Pack Vs. Vike | Teen Ink

Pack Vs. Vike

By Lauren Messenger PLATINUM, Nashotah, Wisconsin
Lauren Messenger PLATINUM, Nashotah, Wisconsin

It’s not news to fans that the Packer’s once valuable quarterback, Brett Favre, has joined one of Packer’s all-time rivals, the Minnesota Vikings. It was, however, the first time Favre returned back to Lambeau with his new team. Upon the night of Favre’s homecoming, he received a greeting he was not familiar with.

Once loving fans shouted and booed as Favre entered the stadium dressed head to toe Viking. The negative energy, however, did not affect his game. The Minnesota Vikings came out with a victory against the Green Bay Packers for the second time this year, 38-26.

Despite the tension and bitterness of the crowd, Favre did not have harsh words for this former team. “What I’ve done here speaks for itself. What I was part of was awesome and that will never change,” Favre told the associated press regarding the game and his former team.

The loss to the Vikings was not just a disappointment for the fans. New quarterback Aaron Rodgers took the loss difficultly in more ways than one. “I’ll be ok in a couple of days,” Rodgers commented to the press. “This one will hurt for a couple of days, though, physically and mentally.”