Standing Out | Teen Ink

Standing Out

By iScareBear GOLD, Macomb, Michigan
iScareBear GOLD, Macomb, Michigan

I am more than i appear...

Wrestling… it began back in ancient Greece and has continued on into the modern day. There is pro wrestling but there are different types of pro wrestling. There is Greco-Roman wrestling and then there is also that WWE junk that those uninformed kids watch on t.v.’s pay-per-view. Wrestling is a major part of my life and it has been for about 5 years now. Yes, I am a girl. Yes, I am an athlete. Yes… I am a wrestler. I was the only female wrestler at my middle school and the same thing at both my old and current high school. I am also moving so it will probably the same thing at my next high school. So I am a dedicated wrestler though I do have an embarrassing confession… I have never won a single match… yet still I proceed on, trudging though the slump that falls upon me when that slap on the mat made by the ref and that final whistle blows. I carry on, with my head held high… even showing off my bruises proudly. I stand out in the crowd...

Absolutely and completely true.

KityraAnderson PLATINUM, Mercer Island, Washington

Nothing matters more than those who depend on you, emotionally or physically. Even if the situation is life or death, you have to be there for them, because they need you.

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I'm a first year so yeah, it's expected that I lose... What's your favorite shot? I use the double leg so much. Do you wrestle the guys too? It sucks wrestling guys, but at least we get those awesome bruises to show off :) what's your favorite from the bottom ref position? I do switches a lot, but I don't think I've ever done a stand up... I ask too many questions :P Go girls wrestling!!!!! Build your base and get back up again :) ~Kitty~