A simple cascade | Teen Ink

A simple cascade

By philipholl BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
philipholl BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

My trip to Orlando started off with a lot of issues--my flight from Milwaukee to Chicago had gotten delayed almost 2 hours, simply because a worker did not wish to come to work that day.  Having already gotten up at 4 o’clock to make the flight, I nearly fell asleep in the airport while waiting for this plane to take off. This simple delay cascaded and ruined the entire day's plans.  After landing in O’Hare, we had missed our original connecting flight, but there was another plane leaving 2 hours after our first, so my Dad and I sprinted in order to catch the flight.  We made it to the new gate in time, hearts racing as we got there.  Having planned to eat something at the airport, we were starving.  Even though the flight had started to board we had to wait another 5 minutes to get the tickets situated in order to board the flight.  After we finally sat down, I launched Netflix and started watching Forrest Gump. I had finally made it on the way to Orlando.  After landing in Orlando, my dad and I waited for my sister, Amelia, to pick us up from the airport.  As we were leaving the airport, Amelia asked me where I wanted to go, we originally planned on going to Universal but because of the delays it was up in the air--I made the tough decision and still went to Universal--unwilling to let the issues in the morning ruin the plans for the rest of our day.