 15, 2018
By InkPal2000, St. Johns, Florida
More by this author
InkPal2000, St. Johns, Florida
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

 It is a crisp autumn day as the breezy winds sweep through the tall buildings of the city. Red and orange leaves scatter onto the ground in piles. People are bustling in the city streets, where nearby car honks and emergency vehicles are heard in the distance. In only a few days until Halloween, the Research Center of the Establishment of Zoology in New York City make major success on finding new data on animals and collecting new research, but what the scientists don’t know is a new study will not only destroy their beloved city, but it will change the world forever.
A man in his 20’s in a lab coat staggers down the hallway of the laboratory bumping into other scientists as he passes by. He stops facing the door of Mrs. Wilkins office clutching papers in his right hand and a plastic bug box in his left. Adjusting his glasses, he looks down at the plastic bug box in his hand and knocks on the door.
“Mrs. Wilkins, may I come in? I ensure you that this is very important news.” 
He pushes his glasses up with his shoulder and loses his grip on a few papers. Hastily bending down picking up the dropped papers that got away, he sees black heels in front of him. He looks up slowly scanning her from her feet until he locks eyes with her.
“What is it Nick?”
Nick properly stands back up and clears his throat. “Mrs. Wilkins, our lab has done it again. Thanks to our lab success in the past few years, I am honored to announce to you that we are the first scientists to see a brand new spider species.”  He shows her the plastic bug box patting it with a smile. “Now I would love to go into further detail with you inside, so may I please come in?”
“Of course,” She steps back from the door. “please, come in.”
“Thank you.” Nick walks inside and Mrs. Wilkins closes the door behind him.
“So the lab is going to be researching a new spider that no one has ever seen before?”  She asks.
Nick places the box on the desk along with the stack of papers. “That’s right!” He points at the plastic box. “Inside this box will not only bring out new research, but the lab will be famous for being a part of this investigation!”
“Well this is exciting!”  Mrs. Wilkins looked at him with delight. “Can I have a look at it?”
“Go ahead.” He gestures her to come over and she bends down closer looking inside the box. Inside is a hair-less black spider the size of a strawberry crawling around in the corner of the plastic box. A white symbol is on its body.
“It has a white skull on its body…”  Mrs. Wilkins studies the spider moving closer to try to get a better look.
“Yes, I have seen it too.” Nick replied. “Interesting, isn’t it?” He gets down to her level looking with her inside the plastic box. “Think it could mean anything?”
“Maybe…” they both stand up straight at the same time. “Well we won’t know just standing here; take it to the scientists downstairs.”
“Yes Mrs. Wilkins, right away.” Nick grabs the blue plastic handle on the box and heads for the door.
“Nick, wait!”
Nick stops at the sound of her voice grasping the door. “Yes?”
Mrs. Wilkins point to him the papers on her desk. “What is all this?” she tilts her head pinching her fingers lifting a corner of one of the papers.
“That’s the papers you wanted me to print out for you about the upcoming lunar eclipse.”
Mrs. Wilkins peeks at the papers acknowledging her understanding towards him. “Oh okay, thank you Nick.”
Nick nods his head in reply, and closes the door behind him.
Mrs. Wilkins grazes her hand on top of the fresh printed papers before she grabs a paper from the top of the pile. “Lunar Eclipse 2055,” She reads aloud to herself. “Is said to be seen at its best in New York this year.” She sits in her desk chair, her eyes not leaving the paper. “Redder than ever before as it turns into the famous “blood moon” on October 28th.”  She reads learning more about the upcoming lunar eclipse going through article after article.
“Mrs. Wilkins?” a masculine voice calls out revealing a monitor line from the intercom hologram on her desk.
She answers it by pressing down on one of the side buttons. “Yes?”
“Can you come upstairs to the Lab?”  The male scientist’s voice is uneasy as he spoke. “There has been an incident that happened to one of the scientists.”
“On my way.”  She releases her finger off the button sliding her arms into her lab coat.
“Thank you.”  The hologram of the monitor line falls back into its dome projector ending the call.
Her heels click on the marble floor down the hallway walking to the tube elevators. She looks down to make sure it is clear before entering as it pulls her up to the second floor. Reaching the lab, she is greeted at the door by one of the male scientists.
“Mrs. Wilkins, thank you for coming up.” He hands her a pair of safety shades.
“Of course, what seems to be the problem?”
The male scientist points to a girl scientist leaning against the experiment table in a desk stool hyperventilating. Susan, another one of the girl scientists is sitting next to her rubbing her back. “That new spider species you wanted us to research, it bit Tara.”
Mrs. Wilkins paces over to get a better look at Tara. Sweat drips from her forehead onto the table and her tan skin turns into a lighter color.
“May I?”  She indicates the bite on her finger.
Tara looks up at her with distress in her eyes, but allows her to take her hand.
Mrs. Wilkins inspects her hand examining the bite mark on her pointer finger. The bite mark is irritated, making it red.
“Is she going to be okay?” Another male scientist speaks up from the small group of scientists in the room.
“I’m not sure…” She looks around the room still holding onto Tara’s hand. “Where is the spider?”
“Don’t worry, it’s safely back in its carrier.”  The first male scientist holds up the plastic bug box and sets it back down on the experiment table.
“I’m…” Tara’s hoarse voice has everyone in the lab attentive on her. “really…thirsty...”  She looks up at Mrs. Wilkins revealing more of her sickly face.
“Susan, Get Tara some water out of the freezer in the breakroom.”  Mrs. Wilkins walks over to the lab sink to wash her hands.
“Yes Mrs. Wilkins.” Susan gets up from the experiment table and rushes out of the lab.
Mrs. Wilkins shakes her hands off over the sink and sticks them in the Instant Drying Machine 3000 removing completely dry hands. She turns her attention on the group of scientists in the room. “One of you carefully take the spider to the environmental room, this spider needs to be studied from afar, and is considered savage until our experts downstairs say otherwise, do I make myself clear?”
All the scientists nod their heads in reply, and a male scientist with dark black hair steps up in front of the group. “I will volunteer to take the spider there.”
Mrs. Wilkins hands him some safety protection gloves in the small compartment drawer near the lab sink. He puts them on, grabbing the plastic bug box as he leaves the lab. Susan passes by him at the lab door entering inside with a cold water bottle in hand. “I got the water.” She places the water bottle on the experiment table next to Tara. Tara grabs the water bottle with her pale white fingers taking a few gulps. Susan sits back next to her watching her drink until she is finished to speak. “How are you feeling?”
“The thirst….” She looks at Susan, bemused and wide eyed. “It’s…still…there…”
“Maybe you didn’t drink enough.” Mrs. Wilkins slides the water bottle back to Tara. “Here, drink a bit more.”
Tara drinks more out of the water bottle finishing it to the last drop, but places it down unsatisfied. “Nothing…”
“What do you mean?” Susan asks.
“It…It’s…still there!”
Everyone in the lab is bemused by Tara’s response. The small group of scientists murmur to each other looking to Mrs. Wilkins.
“How could you still be thirsty?”  Mrs. Wilkins looks at Tara with concern.
“Mrs. Wilkins!” Susan points her finger at Tara’s face. “Her eyes…They are dark red!”
Mrs. Wilkins pulls Tara’s arm gently down away from her face on the table in shock. Tara’s brown eyes are now a dark blood red. She jumps back removing her safety shades frightened and bewildered at the sight. “What in God’s name?”
The scientists crowd around Tara gasping in shock.
“She needs to see a doctor, now!”  Before Susan could say another word, Tara groans in pain placing her head in her hands.
“Tara, what’s wrong?” Susan asks her, her hand on her shoulder. Tara twirls her head fast intensely staring at her with the blood red eyes showing a pair of fangs. Susan removes her hands off her, backing away slowly. “Tara?”
Tara does not take her eyes off Susan as she walks away. She stands up from the stool with a demented evil smile on her face, before pouncing at Susan. The scientists scream out in terror as they race for the lab door.
“Help me!”  Susan yells out trying to fight Tara off her.
Mrs. Wilkins grabs Tara from behind throwing her off Susan. Tara is thrown against the white counter hitting her head. Mrs. Wilkins helps Susan back up onto her feet. “Are you alright?”
“Yes, thank you.”  Susan acknowledges her thanks with a relieved smile. Her smile quickly fades away letting out a scream. “Look out!”  She heaves Mrs. Wilkins out of the way. They both watch as a white counter cabinet door is thrown smashing into the wall breaking glass lab equipment on the experiment table. Both scientists look in fear to see Tara standing back up with rage.
“Let’s get out of here!” Mrs. Wilkins takes Susan’s hand scrambling back up on her feet both making a run for it out of the lab. Out in the hallway, an echo of panic is heard from other scientists with Tara chasing close behind them.
“Halt!” A security robot behind the scientists yells out at Tara stopping in her tracks. Tara turns to the security robot hissing at them flashing her fangs. “Stop in the name of the law!” The robot’s harsh metallic voice doesn’t show any effect on Tara. Tara charges at the robot at high-speed preparing to attack them, but electric sparks run through her body, too paralyzed to move falling stiff on the marble floor. The robot’s metal arm on his metallic body is stretched out revealing a small taser. It pulls back its extended arm back inside a small slot in their body, completely unarmed. Tara squirms through some last aftershocks of the small taser, giving up defeated on the floor.
 

Mrs. Wilkins and Susan run over between the security robot and Tara to check the damage.
“Thank you for coming so fast, P.S.R.”  Mrs. Wilkins places her hand on P.S.R.’s shoulder. “I owe you a raise.”
“P.S.R. is glad to be at your service.” It salutes her with their shoulder in thanks. “Anything else I can do for you, Mrs. Wilkins?”
“Yes, get the rest of the security guards to take Tara in the basement and put her in the cell where we put our thieves.”
“And get the janitor to clean up the lab.” Susan added.
“Right away ma’am!”  P.S.R. hovers away down the hallway.
All the scientists start to form up in a circle around Mrs. Wilkins and Susan staring down at Tara. Through all the commotion, Nick steps out of the crowd out of the empty circle joining the two scientists studying Tara. “Thank goodness you ladies are alright, what happened?”
“Tara attacked us after getting sick from a spider bite.” Mrs. Wilkins stood up from the floor acknowledging Nick’s presence.
“And she tried to bite my neck!” Susan gestured her hands towards her neck in fear.
“How could a spider bite cause this?”  Nick looked around, dumbfounded by Mrs. Wilkins story.
“That’s what we are trying to figure out.” Mrs. Wilkins replied bending down next to Tara. Nick watched her observe Tara on the floor. “Poor Tara.”
Mrs. Wilkins hesitates before placing two fingers on Tara’s neck. “She’s still alive, just unconscious.” Mrs. Wilkins looks up at the crowd of scientists. “Everyone get back to work, Susan and I will take care of this.”  The scientists disperse back into their office chairs.
“What about me?” Nick points to himself.
Mrs. Wilkins looks over at Susan, she nods to her. “Alright, you can help out.” At the end of the hallway, an assembly of security robots rush over to the three scientists. One robot walks up to the front of the group.
“How may we assist you today Mrs. Wilkins?”
“Well about time you arrive,” Mrs. Wilkins places her hands on her hips. “Take her down to the basement and put her in the cell. I will meet you there later with a doctor.”
“Yes ma’am!” The robot calls out to the other in his metallic voice. “Alright boys, you heard the lady!” Turning back around, they all shoot a light blue beam down at Tara levitating off the floor floating in the air.
“Let’s hurry this up; we can’t risk her waking up now.” Mrs. Wilkins snaps her fingers at them. The security robots move quickly as Tara hovered close behind them.
“Mrs. Wilkins,” Susan speaks up as they leave.
“What is it Susan?”
“I can get the doctor for you, so you can help them downstairs.”
Mrs. Wilkins places her hand on her shoulder. “Are you sure?”
“Yes, I insist.”  Susan assures her with a smile.
“I will come with you.” Nick stands next to Susan.
Mrs. Wilkins lets out a sigh. “Thank you both, let him know this is urgent.”
“Don’t worry, we will let him know.”  They both run towards the tube elevators heading down to the first floor. Mrs. Wilkins waits for it to be clear before stepping inside the tube elevator descending down. The bright lights fade away into darkness getting farther down. Her heels hit the concrete floor stepping outside a dark room. Lights turn on one by one as she walks down the dark hallway. Hovering noises and laser sounds come out farther down the hallway.
“Get her inside.” Barry, an old bearded man dressed in a white coat, orders the security robot to place her down in the metal jail cell. Barry turns around to see Mrs. Wilkins walk in. “Ah, Mrs. Wilkins, good to see you! Mrs. Wilkins stands next to him looking at Tara inside the cell still unconscious.
“She’s inside sir!” P.S.R. comes out of the cell.
“Wonderful, now step back so I can turn on the electricity.”  Barry walks down the control pad grabbing on the handle. The cell bar walls turn blue and sparks fly out.
“Will this stop her from getting out?” Mrs. Wilkins asks stepping back.
“Unless she’s immune to electricity, there’s no way she can escape through that.” Barry taps the control pad. He grabs hold of a clipboard next to him and carefully grows closer to the cell.
“Please be careful, she’s still hostile until we can figure out what’s wrong with her.”
“Don’t worry Mrs. Wilkins, I will be ju---“
A clang makes Barry yelp jumping away from the cell. Sparks buzz and menace screaming shout out inside the jail cell. Tara falls back down on the floor with a thud.
“What happened?” Mrs. Wilkins yells out.
Barry looks down at Tara flinching from aftershocks. “Your friend woke up.”
“Is she okay?” Mrs. Wilkins walks closer to the cell to get a better look inside.
“Don’t worry, she just unconscious again.”  Barry looks down in pity. “Poor girl…” He shakes his head at her. “I wonder what kind of sorcery she’s under.”
A yell is heard close by. “Mrs. Wilkins, we got the doctor!” Mrs. Wilkins and Barry turn around to see Susan and Nick at the end of the hallway with the doctor right behind them.
“Doctor! Thank goodness you’re here!” Mrs. Wilkins walks over to greet him shaking his hand.
“It’s my pleasure.” He grazed his dark hair. “Your two scientists spoke to me over the phone about a spider bite?”
“Yes, one of the scientists here, Tara, she got bit by a new spider we were studying.” She points over to the jail cell. “We had to put her in there…”
“In a jail cell?” The doctor rose an eyebrow.”
“Yeah,” Susan spoke up. “She tried to bite me in the neck!” She grabbed at her throat.
“She tried to bite you?” The doctor looked over at the jail cell. “Well this sounds very serious. Tell me, where is this spider?”
“I had one of the scientists take it down to the environmental room.” Mrs. Wilkins points her finger up at the ceiling. “Now can we please help Tara?”
“Of course, sorry.” The doctor places his black bag on the wood table. “Can one of you shut off the hazards?” His head gestures to the blue electricity that glows off the bars.
“I don’t think we can do that…”  Mrs. Wilkins crosses her arms. “She’s too dangerous to be up close.”
“Don’t worry Mrs. Wilkins, I can fix that problem, but we must act quickly if she wakes up.” Barry turns off the electricity.
“Barry, what are you doing? Are you crazy?” Mrs. Wilkins yells at him.
“Relax,” Barry opens the jail door. “Nick, lend me a hand?” Nick steps forward waiting for his assistance.
Barry gestures Nick to help pick Tara up grabbing her under her arms and Nick grabbing her legs. They both lift her over to one of the metal cuffs on the stone wall locking her hands inside the cuffs. “There, that should do it!” Barry exclaimed.
“Will that stop her?” Nick has his hands on his knees.
“It will stop her long enough for us to take action.” Barry comes out of the jail cell leaving Nick alone with Tara grabbing a small taser off the wooden table. “Here Doctor, in case she wakes up, use this on her.” He tosses it to the Doctor.
“Thank you.” The Doctor walks in the jail cell looking at Nick staring at Tara. “If you don’t mind, I like to work alone.” The doctor puts down his black bag rummaging through his tools.
“Sorry, excuse me.” Nick leaves the cell leaving the doctor alone.
“Doctor, try to not get too close to her if you can.” Susan yells out to him.
The group of scientists wait outside the cell as the doctor does a long check-up on Tara inside. The doctor would talk to himself in a whisper as he worked.
“Fascinating…” The doctor looks at Tara’s weak face rubbing his chin.
“Well?” Mrs. Wilkins asks outside the cell door, her arms crossed.
“I must say…” The doctor stands up facing Mrs. Wilkins. “I never seen anything like it.” He closes up his black bag. “So far, other than her red eyes and her pointy fangs, everything else seems to be normal.”
“But that can’t be possible doctor, look at her!” Susan points at Tara. “She got red eyes! How is that normal?”
“I didn’t say that she is, I’m talking about the important stuff, heart rate, blood pressure, things like that.” The doctor remarked. “This young lady is going to have to come with me, I need to do some research and take some tests on her back at the hospital in order to get down to the bottom of this.”
“I’m afraid we can’t do that…” Barry sighed. “Much too dangerous, she’s too hostile to be out in public.”
A loud screech yells out turning everyone’s heads towards the jail cell. In shock, they watch Tara break off the chains on her wrists.
“Nick! Shut the door! Quickly now, I will go turn on the electric!” Barry shouts.
Nick rushes at the jail door, but Tara pushes against it.
“I can’t get it to close!” Nick struggles to close the door pushing hard against the door, his head facing away from Tara as she tries to bite him.
Susan runs over to try and help Nick, but it is too late. Tara shoves through and attacks Nick biting him on the neck.
“NICK!” Everyone yells out in unite. Blood leaks out on the floor, Nick lifeless on the floor.
“Oh god!” Susan has her hand over her mouth in disgust.
Barry, in anger, slams his hand on a big red button on the control pad. Red lights flash around the dark room and a loud horn beeps echoing the room. Tara covers her ears screeching out in pain on the floor. Everyone steps back as metallic robots with guns march up to Tara line up surrounding her.
“Seize her!” Barry points at Tara. The robots take aim and fire at Tara. Loud popping sounds fill the air leaving a cloud of smoke and dust.
“Hold your fire!” Mrs. Wilkins calls out. Coughing and fanning their hands from the smoke clouds, they look out in the open circle of robots to see no one but Nick dead on the concrete floor.
“Where did she go?” The Doctor yells out to everyone.
“I don’t know!” Susan backs away cowering away from the group. “Why is Tara doing this?”
“That because it isn’t Tara,” The Doctor looks over at Susan. “It seems like she is possessed by something, but I can’t figure that out until I get test results!”
A clanging sound is heard on the ceiling.
“What was that?” Mrs. Wilkins asks on her guard.
Everyone looks up to see Tara crawling on the ceiling right above the doctor.
“Doctor, Look out!” Susan yells to him.
Tara jumps down on top of the doctor pinning him down.  “Help! Get off me!” Tara bites into his shoulder.
“Doctor, No!” Mrs. Wilkins screams.
“Fire!” Barry demands the robot in a harsh voice. Bullets fly at Tara, but she nudges some off her shoulder as if they were just soft ping-pongs bouncing off her.
“But how?” Susan shouts.
Tara lets out an evil laugh. She punches through the robot circle knocking the robots into tables and walls as they crash to the floor and races up the stairs.
“After her!” Barry shouts to the remaining robots. Barry runs up the stairs following in Tara’s direction. He pauses halfway up the steps. “You ladies go through the elevators, we can’t let her escape!”
They both nod their heads to Barry in reply and run down the lit hallway to the tube elevators.
 

They both enter one at a time to the first floor of the research center in shock to see scientists cowering and taking cover under the front desk.
“What happened?” Susan asked one of the staff.
“A crazy woman with red eyes caused havoc in here and ran out the glass doors.” One of the woman staff announced.
“Oh no!” Mrs. Wilkins ran over to the glass doors to look outside. Susan follows right behind her.
“This is bad, really bad!” Susan freaks out with her hands on her head. “What are we going to do?”
“Who was that?” One of the male staff asks.
“I’m afraid we don’t have any time to explain.” Mrs. Wilkins grows frantic with worry.
Footsteps and hover sounds are heard coming from inside the basement stairs. The staff slump back down behind toppled over furniture until they see Barry at the top of the steps.
“Good god, what happened? Is anyone hurt?” Barry has both his hands over his head.
“Everyone is fine,” Mrs. Wilkins places her hand on his shoulder. “just shaken up.”
“Where’s Tara?” Barry asks.
“She ran out the glass doors!” Susan points to the broken glass shards.
“Oh no! She must be stopped. She is a threat to the public!” Barry pulls out car keys out of his lab coat. “We can take my Chevrolet NGO.” Mrs. Wilkins turns to Susan.
“Susan, stay here and call the robo police. I will go with Barry to find Tara.”
“Ok Mrs. Wilkins, be careful out there.” Barry and Mrs. Wilkins step around the broken glass doors and run out in the parking lot. With a click of a button, Barry’s car rings out with his ringtone and Barry opens the side clear blue door.
“Ladies first.” Barry bows gesturing her to walk inside.
“Thank you.” Mrs. Wilkins hops in sitting on the round white plastic chair.
Barry slides in hitting buttons on the ceiling of the car starting it up. He sits next to Mrs. Wilkins once the car begins to roll out of the parking lot. “Where should we start searching?”
“Mrs. Wilkins pulls out her IPhone 15 maneuvering her fingers across the digital projection searching through websites. “I am going to see if the news gives us any clues of where she might be.”
“Good idea.” Barry looks out at the street. Mrs. Wilkins phone buzzes revealing Susan’s name.
“Hey, I got the police, they need your location. I told them everything we know and how they need to keep an eye out for her.”
“Good, we are on the highway right now.”
“I can see that.” Susan’s hologram head spins a 360 degrees looking around.
“We will figure something out.” Barry goes through his GPS. “How about we meet up at Denny’s?”
“Sounds good.” Mrs. Wilkins replies.
“Great, I will tell the police to meet you there. I will see you guys later.”
“Alright see you soon.” Mrs. Wilkins ends the call and places her IPhone in her pocket.
“Ok, I got the GSP set up.” He presses a few more buttons before sitting back down in the plastic white seat. Taking the next exit on the highway, both scientists look out to see cop cars parked in front of the parking lot of Denny’s. Barry parks the car, and the squad leader and a robot cop hovering next to him greet them both at the front of the car. “Hello ma’am, we got your message. We are on the lookout for her.”
“Well that’s splendid news.” Mrs. Wilkins looks down to hear her phone buzz again. She answers it expecting to see Susan’s face, but the screen fizzes out.
“Hello?” Mrs. Wilkins speaks over the fizzes. “Susan, what’s going on?”
“Ni—ck! H—e’s ali-ve!” A scream is heard in the background along with banging.
“Nick’s alive?” what do you mean?” The call ends. “Hello? Hello!” Mrs. Wilkins tries to call Susan back, but goes to voicemail.
“What did she mean that Nick is alive?” Barry asks.
“I don’t know…”
“Who is Nick? If you don’t mind asking.” The robot cop hovers closer to Mrs. Wilkins.
“My assistant, Tara killed him in the basement trying to figure out what happened to her.” Mrs. Wilkins turns her back on them staring blankly away.
“ma’am, I’m so sorry…” The robot puts his metal hand over his chin. “So why would your co-worker say he’s alive?”
“I don’t know…”
“Are you sure that he was dead?” The police officer asks.
“Yes, Tara bit into his neck!” Barry looks at Mrs. Wilkins teary-eyed. “We all saw it happen!”
“Well I assure you that we get to the bottom of this…” The squad leader gets a beep on his Radio Pad and presses down on it with his finger. A blue hologram comes out with another police officer face.
“Mark, did you find anything?” The squad leader asks.
“Yeah, I need backup! Now!”
“Did you find Tara?” The squad leader ignores his command.
“We think so, but we can’t tell, there’s a group of them heading towards us that look like the description.”
“There’s more?” Both scientists shout asking.
“Ok, we are on our way with backup.” Menacing screams are heard loudly in the background.
“What was that?”
“AHHH!” Mark shouts, gun shots are heard before the call fizzes out.
“We need to move now!” The squad leader shouts to his cops to move out. “How dangerous did you say she was?”
“She’s hostile to the public!” Barry lashes out to the squad leader. “The more she is out in the open, the more the risk of bystanders getting hurt!”
“Barry, calm down!” Mrs. Wilkins grabs him by the shoulders. “We will catch her.”
“There’s no need to get aggressive, we will be heading out now.” The squad leader gets in the passenger seat of his car. “We will be back soon.” The robot cop turns on the car and rolls away with sirens blaring into the streets. As they leave, an automatic driving sliver Buick pulls up in the parking lot, and Susan hastily gets out of the front seat.
“Susan, what are you doing here? What happened at the laboratory?”
“Nick, he’s alive!” Susan hollers to them.
“Will you stop saying that?” Mrs. Wilkins grabs her by the shoulder. “He’s dead, Susan! We watched him die!”
“But he is!” Susan points aimlessly at the streets. “He turned the same as Tara!”
“What are you talking about?” Barry asks.
“Nick came back alive, and transformed the same like Tara!”
“Did the spider get lose?” Mrs. Wilkins looks at Susan in shock.
“No, it’s securely safe back at the research center! Nick attacked killing almost everyone inside, some of us escaped in time, including me!” Mrs. Wilkins and Barry gasp.
“Deborah! You remember what Mark said on the Radio Pad?”
“Yes, Oh my god...”
“Who’s Mark?” Susan asks.
Menacing screams echo out from the streets alerting all the scientists. Thousands of them rush in high speed, all just like Tara transformation, ready to attack.
“Run!” Barry yells.
They run through the alleys. All of the scientists don’t look back. In their heads, they knew this could be the end of their great world.
 



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.