Top 10 High School Football Players | Teen Ink

Top 10 High School Football Players

May 20, 2008
By Anonymous

1)
Rico Mack is number one playing at Wide Receiver for the North Cobb wearing number five. Against Marietta Rico had eight catches for 135 yards and 3 touchdowns. Including one punt return for a touchdown. A medium sized guy with great speed and hands that can run back kicks and punts back for a touchdown easily.
2)
Matt Roark is coming in at number two starting at Quarterback for North Cobb wearing number 8. Roark connected with Mack for two scoring strikes and a two-point conversion. Roark finished with 193 yards and three touchdowns on 12-of-14 completions passing. Matt is a big tall Quarterback with an arm but can still run you over if he has to.
3)
Trey Charles comes in at third wearing number rocking Marietta Offense playing Wide Receiver. Trey finished the day against Etowah with 138 receiving yards and helps beat Etowah 14-3. Trey is fast and has good hands, but can also run the ball very well.
4)
Stanley Jennings fourth wearing number five for Marietta also. Marietta Pounds McEachern and Stanley had a big game with 200 yards passing with two touchdowns beating them 20-3.He is a good passer and can kill you with his running ability with his size and body strength.
5)
Dontavius Jackson number eight starting at running back for Heard County High School. He is a great runner, has good vision, and makes good cuts. Jackson finished the regular season with 2206 yards on 195 carries, averaging 11.3 yards per carry, and 26 touchdowns. He runs a 4.4 which has the scouts all over him. He has offers to Georgia, Alabama, Clemson LSU, and Penn State.
6)
Brice Butler number twelve for Norcross High School at Wide receiver. Butler has a 3.0 core GPA and a 1350 SAT score, and is the son of Atlanta Falcon Bobby Butler. He had 35 receptions for 680 yards and nine touchdowns, but had to share the receptions with the other top receiver Darius Hanks who now plays for Alabama. He has offers from USC, Arizona State, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, and Penn State. He has good hands, great acceleration off the line, and he has good route running skills.
7)
Ebele Okakpu number two for Roswell High School playing Linebacker. Okakpu had 121 tackles, 9 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, and 4 fumble recoveries as he led his team to the state championship game. He is a fast player who is also a big hitter that can close in and make the tackle from long distances. He is also the fastest player on defense on the whole team. He can fill holes very well which disrupts the run. He has offers on the table waiting for him such as North Carolina, Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Miami Florida, Virginia Tech.
8)
T.J. Pridemore number forty two for Buford High School playing Middle Linebacker. Pridemore had 115 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 fumble recoveries, and 3 forced fumbles. He was named number one all-state defensive player when he was a junior. He is also the son of Tom Pridemore who played for the Atlanta Falcons for 8 years. He has offers from Georgia Tech, Duke, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia.
9)
DeRon Furr number seventeen for Carver High School at Quarterback. He led Carver to the Semi-Finals. He is a big quarterback who is good in the pocket and can run on the ground. He had offers from Auburn, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Marshall, South Carolina, and South Florida. He might need to improve on his touch and his decision making to help him get better.
10)
Demetrius Murray number five for Roswell High School at running back. He had 142 carries for 1, 090 yards and led Gwinnett County in with 20 TD's. He has good balance, a good power runner, and can break multiple tackles. He can use his quick feet to get past the defender but can run between the tackles. Offers pour in from South Florida, Central Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Mississippi, and Wake Forest.