Community Life in the Dairy State | Teen Ink

Community Life in the Dairy State

May 24, 2023
By NotMyActualName GOLD, Delafield, Wisconsin
NotMyActualName GOLD, Delafield, Wisconsin
14 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
You're only out of options when you stop looking for them.


Wisconsin is an amazing place, some may even say the best. And although Wisconsin has its downsides and hardships and harsh weathers and different but unique lifestyles, the fact is that Wisconsin is perfect because of the community it has and what Wisconsin offers to everyone.

Wisconsin may be known for products that it consumes such as the cheese industry, which have businesses such as Sartaro and BelGioioso, which are names that are now recognized all throughout the Midwest. Wisconsin also has a large beer industry, that is because Wisconsin has been a central location for breweries. One of the more famous brewery names is Miller but there is also the Milwaukee Brewing Company, which have had their fair share of success in the Midwest of America. Nonresidents may not know about the unique community that Wisconsin also offers, as there are many community related activities in many parts of the state such as the music venues hosted all across the state to the sports games in our major cities to the local festivals in the more reserved and wooded areas of our state. For example, I can go to the state fair in the city of Milwaukee and then go to a Brewers game all in the same month. If I do not prefer going into a big city then there are places outside of Milwaukee that offer both music and food and drinks to their patrons like the many restaurants we have in Waukesha County. Waukesha County alone hosts many events and get-togethers all throughout the year so I do not have to go far if I want to visit a festival or any other events that hosts food, drinks, and people. A main fact about Wisconsin is that the culture is centered around eating, drinking, and being part of a community. This culture is something that I love to be around because it tends to bring in a good environment of people who truly want to help each other and be with each other.

One of the places I love the most is rather close to where I live in Waukesha County, that being Water Street Brewery in Lake Country Wisconsin. Though this restaurant also has locations in Milwaukee County, my go to is the one in Delafield. Water Street Brewery in Delafield has an amazing and stylish interior that will make any visitor feel as if they are in an actual working brewery. The selection of each restaurant may vary by location but most contain a brunch menu, a main menu, and also a gluten friendly menu. From salads, tacos, pizzas to fish, burgers, and steaks; this restaurant has every food item that Wisconsinites love to eat. This brewpub interior has many decorations, TVs, and other memorabilia to keep guests entertained. There are also numerous items for the children while they dine as well. The location is also great due to the fact that it is surrounded by a shopping center in which I can park my vehicle in. The items that I myself personally tend to choose when I go there are definitely the Wisconsin Cheese Curds to start off with then followed by a BBQ Bacon Burger. Though if I’m feeling like I want to choose something different I sometimes pick a pizza or taco instead of a burger. On Fridays the restaurant also has fish fry and other fish choices to order that I do try out as well.

To visit one of the leading brewpubs in Wisconsin that brings people together in communities would be the very definition of what a Wisconsinite does in their freetime when they wish to find an awesome place to eat at while talking to their neighbors and their friends. Water Street Brewery will always be an example of what Wisconsin truly is and what we offer.